Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 minutes ago, texastough said:

I can't find a 2020 presidential elections thread, and sorry if this has been posted already, but I've been thinking about an ideal democratic candidate. I think its someone from the military with a strong personality that can effectively call out Trump's bullshit. Like a McRaven. Someone who's integrity and dignity starkly contrast to Trump's childish/evil antics. The military angle & Washington outsider-ness should bring back at least some of the rednecks from the edge of the abyss. 

If that person does not exist, maybe there's hope for Hickenlooper and the idea of an R as a running mate.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

As soon as Rosenstein is gone, Mueller has to release the hounds right?  What choice would he have?

^ Sealed indictments and grand jury activity in the previous months seem to be two ways in which Mueller could have anticipated this.

Edited by retread

2 minutes ago, texastough said:

I can't find a 2020 presidential elections thread, and sorry if this has been posted already, but I've been thinking about an ideal democratic candidate. I think its someone from the military with a strong personality that can effectively call out Trump's bullshit. Like a McRaven. Someone who's integrity and dignity starkly contrast to Trump's childish/evil antics. The military angle & Washington outsider-ness should bring back at least some of the rednecks from the edge of the abyss. 

If that person does not exist, maybe there's hope for Hickenlooper and the idea of an R as a running mate.

If Trump decided to say the moon was made out of cheese, you could have Buzz Aldrin refute him and trumpkins would believe Cheeto.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

And now all the Trumpkins who had been hiding but came back last night to crow about Beto losing and Florida going racist red will turn tail again with this latest news drop.

I thought living in a banana republic would involve more steel drums and rum.

Funny how they kept complaining this place was a liberal echo chamber. No. They just kept themselves in hiding the past several months, because they knew they couldn't defend the indefensible. They only come out to cheer for their "team" instead of actually discussing issues.

Mindless, knee-jerk, partisans who only gain comfort in "liberal tears" and hate and whose only beliefs are rooted in selfish nihilism.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Some of you Nancy’s need to calm down. Trump lost Michigan Pennsylvania and Wisconsin last night. The first two bigly. He  absolutely can’t win without those three and he knows it. 

That and Texas is turning into a swing state. Want proof? How many political ads did you just watch the last couple months and look at the results. It’s getting ever closer. Beto won Tarrant and Williamson county for fucks sale. If trump and the trumpkins lose Texas there is no path to winning. 

Other than Beto losing, which was of course was always gonna be difficult, the most disappointing result last night was the Florida governors race. No doubt racism played a factor there. 

Yep:

Minnesota Senate = Dems 60.2 to 36.4%

Wisconsin Senate = Dems 55.5 to 44.5%

Michigan Senate = Dems 52.3 to 45.7%

Pennsylvania Senate = Dems 55.5 to 42.8%

Ohio is still mixes with a Republican Gov and a Dem Senate.

When you combine this with the energy and resources you will have to pour in Florida, and maybe even Texas (if Beto runs) that is going to create a lot of russian bots. 

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

They should have suspended Acosta for a few weeks, but man did he get in Trump’s Head.  That will be the last Trump press conference we see for a while.  Trump is even more rattled and on his way to pulling an impression of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tjhooker said:

Yes, that's the trial. You are impeached by the House.  

And your shit can be put on public blast by the House.   

Trump does not want this.  There’s a reason why KellyAnne told the reporter to basically fuck off when he asked her about the Dems going after Trump’s tax returns and other financial statements.  

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

LOL you realize that the trial after an impeachment goes through the Senate, right?

LOL. there was no way they'd get 67 votes to vote guilty regardless of what would have happened on election night in the Senate.  he just needed the senate to keep placing judges and to stop Dem House agenda.  pick ups were gravy.

3 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

I was responding to the comment Trump campaigned for the Senate so he wouldn't get impeached.  The Senate doesnt impeach.  Ask Bill Clinton.

Jesus Christ he wasn't being literal.  He was talking about the Senate's role in the trial following impeachment.

Fuck me for engaging the troll.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And your shit can be put on public blast by the House.   

Trump does not want this.  There’s a reason why KellyAnne told the reporter to basically fuck off when he asked her about the Dems going after Trump’s tax returns and other financial statements.  

then they should bring it on.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

LOL. there was no way they'd get 67 votes to vote guilty regardless of what would have happened on election night in the Senate.  he just needed the senate to keep placing judges and to stop Dem House agenda.  pick ups were gravy.

Oh, there's no doubt.

Trump could be videoed getting pegged by Whoopie Goldberg whilst citing the Koran and nothing would come of it by Team R.

16 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

LOL. there was no way they'd get 67 votes to vote guilty regardless of what would have happened on election night in the Senate. 

While I agree the likelihood of 67 conviction votes is near nonexistent, there is significant political value in following through on the process. 

Also, while it’s an unlikely outcome, there are certain conditions that could exist to persuade a successful removal vote.  And by conditions, I mean massive sustained protests and/or riots. But that’s also highly unlikely. 

Just saying, the powers that be want you to think it’s a futile effort so no one puts up a fight and that is how democracy really dies.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Oh, there's no doubt.

Trump could be videoed getting pegged by Whoopie Goldberg whilst citing the Koran and nothing would come of it by Team R.

well that'd be close to gettin' a blow job by an intern in the white house so it could happen.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While I agree the likelihood of 67 conviction votes is near nonexistent, there is significant political value in following through on the process. 

