Vacationing in times of Covid

LABEVO

13 hours ago, next2naus said:

I am, but so are people who are traveling for non essential activities. 

So, to be clear...you have not done one single non-essential thing since mid March?

Although I agree with you that non-essential travel is obviously going to be on the higher side of the risk scale, who put you in charge of where the threshold is for where we all need to draw the line? You have your opinion of where that line should be and others have theirs.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, After irth said:

Wow. You are such a fucking asshole. 

says the guy with the middle finger avatar. You feel bad, I've been there. I'm not mocking your loss. I'm suggesting that traveling by airplane is an unnecessary risk that you and many other people seem comfortable taking. it's known method of the virus being spread and continuing to spread. You may not get sick, but you might cause someone else to get sick. 

• Fuck You 1

56 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

So, to be clear...you have not done one single non-essential thing since mid March?

Although I agree with you that non-essential travel is obviously going to be on the higher side of the risk scale, who put you in charge of where the threshold is for where we all need to draw the line? You have your opinion of where that line should be and others have theirs.

No travel. No dining out, no group gatherings, no bars, no going shopping for non essentials. We keep our bubble small and while it sucks, it's the right thing to do. 

You have your opinion of where that line should be and others have theirs.

yes, and you don't have to like, better yet...you could ignore it. 

12 minutes ago, next2naus said:

No travel. No dining out, no group gatherings, no bars, no going shopping for non essentials. We keep our bubble small and while it sucks, it's the right thing to do.

I didn't ask you to list some of the things you were doing to help mitigate the risk.  That's all great stuff, but my question was, have you not done one non-essential thing since March?  I'm betting you have.  So what makes your non-essential thing(s) acceptable and others' not acceptable?

yes, and you don't have to like, better yet...you could ignore it. 

So, you post your opinion on a discussion board, but expect anyone who disagrees with you not to want to discuss it and should just ignore it?  Got it.

Edited by Landomatic

I’m too also curious to hear next2naus lie about how he has not done anything non-essential since March.

Human beings are imperfect and even if you wanted and desired to be perfect in your quarantine, you aren’t a monk. You had to have gone to Chipotle once or saw your nephew at a public park, or gone Christmas shopping at a store, or had dinner with a friend or something.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

It looks like travel destinations are already working to meet the new inbound testing requirement.   Belize airport will have quick tests available as well as tests in San Pedro. 

10 hours ago, justhookit said:

Don’t worry if I get Covid on the plane

You are more likely to get covid at home depot than on a plane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

It’s actually probably true because of the air filtration on the plane. You probably have the best chance of catching it in the airport though. 

Again, all just conjecture on all of our parts with a slant toward whatever argument it is you're trying to make.  Planes have better air filtration.  You also have 150+ people confined in a small space.  Home depot is a lot larger space with far fewer people.  Two sides of the same coin...or some such shit.

2 hours ago, midtown said:

It looks like travel destinations are already working to meet the new inbound testing requirement.   Belize airport will have quick tests available as well as tests in San Pedro. 

You are more likely to get covid at home depot than on a plane.

I had a feeling they would start doing that, but good to see confirmation.  We rescheduled our Belize trip to June.

FWIW, the TMA made a chart back in the summer that listed travel by plane as moderate-high risk. It's level 7 on a scale of 1-9, along with activities like getting your hair cut or eating indoors at a restaurant. This is based on TMA physicians expert opinion.

COVID-19_Risk_Chart_Final.jpg

They then released an updated holiday version of activities by risk level, which had travel by plane as level 5 on a scale of 1-10, which falls under moderate risk. It seems like they have downgraded the risk of plane travel, but the holiday chart also lists a lot of holiday themed activities, which I'm not sure how many people are doing those anyways.

309640-Winter-Risk-Assessment-Chart.jpg

Furthermore, JAMA published this information in October that says "the risk of contracting COVID-19 during air travel is low".

