Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

52 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

He absolutely touched her.  She reached up to grab the microphone and he pushed down on her arm to keep her from grabbing the mic.  No, it's nothing that will leave any kind of mark or trauma but to say he never touched her like he has, his network has, and other members of the media have claimed is absolute bullshit.  To say otherwise after seeing the video is a lie, pure and simple.  You can try to justify why he touched her, you can claim it was totally accidental, you can claim that it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.  You can not claim that the touch never happened.

Were you this breathless about Corey Lewendowski? Rob Porter? Donald Trump?

• Like 1

Just now, tjhooker said:

there was no assault.  that is hyperbole.  Acosta was being a child and unprofessional as was Trump.  It is a big trap for Acosta and he keeps falling for it.  Trump wants these viral moments because he knows it reinforces his narrative with his base.  Thats why I think he went on with over 60 questions for over a hour.  He wants reporters to look unhinged.  The story then becomes about the press conference and not about some of his ridiculous answers to some of the questions.  BTW it worked.  No one is talking about what was said but that viral CNN moment.

The story is that the white house is attempting to doctor evidence to manufacture false charges against a citizen.

SHS described assault, posted a doctored video from the press secretary twitter, and used it as justification for rescinding his press pass.

That is authoritarianism. If you can't see that, you're fucking blind. Acosta isn't supposed to be the "adult" in the room, he's supposed to do his job and ask questions and demand accountability from the government.

You're making excuses for the same shit every authoritarian despot has done.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

there was no assault.  that is hyperbole.  Acosta was being a child and unprofessional as was Trump.  It is a big trap for Acosta and he keeps falling for it.  Trump wants these viral moments because he knows it reinforces his narrative with his base.  Thats why I think he went on with over 60 questions for over a hour.  He wants reporters to look unhinged.  The story then becomes about the press conference and not about some of his ridiculous answers to some of the questions.  BTW it worked.  No one is talking about what was said but that viral CNN moment.

It didn't work. A lot of people are talking about what you claim no one is talking about. 

2 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

where did I make an excuse?

7 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Acosta was being a child and unprofessional as was Trump.  It is a big trap for Acosta and he keeps falling for it.  Trump wants these viral moments because he knows it reinforces his narrative with his base.  Thats why I think he went on with over 60 questions for over a hour.  He wants reporters to look unhinged.  The story then becomes about the press conference and not about some of his ridiculous answers to some of the questions.  BTW it worked.  No one is talking about what was said but that viral CNN moment.

You're justifying his authoritarian behavior and his administrations MANUFACTURE AND EDITING OF VIDEO EVIDENCE that they used as justification for stripping his credentials. You're acting like this is just how things are supposed to be. You shouldn't be shrugging at and excusing the white house trying to gin up assault charges against a reporter for just asking a question.

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's a shame that Trump places an intern or young employee in that position.  I wonder if she was instructed to create the scene.  Perhaps the incoming oversight committee can ask her.

Very good chance of that. It's not like there aren't seamless ways to handle reporters you don't like. Just have multiple microphones and turn him off when you're tired of him. I mean, that's what a nice Stalinist leader would do, but it doesn't give you the photo op of Acosta coming into contact with the intern.

Just now, tjhooker said:

that is not excusing it.  you have horrible reading comprehension skills.  in fact, i even said trump was being a child too.  i was saying this is trump's strategy but you can't discern that obviously.  i noticed you didn't bold where i called trump a child and said he had ridiculous answers to some of the questions.

It's a bad strategy. It's part of the reason why he and his party aren't as powerful today as they were Monday.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

If Trump is justified in his scolding and censuring of Acosta, why is he relying on tainted evidence?

Does the truth not matter to ANY Trumpkins?  Did it ever?

Have some fucking self-respect and act like Americans.

(LOL.  I crack myself up.)

It matters to them, in the sense that they know they have to destroy the concept of it.

