Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

37 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I know I'm not partisan when I look at shit like this and realize that I just don't care about which POTUS/party blows money on holidays, family travel, secret service protection after office, family security, etc.  Yeah, it adds up to real money but it's a drop in the bucket compared to the overall abuse of the Executive Branch/Administrative State.  I don't mind the money being spent to keep them at ease and safe, as well as their loved ones.  Because the alternative is to have someone taken and the president be compromised.  Or worse yet, a Carter or Bush being taken into foreign hands and interrogated.  No telling what they'd give up due to pain or threats to their family members.  We and the Swiss keep the world's secrets, and that costs money.  And it also requires lavish vacations.  It's pennies on the dollars compared to the downside of something bad happening.  Say for instance, we spend a lot on such measures but the sitting POTUS were to leak out over the interwebs something sensitive to our position in the world.  Thankfully, that could never happen...

I think it's a little different when the president is using tax dollars to pay his own private company for room and board for secret service staff who aren't getting paid during a government shutdown.

• Like 4

He is, quite frankly, the best negotiator of all time. Just ask him. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-lowers-demand-for-border-wall-funding/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=61675730

On the seventh day of the partial government shutdown, President Trump on Friday threatened to shut down the U.S.-Mexico border if Democrats refuse his monetary demands to build his long-promised wall. Acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney said he expected the shutdown to go on for a while, but revealed the president has come down from his initial demand of $5 billion to build the wall.

"We sat down with (Chuck) Schumer and gave him a number below five. I am not going to tell you what it is," Mulvaney said.

• Haha 1

I think it's a little different when the president is using tax dollars to pay his own private company for room and board for secret service staff who aren't getting paid during a government shutdown.

Are those employees necessary to help funnel dollars into DOTUS’s wallet? Well then, they’re essential!

It’s the naked and shameless hypocrisy and profiteering that still amazes me (I should be immune by now).

Our government is on skeleton crew...but he still finds a way to use it to benefit himself and his family. It’s just third world banana republic bullshit, and the MAGidiots cheer it on. Celebrating naked corruption to own the libs!
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

rooting for is that the middle class dipshits who keep voting for Republicans against their own financial interests finally wake the fuck up when it happens AGAIN and realize they've been played for suckers. Maybe the third time will be the charm. 

They will take the the self inflicted pain and consider it a source of honor.

squeeze.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

I don’t really care either. What I care about is rampant hypocrisy from trump and his fox friends who always made a big deal of Obama playing golf and visiting Hawaii. Trump had several texts about Obama and golf and has been on the course as president weekly it seems. Its infuriating to me.

Well, you see the difference here is that Obama is black.

2 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Well, you see the difference here is that Obama is black.

I don’t know about you but when I see black people from Kenya pretending to be the president wearing tan suits eating Dijon mustard on a golf course I get a little ragey and start lookin for the nearest tea party. 

• Like 2

Listen, Hitler was a billion times worse because of where he ended up going with his fascist regime....but hear me out.  The Germans getting behind his initial movement is actually a lot less embarrassing than the US electing Trump.  Trump was a bumbling idiot from the get go.  You have to be REALLY fucking dense not to see him for exactly what he is...   Early Hitler was at least coherent as opposed to this half demented morbidly obese grandpa, who spent his years prior to running, making a complete ass of himself with shit the like the birther movement. 

Seriously, as many above stated...it wasn't hard to figure out he's a complete buffoon but here we are.  Then you go to fly over country and look at who's supporting him and it's pure fucking embarrassment.  This is who we are.  I'm sorely disappointed a deep state either doesn't exist or, if it does, can't rid us of this treasonous piece of shit. 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

While I'm sober, my plan seems more coke-fueled than psychedelic. Nevertheless, give me a budget of 2-3 million dollars and I'll save this country by Valentine's Day.

Right. It's the time-tested strategy of finding a bunch of people with the capability of solving the problem and hiring them to solve it. Pretty simple, really. It's surprising that it's not employed more often. 

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Listen, Hitler was a billion times worse because of where he ended up going with his fascist regime....but hear me out.  The Germans getting behind his initial movement is actually a lot less embarrassing than the US electing Trump.  Trump was a bumbling idiot from the get go.  You have to be REALLY fucking dense not to see him for exactly what he is...   Early Hitler was at least coherent as opposed to this half demented morbidly obese grandpa, who spent his years prior to running, making a complete ass of himself with shit the like the birther movement. 

Seriously, as many above stated...it wasn't hard to figure out he's a complete buffoon but here we are.  Then you go to fly over country and look at who's supporting him and it's pure fucking embarrassment.  This is who we are.  I'm sorely disappointed a deep state either doesn't exist or, if it does, can't rid us of this treasonous piece of shit. 

True enough but why does trump have such support? It’s a legitimate question and one that can’t just be wished away as claiming they’re all a bunch of idiots. He tapped into something that was already there. 

The owners of this country have been fucking us all over for going on now 40 years now. That means you, me, the trumpkins, everybody. Everybody. Eradicating trump isn’t gonna make that go away. 

Citizens united made it infinitely worse. Really the only solution at this point in time is to only vote democrat, eliminate the republicans as a viable party, and let something else come about that is in favor of liberal ideas socialy and economically that make modern sense. Recognize that people are being left behind and actually acknowledge and deal with that. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Democrats going after his tax returns and other financial records are going to cause some epic twitter shits.