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2771435

m_jpg200054fa_1604343645.38069.png?Expir

Obviously, travel increases risk of contracting or transmitting COVID because you are inevitably exposed to other people. At the same time, there many activities that are higher risk, some of which people are doing routinely without a second thought. Perhaps shopping in a grocery store, sending your kids to school, or visiting family during the holidays are all equal or higher risk.

Everyone's threshold for the level of risk they are willing to accept is different. I personally feel that travel can be done in a relatively safe manner if you plan carefully and take steps to mitigate your risk. The airports are half empty and the planes are clean with everyone wearing masks.

If someone wants to shame me and others for feeling that way, I can sort of understand that position but I would also be curious what activities that person had been engaged in during the past 10 months. I would suspect that 80% of people are in some way engaging in activities with equal or higher risk at times.

Edited by wild_turkey
  • Like 1

My anecdotal piece. I've flown 40 something times since last March for work and vacation. I have taken multiple covid tests for work and I have yet to have a positive result.

Traveling is pretty simple. Airports are big and mostly empty. Stay away from people and don't be a gate lice. Wear a mask as much as possible during transit. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, midtown said:

Realize that the only reason "travel by plane to visit family or friends" is a level 5 is because of the the last 5 words. 

I'd tend to agree, but their risk assessment of the exact same travel intent, but by car instead of plane, is listed at a 3.

I have made the decision not to travel until 2022 unless absolutely necessary.  So I will be sticking to NYC and enjoying my time here.  Course, part of my decision is that I am not going to get a vaccine until Summer at the earliest (Cuomo has fucked up the rollout here in NY, but that is a whole different conversation).  

3 hours ago, midtown said:

Realize that the only reason "travel by plane to visit family or friends" is a level 5 is because of the the last 5 words. 

Dude you just keep stating your opinion as fact over and over. I guess you’re hoping it makes you sound intelligent and informed? It does exactly the opposite. Keep fuckin those chickens though

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

It’s the travel board. Lots of people travel, even during COVID, and manage to do so in a reasonably safe way.

My GF and I did 2 weeks in Sint Maarten over Christmas and New Years.

Negative test to get there.  Probably the safest place to be because you can't get there if you have the Rona.  And neither can anyone else...

33 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

My GF and I did 2 weeks in Sint Maarten over Christmas and New Years.

Negative test to get there.  Probably the safest place to be because you can't get there if you have the Rona.  And neither can anyone else...

Except by boat. Friends of mine just got back from St Barths and some of the crew from one of the mega yachts had it and brought it onto the island and gave it to some staff at Nikki Beach. They had to shut it down for 10 days.

2 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Except by boat. Friends of mine just got back from St Barths and some of the crew from one of the mega yachts had it and brought it onto the island and gave it to some staff at Nikki Beach. They had to shut it down for 10 days.

Official rule from SXM is NOBODY from boats gets off.  They can quarantine though.  Looks like someone broke the rules...

BTW it was weird seeing 4 cruise ships in Phillipsburg and the whole place was a ghost town.  Because those ships had no passengers.

As someone who has been to St. Barth twice during COVID, I would agree that it feels very safe due to the entry requirements but it is certainly not a COVID-free zone and you still have to follow basic precautions and use good judgement once you are there. That should be true of anywhere though.

• Like 1

My daughter(s) have flown a couple times.  They went to Colorado (against my wishes) but on planes they wear N95 masks with cloth masks over those, as they were using the ported masks that need the additional mask to protect others from your vent port. They also wore face shields.

Bottom line is any movement provides some risk. To assume or think otherwise is just foolish.  The smaller your circle and the fewer contacts you make with other humans, door handles, etc the better off you are.  In other words the more self contained you are the better.  For me the biggest concern would be if somebody I loved got really sick far from home.  That would be horrific.

You want to talk about high travel risk?  Go inside any Buc-ees or large roadside gas station from Texas to Florida, and THAT will be one of the riskiest fucking things you do during the time of corona virus.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

Official rule from SXM is NOBODY from boats gets off.  They can quarantine though.  Looks like someone broke the rules...

