Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

I'm am so sick of these phony fucks and their phony sympathy all in the name of pointing the finger at the ebil libs.
It's not that. It's really not. They're all bought. They're voicing an opinion that is not their own. They're saying what they're paid to say. It's despicable; it's abhorrent; but it's also American. We bred this shit. What we do from here will define us

5 hours ago, Mapache said:

Pilot 'Sully' Sullenberger: 'This is not the America I know and love'

Retired airline pilot Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger, who landed the famous "miracle on the Hudson," said Monday that “this is not the America I know and love” in a message encouraging voter participation ahead of the midterm elections. 

Sullenberger wrote an op-ed in The Washington Post that he “witnessed the best in people” on Jan. 15, 2009, when he led 154 people to safety by making an emergency landing on the Hudson River after a malfunction. 

"To navigate complex challenges, all leaders must take responsibility and have a moral compass grounded in competence, integrity and concern for the greater good," he wrote. 

Tragically, people in positions in power today are not projecting their best, Sullenberger wrote. 

“Many are cowardly, complicit enablers, acting against the interests of the United States, our allies and democracy; encouraging extremists at home and emboldening our adversaries abroad; and threatening the livability of our planet.” 

“Many do not respect the offices they hold; they lack — or disregard — a basic knowledge of history, science and leadership; and they act impulsively, worsening a toxic political environment,” he continued. 

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/413756-pilot-sully-sullenberger-this-is-not-the-america-i-know-and

mattdamon30rock.jpg

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Well, let's see.

He wants to eliminate the 14th Amendment.  If this flies (and with Kavanaugh/Gorsuch now on board, anything is possible) what other Amendments might he want to take a stab at?

Get ready for some good ol not activist at all textualism and originalism doing some work with "subject to the jurisdiction thereof".

• Like 1

What a horrible precedent to set.

"That stupid old constitution.  I'll just sign an Executive Order eliminating the 16th, and that will kill Obamacare forever"

Or if he loses in 2020, he will just file and executive order eliminating the 20th.  If he wins, he can just eliminate the 22nd.  After all, he's a fan of what the Chinese have done:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-trump-china/trump-praises-chinese-president-extending-tenure-for-life-idUSKCN1GG015

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida aired by CNN. “And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

I don’t recall Obama invalidating a Constitutional amendment via EO. 

This will get challenged to hell. John Roberts will not let his legacy be declaring POTUS can invalidate parts of the constitution he/she doesn’t like.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don’t recall Obama invalidating a Constitutional amendment via EO. 

This will get challenged to hell. John Roberts will not let his legacy be declaring POTUS can invalidate parts of the constitution he/she doesn’t like.  

Why not? It was Roberts who invalidated preclearance with the full knowledge of what the GOP would do after. Letting the GOP pick who gets to be a full citizen is his bag.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Well, let's see.

He wants to eliminate the 14th Amendment.  If this flies (and with Kavanaugh/Gorsuch now on board, anything is possible) what other Amendments might he want to take a stab at?

SCOTUS will knock that EO down 9-0 if it even gets that far. Even Kavanaugh won't figure out a way to call it constitutional.

The Trump admin probably doesn't even expect it to survive scrutiny. Its red meat for the base and gives Fox News a chance to demonize and spew hatred at whatever brown kid happens to be the first to challenge the order.  I'm sure they will also deport the kid's mother as soon as the complaint is filed. 

• Like 2

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

SCOTUS will knock that EO down 9-0 if it even gets that far. Even Kavanaugh won't figure out a way to call it constitutional.

The Trump admin probably doesn't even expect it to survive scrutiny. Its red meat for the base and gives Fox News a chance to demonize and spew hatred at whatever brown kid happens to be the first to challenge the order.  I'm sure they will also deport the kid's mother as soon as the complaint is filed. 

It’s such a slippery slope. Then what, they start retroactively stripping citizenship if your folks were illegal? It’s a literal nightmare. It won’t hold up at all. 

I don’t care what Roberts did to the VRA, it’s not in the constitution. This Is different. 

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Trump actually may not care if the courts nullify his EO.  Hell, he may never issue it.  This was purely a political statement to get the bomber, PItt shooter and his previous words, out of the news.  Not to mention that just saying this EO statement might win the gop a few close congressional districts.

EVERYTHING he says or does this week is about next Tuesday. 

The news media should ignore this statement and talk about the same issues as yesterday.  Narrator: they won’t.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It’s such a slippery slope. Then what, they start retroactively stripping citizenship if your folks were illegal? It’s a literal nightmare. It won’t hold up at all. 

I don’t care what Roberts did to the VRA, it’s not in the constitution. This Is different. 

I think Trump wants to exclude children of legal immigrants as well. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Come on guys, this citizenship trial balloon is just more gaslighting. 

Focus on what is really important.