You ain't seen nuthin until they release his tax returns. He's going to howl like a hound with his ear caught in the door.

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump has no idea about the freight train that’s coming for him. 

No, but he's (and the GOP) are gonna milk this for all it's worth.  It will be the greatest collection of snowflakes the world has ever seen.  The fundraising emails ought to be glorious.  The amount of whining, petulant behavior will be astronomical.

The biggest worry is Team D overplaying their hand.  It would be so easy to do.

Yay!  Happy New Year from the President!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/29/politics/trump-executive-order-federal-workers-pay-freeze/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_content=2018-12-29T14%3A55%3A02&utm_source=twCNNp&utm_term=image

President Donald Trump issued an executive order Friday freezing federal workers' pay for 2019, following through on a proposal he announced earlier in the year.

The move, which nixes a 2.1% across-the-board pay raise that was set to take effect in January, comes as hundreds of thousands of federal employees are expecting to begin the new year furloughed or working without pay because of a partial government shutdown.

Trump told lawmakers he planned to scrap the 2019 pay bump for federal workers in August, saying the federal budget couldn't support it. In addition to the 2.1% pay increase, the executive order also cancels a yearly adjustment of paychecks based on the region of the country where workers are posted, called the "locality pay increase," that was due to take effect in January.

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Thank goodness the rich and corporate America got their tax cuts. 

Priorities and such.

49 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The biggest worry is Team D overplaying their hand.

This is why the Republicans often win and Dems get played.

The Republicans NEVER have to worry about overplaying their hand because they don’t give a fuck. See also Kavanaugh, Merrick Garland, Trump shutdown, Comey, Strozk, #release the memo.

Democrats should not worry about overplaying their hand.  They should do their job and let the chips fall where they may.

They should not back down from Republicans crying about Pelosi abusing her power.  The American people voted and threw those bums out.

It’s time to put the Republicans on the defensive permanently.

It sucks it has to be this way but the Trump regime has turned GOP politics into warfare.  

Democrats should leave their butter knives at home if they’re showing up to this gunfight.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Republicans NEVER have to worry about overplaying their hand because they don’t give a fuck. See also Kavanaugh, Merrick Garland, Trump shutdown, Comey, Strozk, #release the memo.

Democrats should not worry about overplaying their hand.  They should do their job and let the chips fall where they may.

They should not back down from Republicans crying about Pelosi abusing her power.  The American people voted and threw those bums out.

It sucks it has to be this way but the Trump regime has turned GOP politics into warfare.  

Democrats should leave their butter knives at home if they’re showing up to this gunfight.

Nancy Pelosi knows what she's doing and she has to sign off on everything.

That should terrify everyone associated with this White House.

Gee, who could have seen this happening?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/boeing-awarded-dollar400m-defense-contract-days-after-ex-exec-shanahan-tapped-for-acting-defense-secretary?ref=home

The Pentagon announced Friday that Boeing was awarded a $400 million defense contract, just days after the company’s former top executive Patrick Shanahan was tapped by President Trump to be acting Secretary of Defense. Reuters reports that the contract will cover engineering services for the B-1 and B-52 bomber. It remains unclear if Shanahan, the Deputy Defense Secretary who is poised to replace the departing James Mattis, had anything to do with the deal. NPR reports that in the past six months, the Pentagon has awarded Boeing three major contracts.

11 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Not going to get bent out of shape over this one.  I mean the B-1 and B-52 are both made by Boeing so it kind of makes sense.  Now maybe the contract should be for a lot less than $400MM but I have no idea if that’s the case. 

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

True enough but why does trump have such support? It’s a legitimate question and one that can’t just be wished away as claiming they’re all a bunch of idiots. He tapped into something that was already there. 

The owners of this country have been fucking us all over for going on now 40 years now. That means you, me, the trumpkins, everybody. Everybody. Eradicating trump isn’t gonna make that go away. 

Citizens united made it infinitely worse. Really the only solution at this point in time is to only vote democrat, eliminate the republicans as a viable party, and let something else come about that is in favor of liberal ideas socialy and economically that make modern sense. Recognize that people are being left behind and actually acknowledge and deal with that. 

He has so much support because many not so bright people are not doing well and he blames it on colored folk.  Half that 30% buy that BS.  The other half are bigots so they know he’s full of shit but lib tears = winning.  Those 2 groups which have some overlap explain the majority of his support. 

32 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not going to get bent out of shape over this one.  I mean the B-1 and B-52 are both made by Boeing so it kind of makes sense.  Now maybe the contract should be for a lot less than $400MM but I have no idea if that’s the case. 

Yeah, this is the norm despite the Administration.  Almost all the defense contracts go to one of five/six defense contractors.  

At least five of them have over $10 billion in defense contracts each and as of 2016 Boeing was #2 with $15 Billion.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

i've told you over and again where this came from.  not going to say it again.

1 minute ago, yaqdum said:

i've told you over and again where this came from.  not going to say it again.

I’m not so much concerned with where the Trump supporters came from. 

My concern is where are they going?

Imagine if Trump just vanished from existence.  Where or who would his supporters flock to?  Ted Cruz? Tom Cotton? Rand Paul? Joel Osteen? 

I honestly have no idea. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

nail, this is my good friend, hammer.  hammer, meet my old pal, nail.