BTW it was weird seeing 4 cruise ships in Phillipsburg and the whole place was a ghost town.  Because those ships had no passengers.

Not sure how they could really police that.  But, yeah the exact specifics of the situation as my friends described it on St Barth is that some of the staff from Nikki Beach went to an after hours party on a yacht with the crew on New Years Eve.  And a few days later, some of the staff tested positive so they had to shut the whole thing down.  Not sure what the "rules" are there, but it did sound like there may have been some sneaking around/rule breaking going on.

23 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I’m too also curious to hear next2naus lie about how he has not done anything non-essential since March.

Human beings are imperfect and even if you wanted and desired to be perfect in your quarantine, you aren’t a monk. You had to have gone to Chipotle once or saw your nephew at a public park, or gone Christmas shopping at a store, or had dinner with a friend or something.

dude, I'll play for you.

Groceries: I wear a mask and sometimes gloves, take wipes or purel with me. we get deliveries as well.

Deliveries: be it AMZ, GrubHub, UPS, FedEx, whatever..it all lands on a special table I built for the front porch.

"Chipotle": we do not eat there, but it we did order some sort of Quick Serve it would be delivered (see above) or drive thru (Kids like Mickey D's nuggets)

Restaurants: take out or delivery. 

Kids play dates: during the summer and fall when it was warm and the infection rate was very low...one kid at a time on the backyard, kid comes from their class where they are two of eight students. Parent must wear mask

Family: I have not seen (in person) my family in Texas since last Christmas. My inlaws are local and we only see them in house or backyard. typically at my SIL's we would do dinner on the back porch. it's fucking hard, Christmas this year got fucked up because my nephew tested positive, no one else in his family or our family did. neither did the nephews school group. we still had to punt everything for a few days. His birthday "drive by" this week, we would hung out and stayed but a kids nanny in my kids class read her test results wrong and as such we isolated. false alarms suck. 

Our Friends: when the infection rate was super low here in July...a few outdoor meet ups with less than six other people, socially distant. we went to an outdoor party and went early,once more people arrived..we left. It's not that hard of you care about others. 

what do I do for fun: play poker over Zoom/PokerStars with my buddies, some virtual happy hours (but with two toddlers a hangover sucks), work on my Bronco or something around the house.

all I do is wear masks, buy new masks and wash hands. It's about keeping my kids healthy (toddlers have each had two covid tests, how much fun is that!), it's about keeping my wife healthy as she is the primary caregiver and I am the bread winner, neither adult can effectively do both roles. it's about limited the risk to my MIL/FIL who are in the late 60's and early 70's.

All this shot about the Airplane and how it circulates air....who cares. it's an enclosed tube of strangers, thats an exponential risk, Airports are dirty and filled with more strangers, more exponential risk. Monorail, Rental car, Ride service, Hotel. 

take a year off. wait for 70-80% vaccination. 

• Fuck You 3

10 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

As someone who has been to St. Barth twice during COVID, I would agree that it feels very safe due to the entry requirements but it is certainly not a COVID-free zone and you still have to follow basic precautions and use good judgement once you are there. That should be true of anywhere though.

Looking at a spring break trip there.  Going to fly into San Juan and do the Tradewinds flight to SBH. The four of us have already had Covid (got it New Years). Is proof of already having it and recovering enough to get back home?

2 hours ago, next2naus said:

dude, I'll play for you.

Groceries: I wear a mask and sometimes gloves, take wipes or purel with me. we get deliveries as well.

Deliveries: be it AMZ, GrubHub, UPS, FedEx, whatever..it all lands on a special table I built for the front porch.

"Chipotle": we do not eat there, but it we did order some sort of Quick Serve it would be delivered (see above) or drive thru (Kids like Mickey D's nuggets)

Kids play dates: during the summer and fall when it was warm and the infection rate was very low...one kid at a time on the backyard, kid comes from their class where they are two of eight students. Parent must wear mask

Family: I have not seen (in person) my family in Texas since last Christmas. My inlaws are local and we only see them in house or backyard. typically at my SIL's we would do dinner on the back porch. it's fucking hard, Christmas this year got fucked up because my nephew tested positive, no one else in his family or our family did. neither did the nephews school group. we still had to punt everything for a few days. His birthday "drive by" this week, we would hung out and stayed but a kids nanny in my kids class read her test results wrong and as such we isolated. false alarms suck. 