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

I am now eagerly awaiting CNN's condemnation of the Antifa group trying to break into Tucker Carlson's home and giving his home address out on Twitter as an attack on the free press.  Should I make some popcorn?  Maybe buy a book of crossword puzzles to work on while I wait?

Link?

8 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Wrong.  Please scroll up and try to read.  I said it wasn't assault but hyperbole.  Maybe your next response you can go even larger text?  seriously?

I can't make it larger unfortunately. I know you're saying it's not assault, but that doesn't change the fact that the white house is claiming it was and has formally used it as justification for rescinding his credentials.

You are overlooking this key detail and brushing the whole thing off as everyone overreacting.

5 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

THANK YOU for posting the source that validates the claims being made. Yeah, that's real fucked up and folks shouldn't do that. But also, I don't really feel all that bad seeing it happen to carlson, as he's egged on people doing similar things. It's comeuppance, but it's still not right.

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

THANK YOU for posting the source that validates the claims being made. Yeah, that's real fucked up and folks shouldn't do that. But also, I don't really feel all that bad seeing it happen to carlson, as he's egged on people doing similar things. It's comeuppance, but it's still not right.

And they weren't trying to break in. They are essentially protesting an opinion talk host. 

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'm not really sure I see what this has to do with anything? That's a shitty thing to do. Should be condemned.  What does this have to do with the behavior of the POTUS and the White House?  Do we not have different standards?  It's like, "yeah, the CEO of our company just went on a meth binge and took a shit in the middle of the conference room, but so did that homeless guy outside, so what's your problem?"

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Jim Accosted had his privilege revoked? I can’t believe I’m just hearing this, great news. 

Ah. You're a sniveling fascist.

When the anti-fascists egg your house & scream at you while you engulf McRibs at McDonald's, I'll say that's great news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

I'm not really sure I see what this has to do with anything? That's a shitty thing to do. Should be condemned.  What does this have to do with the behavior of the POTUS and the White House?  Do we not have different standards?  It's like, "yeah, the CEO of our company just went on a meth binge and took a shit in the middle of the conference room, but so did that homeless guy outside, so what's your problem?"

There is a whole lot of false equivalence going around, so of course all the rational people have to spend time providing evidence of the absurdity. 

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

It doesn't have anything to do with anything, just commenting on the whataboutism of the day. It's not right to terrorize a man's family because you disagree with his opinions. Full stop. My comment about comeuppance is that in a petty way, I see it as him reaping what he's been sowing. Carlson has been a big part of the decline of our discourse so it's the chickens coming home to roost.

To reiterate: I don't think that sort of behavior is ever ok. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Captainant said:

It doesn't have anything to do with anything, just commenting on the whataboutism of the day. It's not right to terrorize a man's family because you disagree with his opinions. Full stop. My comment about comeuppance is that in a petty way, I see it as him reaping what he's been sowing. Carlson has been a big part of the decline of our discourse so it's the chickens coming home to roost.

To reiterate: I don't think that sort of behavior is ever ok. 

I know. I wasn't really referring to you. We're seeing a lot of this in general. The White House or the POTUS does or says something despicable, and his minions rush to the internet to post links to some random individual doing something abhorrent.  

54 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

that's nonsense.  I have looked at the few other posters who dare to post counter thought and they get very similar reactions and responses.  it is not a me thing as you say.  I enjoy political discourse and debate.  When it spirals into name calling it really no longer is discourse or debate.  

Obviously, you support it so please continue on.  

More whining? Check.  Nothing of substance? Check.

If it whines like a tjhooker post and it's full of meaningless dipshittery like a tjhooker post, it must be a tjhooker post.

The reason you don't provide substantial discourse or debate is because you are incapable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

I am now eagerly awaiting CNN's condemnation of the Antifa group trying to break into Tucker Carlson's home and giving his home address out on Twitter as an attack on the free press.  Should I make some popcorn?  Maybe buy a book of crossword puzzles to work on while I wait?

It's actually not CNN's job to condemn or approve anything. They're a news organization. They should just report the news outside of clearly identified opinion programming.

Maybe you should look for such an organization to inform yourself and make your own opinions.