There are many people that want to end citizenship for so-called anchor babies.  And I think those people have legitimate concerns.  However they’ve long given up on that dream because of the Constitution.  Then trump comes along saying the Constitution doesn’t guarantee anchor baby rights.   Some people will be sprinting to the polls today.  Good political move by trump.

i wouldn’t be shocked if trump has a few more planned.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump actually may not care if the courts nullify his EO.  Hell, he may never issue it.  This was purely a political statement to get the bomber, PItt shooter and his previous words, out of the news.  Not to mention that just saying this EO statement might win the gop a few close congressional districts.

EVERYTHING he says or does this week is about next Tuesday. 

The news media should ignore this statement and talk about the same issues as yesterday.  Narrator: they won’t.

I agree its a shell game move, but I don't think it offers any different value than the other news. It attracts entirely the same element that shot up the synagogue and wants to shoot up the caravan. Anyone who supports this EO was already a sure GOP voter. 

• Like 1

There are many people that want to end citizenship for so-called anchor babies.  And I think those people have legitimate concerns.  However they’ve long given up on that dream because of the Constitution.  Then trump comes along saying the Constitution doesn’t guarantee anchor baby rights.   Some people will be sprinting to the polls today.  Good political move by trump.

i wouldn’t be shocked if trump has a few more planned.

Those people always vote. None of them were ever on the sidelines. This election is about getting young people and other groups that usually dont vote to the polls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

I agree its a shell game move, but I don't think it offers any different value than the other news. It attracts entirely the same element that shot up the synagogue and wants to shoot up the caravan. Anyone who supports this EO was already a sure GOP voter. 

But it doesn’t mean that voter was definitely voting.  Or they weren’t pushing other family members to vote.  The people posting here care about elections.  Most Americans are casual voters.  Last minute hot button issues can move people to vote.  The violence over the past week has hurt trump.  He is changing the narrative.

guarantee Fox News will practically ignore PItt today except to show trumps compassion.  Instead they will focus on how trump is saving us from anchor babies and terrorist caravans.

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Those people always vote. None of them were ever on the sidelines. This election is about getting young people and other groups that usually dont vote to the polls.

This is a good way to scare young first generation Americans to the polls 

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

While there is truth to this, Trump is going to be throwing out all kinds of crazy shit this week and none of it should be taken seriously. 

He is legitimately threatened now and he will be turning up the heat everyday until and including Election Day.

I personally think his efforts may backfire resulting in a bigger GOP slaughter at the polls but I just can’t tell anymore with this country.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

But it doesn’t mean that voter was definitely voting.  Or they weren’t pushing other family members to vote.  The people posting here care about elections.  Most Americans are casual voters.  Last minute hot button issues can move people to vote.  The violence over the past week has hurt trump.  He is changing the narrative.

guarantee Fox News will practically ignore PItt today except to show trumps compassion.  Instead they will focus on how trump is saving us from anchor babies and terrorist caravans.

You think Fox News viewers are casual voters?  They arent. They always vote. Fox was always going to lie and obfuscate. 

Regardless, talk about the violence isnt gonna go away elsewhere. It was always going to be gone on Fox News. 

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I think it’s too simple to say “they always vote.”  There are always some people that sometimes or rarely vote.  The whole GOTV effort are about these casual voters.   They exist on both sides and especially in the middle.    

Some people loathe brown immigrants.   Look at the narrative over the last few days:  they caravan has terrorists, they have leprosy, they have smallpox (???), we need the military to stop the invaders, and now we won’t let them give birth to stay in the country.   Some casual voters will now most certainty vote gop when they would have stayed home next week.

its tough for the left to not take the bait.  They should refuse to engage the 14th amendment discussion.  It’s an issue for them.  And most likely the courts will back them up but long after he election.

I think it’s too simple to say “they always vote.”  There are always some people that sometimes or rarely vote.  The whole GOTV effort are about these casual voters.   They exist on both sides and especially in the middle.    

Some people loathe brown immigrants.   Look at the narrative over the last few days:  they caravan has terrorists, they have leprosy, they have smallpox (???), we need the military to stop the invaders, and now we won’t let them give birth to stay in the country.   Some casual voters will now most certainty vote gop when they would have stayed home next week.

its tough for the left to not take the bait.  They should refuse to engage the 14th amendment discussion.  It’s an issue for them.  And most likely the courts will back them up but long after he election.

Let’s be real.

The cake is already baked for the midterms.

We are watching the flailings of a desperate man now hoping to complete a Hail Mary. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Democrats should pretty much just say it's unconstitutional and would be overturned and go back to talking about health care for the next 7 days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Let’s be real.

The cake is already baked for the midterms.

We are watching the flailings of a desperate man now hoping to complete a Hail Mary. 

I think the midterm is probable a done deal but not guaranteed.   A big or made-up issue can flip a certain number of close house races.  The senate was never going to flip blue this year.  The Dem goal was more about not losing any or 1 senate seat.  

I give trump credit about this move.  Last week in Houston, he floated the idea of a middle class tax cut BEFORE the election and he was laughed at by even the conservative media.   On to the next emotional issue:  the invaders coming up from Central America. And they probably are sick,  and include terrorists. 

Lets forgot about the home grown terrorists inspired by the right.