Also, while it’s an unlikely outcome, there are certain conditions that could exist to persuade a successful removal vote.  And by conditions, I mean massive sustained protests and/or riots. But that’s also highly unlikely too. 

Just saying, the powers that be want you to think it’s a futile effort so no one puts up a fight and that is how democracy really dies.

died a long time ago.  many years before trump.

Just now, tjhooker said:

He'd still have to perjure himself despite the BJ and all.  LOL

he probably would but in the scenario posed with Whoopie being involved he might actually get some good liberal press out of it and at least can't be considered a racist. the Koran piece is dicey though I will admit.

14 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

The replies to this are well worth a read...

Yeah, yeah.  Sic Semper cowards.

You took an oath.  You said "fuck it."  So you got what you deserved.  Enjoy your shameful spot in history.  That stain doesn't wash out.  Your descendants will know of you as one of the cabal of gutless cowards who could have acted in the interest of the Republic, but chose not to.  Your family crest will need to be changed to a kneeling sycophant slobbering an orange knob.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I've been ramblin' around in some deep red territory the last couple days (Ponca City, OK, Tulsa, etc.) and the radio out here is so biased for conservatives, it's absurd.

Anyways, I heard the clip from Trump on the radio, and it just goes back to how flippant and hilariously "No F's given" he is. He's the political equivalent of a drunk driver being able to survive gruesome wrecks they are responsible for because he is so unaware and relaxed and just in his own world so he's not aware enough to be fearful or concerned or tense up and cause himself damage. I think maybe people are just attracted to that swagger and bullying kind of thing. Weak people, which 90% of America is because we are a fat, prosperous people who even the poor people are fat and have iphones (I digress).

My point is that he's just off-the-cuff nuts and hilarious and people are eating it up with his "Mia love showed me no love, too bad she lost. Not sure if I should be sad or happy, too bad" stuff. He's like a big, fat, autistic weirdo whose stand-up comedy is so funny because it's meta or alt-comedy.

Anyways, I can see lots of pros and cons for both sides after yesterday, I think it's good for the country and excited to see where it goes from here. Can someone link me to Brisket's first post after the election? I'm assuming it's either the verbal version of the mentally ill woman yelling "NOOO" or it's a nihilistic one liner you can smell the whiskey off of.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I've been ramblin' around in some deep red territory the last couple days (Ponca City, OK, Tulsa, etc.) and the radio out here is so biased for conservatives, it's absurd.

Anyways, I heard the clip from Trump on the radio, and it just goes back to how flippant and hilariously "No F's given" he is. He's the political equivalent of a drunk driver being able to survive gruesome wrecks they are responsible for because he is so unaware and relaxed and just in his own world so he's not aware enough to be fearful or concerned or tense up and cause himself damage. I think maybe people are just attracted to that swagger and bullying kind of thing. Weak people, which 90% of America is because we are a fat, prosperous people who even the poor people are fat and have iphones (I digress).

My point is that he's just off-the-cuff nuts and hilarious and people are eating it up with his "Mia love showed me no love, too bad she lost. Not sure if I should be sad or happy, too bad" stuff. He's like a big, fat, autistic weirdo whose stand-up comedy is so funny because it's meta or alt-comedy.

Anyways, I can see lots of pros and cons for both sides after yesterday, I think it's good for the country and excited to see where it goes from here. Can someone link me to Brisket's first post after the election? I'm assuming it's either the verbal version of the mentally ill woman yelling "NOOO" or it's a nihilistic one liner you can smell the whiskey off of.

Neither.  My first post afterwards is a measured take and analysis on the election results both nationally and statewide.  AND noting that we have a huge cancer of racist xeonophibic assholes here, and that cancer's been trying to kill us for 250 years.  Eventually, it will succeed.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Neither.  My first post afterwards is a measured take and analysis on the election results both nationally and statewide.  AND noting that we have a huge cancer of racist xeonophibic assholes here, and that cancer's been trying to kill us for 250 years.  Eventually, it will succeed.

I'm just ribbing you, big guy. Can you link me your response? "Measured and Analysis" Brisket sounds like a throwback to the old Brisket everyone loved and appreciated before the nervous breakdown.

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I'm just ribbing you, big guy. Can you link me your response? "Measured and Analysis" Brisket sounds like a throwback to the old Brisket everyone loved and appreciated before the nervous breakdown.

Here, I'll just repost it....hold on, gotta find it.....there it is:

6af.jpg

I posted an abridged form, for convenience of the reader.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The replies to this are well worth a read...

My god, the shade!

Contact your congressman and ask them to do something about the president

You bit your lip now you can bite my ass
be37a110ac0503b21f2add1e5151efc7.jpg

Gosh just a shame that you had no opportunity to stand up for principle and speak out against this kind of thing. Hope your lip heals. I'm not sure our country will.

Congratulations! Because of this tweet, you've just been nominated for the "Jeff Flake Empty and Belated Moral Courage" award!

lol shut the fuck up nerd happy job hunting

womp (u dont even get the second one)

I once abdicated my responsibility of closing the door before bed and mice in my food angered me to my core. I also abdicated my responsibility to tie my shoelaces and falling all day angered me to my core.

MOCs like you weren't criticized "bc of POTUS." You were criticized because you DID NOTHING ABOUT POTUS.

And you earned that criticism, sunshine.

This is about you, Ryan, right? You are angered to the core because of your hurt feelings. But remember Trump's targets in the last two years. The ones that don't have the voice that you had. The ones that never saw you stand against Trump, instead you bit your lip!

And lots of thoughts and prayers.