Our Friends: when the infection rate was super low here in July...a few outdoor meet ups with less than six other people, socially distant. we went to an outdoor party and went early,once more people arrived..we left. It's not that hard of you care about others. 

what do I do for fun: play poker over Zoom/PokerStars with my buddies, some virtual happy hours (but with two toddlers a hangover sucks), work on my Bronco or something around the house.

all I do is wear masks, buy new masks and wash hands. It's about keeping my kids healthy (toddlers have each had two covid tests, how much fun is that!), it's about keeping my wife healthy as she is the primary caregiver and I am the bread winner, neither adult can effectively do both roles. it's about limited the risk to my MIL/FIL who are in the late 60's and early 70's.

All this shot about the Airplane and how it circulates air....who cares. it's an enclosed tube of strangers, thats an exponential risk, Airports are dirty and filled with more strangers, more exponential risk. Monorail, Rental car, Ride service, Hotel. 

Why do you go to grocery stores? Seems like an unnecessary risk when you could simply use online shopping.

Why do you let your kids have play dates? Unnecessary risk IMO.

Wait, the kids go to school to? In person? Are you insane? There’s a pandemic going on.

You had a holiday dinner with your in-laws? One of those people had a positive test and you simply “punted for a few days”. Unnecessary risk. The CDC clearly told people to spend holidays with their immediate household only.

Have you or your wife had your hair cut? Been to the doctor or dentist? Ever been into Target or Lowe’s or Home Depot? How do you get parts for your Bronco, online or in person?

In case you haven’t noticed, COVID is going on and it’s really not a good idea to ever leave your home or have face-to-face contact with anyone you don’t live with. Your holiday dinner could’ve been a superspreader event and you could’ve easily taken a year off and wait until next year or 70-80% vaccination.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Why do you go to grocery stores? Seems like an unnecessary risk when you could simply use online shopping.

Why do you let your kids have play dates? Unnecessary risk IMO. 

I agree however some items require being there, not getting a Brisket from Instacart

Wait, the kids go to school to? In person? Are you insane? There’s a pandemic going on.

they are toddlers and a play date, done safely outside with a kid from their calls helps their development and social skills. I don't want my offspring to grow up like some of you 😉

You had a holiday dinner with your in-laws? One of those people had a positive test and you simply “punted for a few days”. Unnecessary risk. The CDC clearly told people to spend holidays with their immediate household only.

no, we canceled the dinner because of the test and "punted" Christmas day present opening untill everyone was tested and clear and the nephew was tested and clear per the CDC guidelines. 

Have you or your wife had your hair cut? Been to the doctor or dentist? Ever been into Target or Lowe’s or Home Depot? How do you get parts for your Bronco, online or in person? 

now you are just fishing, My wife has been cutting my hair and when it was safe(er) we had a person come to the house and cut her hair outside. a Doctor's visit would be essential, and yes...I have been to a doctor twice for each kid for Covid Tests. "Ever been into Target or Lowe’s or Home Depot?" no, I order that crap online. Bronco parts? Wildhorses4x4.com, dufftuff.com and tomsbroncoparts.com all know me and ship to me although the shipping is expensive af.

In case you haven’t noticed, COVID is going on and it’s really not a good idea to ever leave your home or have face-to-face contact with anyone you don’t live with. Your holiday dinner could’ve been a superspreader event and you could’ve easily taken a year off and wait until next year or 70-80% vaccination.

I like that you are trying.

11 minutes ago, next2naus said:

I like that you are trying.

You kinda brought it upon yourself with your sanctimony. In all honesty, I applaud your measures and I think you are in the top 1% of people I know/are aware of and I truly think if half the folks were as diligent as you, we'd be kicking this things butt.