Tucker is a lowlife, but no person should be made afraid in their own home or anywhere else.

This "mob," however, is not the same as the President of the United States calling members of the press enemies of the state. It's not the same as a synagogue attack. It's not the same as sending pipe bombs.

But enjoy that little victory in your little mind.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Agent47 said:

Ah. You're a sniveling fascist.

When the anti-fascists egg your house & scream at you while you engulf McRibs at McDonald's, I'll say that's great news.

Mr. Accosted can virtue signal somewhere else, he’ll be fine. 

I doubt such heathens could manage my neighborhood security, but I suppose I would feel somewhat honored if they deemed me worthy of their vandalism. Also, McRib? Gross. 

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It's actually not CNN's job to condemn or approve anything. They're a news organization. They should just report the news outside of clearly identified opinion programming.

Fucking hilarious!

Good stuff.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Mr. Accosted can virtue signal somewhere else, he’ll be fine. 

I doubt such heathens could manage my neighborhood security, but I suppose I would feel somewhat honored if they deemed me worthy of their vandalism. Also, McRib? Gross. 

Hey TJ, any thoughts on this type of post and whether we, as the sur-lib cabal, should give it equal weight to other more informed posts? 

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

That's the other one I left off.  If counter to CR group thought opinion and this is even more common than troll or nazi is you're a dumb motherfucker, moron, idiot or racist.  It is just ridiculous to have any discussion in CR without this happening within a few posts.  Then it all ends with a barrage of negs.  Sometimes you get death wished upon your kids and you too.  It's just a great place to try to have a civil discussion. 

It comes across IMHO as people frustrated with Trump finally having a method to lash out in their minds.

You should PM Derka.

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

That's the other one I left off.  If counter to CR group thought opinion and this is even more common than troll or nazi is you're a dumb motherfucker, moron, idiot or racist.  It is just ridiculous to have any discussion in CR without this happening within a few posts.  Then it all ends with a barrage of negs.  Sometimes you get death wished upon your kids and you too.  It's just a great place to try to have a civil discussion. 

It comes across IMHO as people frustrated with Trump finally having a method to lash out in their minds.

Do you honestly think ewaesome’s viewpount is valid? Or is it deserving of derision? I obviously believe the latter but how comfortable can one be defending his incindiary language and barely defensible version of the facts? This isn’t about honest dialogue, it’s about dealing with some very outlandish positions 

Just now, Chrispy said:

Well, I hope they’re keenly aware of the Castle Doctrine. 

Just so you know, don't try and bait anyone into attacking you. Folks have been found guilty of manslaughter for similar behavior. I only say this because I genuinely don't think you know any better and I'm pretty sure you don't intrinsically value human life.

• Like 3

this is what Trump said about Rob Porter

Well, we wish him well. He worked very hard. I found out about it recently, and I was surprised by it. But we certainly wish him well.

It’s a, obviously, tough time for him. He did a very good job when he was in the White House. And we hope he has a wonderful career, and hopefully he will have a great career ahead of him. But it was very sad when we heard about it.  And, certainly, he’s also very sad.

Now he also — as you probably know, he says he’s innocent, and I think you have to remember that. He said very strongly yesterday that he's innocent.  So you’ll have to talk to him about that. But we absolutely wish him well. Did a very good job while he was at the White House.

Thank you very much everybody. Thank you.

who did this:

Image result for rob porter black eye

here is what Trumps said after Costa's arm brushed up against the intern trying to grab the microphone:

"CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them. You are a rude, terrible person,"

6 minutes ago, yoladu said:

here is what Trumps said after Costa's arm brushed up against the intern trying to grab the microphone:

"CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them. You are a rude, terrible person,"

I'm pretty sure Trump was thinking only about himself when he said that. He wasn't concerned about the intern and could see there wasn't any egregious behavior between her and Acosta. 'You dare to question me and not blindly promote my political narrative? You are a rude and terrible person!' I don't think it goes any deeper than that. 

• Like 1