That said, everyone has taken some non-essential risks; I got a root canal a few months ago, for example, and I get a haircut every 6 weeks.

Could those have waited? Sure.

Does it make me a monster? No.

Is it worth your negative judgment? I don't think so (especially considering you've done some non-essential things in the time of the pandemic, whether your caveat it with "during the off-season of the virus" or not).

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

You kinda brought it upon yourself with your sanctimony. In all honesty, I applaud your measures and I think you are in the top 1% of people I know/are aware of and I truly think if half the folks were as diligent as you, we'd be kicking this things butt.

That said, everyone has taken some non-essential risks; I got a root canal a few months ago, for example, and I get a haircut every 6 weeks.

Could those have waited? Sure.

Does it make me a monster? No.

Is it worth your negative judgment? I don't think so (especially considering you've done some non-essential things in the time of the pandemic, whether your caveat it with "during the off-season of the virus" or not).

when the infection rate and hospitalization rates are low, do things within reason. when they are not...do you job to help make them low. Maybe it's being in NY that makes us see the risks differently. 

Just now, next2naus said:

when the infection rate and hospitalization rates are low, do things within reason. when they are not...do you job to help make them low. Maybe it's being in NY that makes us see the risks differently. 

Also, a variable is how much do you trust in the data we are presented with? That's a sliding scale for most Americans from "Blind-trust-accept-as gospel all the way to Lies and Complete Distrust".

5 hours ago, horn4life said:

You want to talk about high travel risk?  Go inside any Buc-ees or large roadside gas station from Texas to Florida, and THAT will be one of the riskiest fucking things you do during the time of corona virus.  

This is a true statement. They opened a new Buc-ees in Warner Robins, GA around Thanksgiving. I have passed it 4 times going back and forth to FL since then and it has been an epic clusterfuck each time. There is no way some things aren’t getting spread there based on the number of vehicles in the parking lot.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, next2naus said:

dude, I'll play for you.

To pile onto @wild_turkey drive through seems very unnecessarily risky to me.  That window is like a revolving fucking door of random strangers all within arms length of the person working at the window.  You don't know who/if/how masks are being worn.

Parties and groups of up to 8?  Again, far from essential.

I agree however some items require being there, not getting a Brisket from Instacart

Bullshit.  Having brisket is not essential.  Take a year off.

when the infection rate and hospitalization rates are low, do things within reason. when they are not...do you job to help make them low.

Again, why do you think your ideals on this are right and others' are wrong?  The whole point here is you judging others, not about what you are and aren't doing to mitigate the spread.

And by the way, for context, this is coming from someone who hasn't stepped foot inside a single store, retail or grocery, since March 12.  I've got you beat on a whole bunch of other shit too, but again, not here to judge.

Edited by Landomatic
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Here’s a COVID trend for your state:

3dbd39975cd409a4ea7151bf11d181fd.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what day did you have your family holiday party and how were the infection rates that day?

I honestly don’t care what you do and it actually sounds like you’ve been doing a fair job limiting COVID spread, but you did ride into this thread on your moral high horse to admonish other people for travel when your own actions close to home are clearly imperfect by your own admission. You just seem to pick and choose which activities are acceptable to you and which activities you deem irresponsible.

We are all making countless sacrifices to get through this pandemic. Maybe you don’t agree with travel of any kind but there also is a good chance that some people who travel would not agree with everything you do.

Travel can be done in a reasonably safe manner and if anyone is completely opposed to that, then I would expect that same person to be shaming everyone who shops for groceries in person, gets a haircut, lets their kids have play dates, or hosts holiday dinners with people outside their immediate family.
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 1/19/2021 at 8:52 AM, next2naus said:

says the guy with the middle finger avatar. You feel bad, I've been there. I'm not mocking your loss. I'm suggesting that traveling by airplane is an unnecessary risk that you and many other people seem comfortable taking. it's known method of the virus being spread and continuing to spread. You may not get sick, but you might cause someone else to get sick. 

So...we BOTH have medical degrees, huh?

20 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Here’s a COVID trend for your state:

3dbd39975cd409a4ea7151bf11d181fd.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what day did you have your family holiday party and how were the infection rates that day?

I honestly don’t care what you do and it actually sounds like you’ve been doing a fair job limiting COVID spread, but you did ride into this thread on your moral high horse to admonish other people for travel when your own actions close to home are clearly imperfect by your own admission. You just seem to pick and choose which activities are acceptable to you and which activities you deem irresponsible.

We are all making countless sacrifices to get through this pandemic. Maybe you don’t agree with travel of any kind but there also is a good chance that some people who travel would not agree with everything you do.

Travel can be done in a reasonably safe manner and if anyone is completely opposed to that, then I would expect that same person to be shaming everyone who shops for groceries in person, gets a haircut, lets their kids have play dates, or hosts holiday dinners with people outside their immediate family.

I'm "shaming" someone for wanting to travel internationally. How did the new mutations of Covid get here? wasn't from a Buc-ees. Yes the local NY rate is gotten out of hand and we (family) have damn near been on lock down b/c of it. I think that NY is suffering from serious fatigue, then again from this data is appears that Texas has no fatigue because it's never tried to flatten the curve.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83

end of the day none of really give two fucks about another's opinion and neither of us are changing our minds or leaving their high ground. I think people nationwide are not taking this seriously enough. 

There's a new executive order for travel, including international travel:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/01/21/executive-order-promoting-covid-19-safety-in-domestic-and-international-travel/

The interesting part is section (a), part (ii) - following any CDC guideslines to quarantine after entry into the U.S.  

Sec. 5.  International Travel. 

(a)  Policy.  It is the policy of my Administration that, to the extent feasible, travelers seeking to enter the United States from a foreign country shall be: 

(i)   required to produce proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test prior to entry; and 

(ii)  required to comply with other applicable CDC guidelines concerning international travel, including recommended periods of self-quarantine or self-isolation after entry into the United States.

(b)  Air Travel.  

(i)    The Secretary of HHS, including through the Director of CDC, and in coordination with the Secretary of Transportation (including through the Administrator of the FAA) and the Secretary of Homeland Security (including through the Administrator of the TSA), shall, within 14 days of the date of this order, assess the CDC order of January 12, 2021, regarding the requirement of a negative COVID-19 test result for airline passengers traveling into the United States, in light of subsection (a) of this section.  Based on such assessment, the Secretary of HHS and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall take any further appropriate regulatory action, to the extent feasible and consistent with CDC guidelines and applicable law.  Such assessment and regulatory action shall include consideration of: 

(A)  the timing and types of COVID-19 tests that should satisfy the negative test requirement, including consideration of additional testing immediately prior to departure;
(B)  the proof of test results that travelers should be required to provide;
(C)  the feasibility of implementing alternative and sufficiently protective public health measures, such as testing, self-quarantine, and self-isolation on arrival, for travelers entering the United States from countries where COVID-19 tests are inaccessible, particularly where such inaccessibility of tests would affect the ability of United States citizens and lawful permanent residents to return to the United States; and
(D)  measures to prevent fraud.

(ii)   The Secretary of HHS, in coordination with the Secretary of Transportation (including through the Administrator of the FAA) and the Secretary of Homeland Security (including through the Administrator of the TSA), shall promptly provide to the President, through the COVID-19 Response Coordinator, a plan for how the Secretary and other Federal Government actors could implement the policy stated in subsection (a) of this section with respect to CDC-recommended periods of self-quarantine or self-isolation after a flight to the United States from a foreign country, as he deems appropriate and consistent with applicable law.  The plan shall identify agencies’ tools and mechanisms to assist travelers in complying with such policy.

So briskets are essential? Jesus, dude....Your definition of what is essential and what isn't - as well as behaviors that are risky vs. behaviors that aren't - seem entirely arbitrary, and specifically/conveniently align with your own personal interests and convenience thresholds. 

On 1/21/2021 at 5:03 PM, zman13 said:

There's a new executive order for travel, including international travel:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/01/21/executive-order-promoting-covid-19-safety-in-domestic-and-international-travel/

The interesting part is section (a), part (ii) - following any CDC guideslines to quarantine after entry into the U.S.  

Sec. 5.  International Travel. 

(a)  Policy.  It is the policy of my Administration that, to the extent feasible, travelers seeking to enter the United States from a foreign country shall be: 

(i)   required to produce proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test prior to entry; and 

(ii)  required to comply with other applicable CDC guidelines concerning international travel, including recommended periods of self-quarantine or self-isolation after entry into the United States.

(b)  Air Travel.  

(i)    The Secretary of HHS, including through the Director of CDC, and in coordination with the Secretary of Transportation (including through the Administrator of the FAA) and the Secretary of Homeland Security (including through the Administrator of the TSA), shall, within 14 days of the date of this order, assess the CDC order of January 12, 2021, regarding the requirement of a negative COVID-19 test result for airline passengers traveling into the United States, in light of subsection (a) of this section.  Based on such assessment, the Secretary of HHS and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall take any further appropriate regulatory action, to the extent feasible and consistent with CDC guidelines and applicable law.  Such assessment and regulatory action shall include consideration of: 

(A)  the timing and types of COVID-19 tests that should satisfy the negative test requirement, including consideration of additional testing immediately prior to departure;
(B)  the proof of test results that travelers should be required to provide;
(C)  the feasibility of implementing alternative and sufficiently protective public health measures, such as testing, self-quarantine, and self-isolation on arrival, for travelers entering the United States from countries where COVID-19 tests are inaccessible, particularly where such inaccessibility of tests would affect the ability of United States citizens and lawful permanent residents to return to the United States; and
(D)  measures to prevent fraud.

(ii)   The Secretary of HHS, in coordination with the Secretary of Transportation (including through the Administrator of the FAA) and the Secretary of Homeland Security (including through the Administrator of the TSA), shall promptly provide to the President, through the COVID-19 Response Coordinator, a plan for how the Secretary and other Federal Government actors could implement the policy stated in subsection (a) of this section with respect to CDC-recommended periods of self-quarantine or self-isolation after a flight to the United States from a foreign country, as he deems appropriate and consistent with applicable law.  The plan shall identify agencies’ tools and mechanisms to assist travelers in complying with such policy.

I wonder what the constitutionality is with denying a legal US citizen entry into the US.  Yeah yeah.  I get the COVID and all that, but still.  A US is not allowed into their own country????  BTW, I'm not trying to Cloak Room this.  It just seems like a bad precedent.

You may be one of the most obtuse people on this site.  And that’s really saying something.
Ive known him personally for 20 years.. I can confirm he's an absolute dick but a fun guy and would give you the shirt off his back.. He's just an old Cranky fuck now
  • Haha 1

I wonder what the constitutionality is with denying a legal US citizen entry into the US.  Yeah yeah.  I get the COVID and all that, but still.  A US is not allowed into their own country????  BTW, I'm not trying to Cloak Room this.  It just seems like a bad precedent.
As I questioned before. What are you doing to do with a US citizen? Where are you going send them when you deny their entry? Back to where they came from? What if that country won't let them in?
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, midtown said:
44 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

As I questioned before. What are you doing to do with a US citizen? Where are you going send them when you deny their entry? Back to where they came from? What if that country won't let them in?

The-Terminal-movie-poster.jpg

• Haha 2

On 1/18/2021 at 8:25 PM, justhookit said:

Yup business travel is clearly safer than recreational. I’ve put off traveling for almost a year now, but I’m likely headed to Costa Rica in about 2 weeks. Don’t worry if I get Covid on the plane I will be staying there a few months, so won’t bring it back.

Tight lines, amigo.  My buddy just left to fish Cabo for a few days on another buddy's Cabo 40 that he has down there.

• Hook 'Em 1