AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18

atomheartbevo

8 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Leander ISD still a shit show crossed 300 cases last night, up to 333 as of this morning

image.png.74730b5b2fb3a2f3a7c4c6c0e0d82f4e.png

Averaging almost 50 new cases/day over the last 7 days

image.png.8f0ac2c34192e1ddbf91f71af535f2c4.png

Leander ISD has 42K students and 2700 teachers.

584 total cases this year so far.

image.png.e073a392f9762d6419eda5207cff1acb.png

Daughter has a confirmed positive in her Algebra class. Daughter has had 1st vaccine dose and wears a mask everywhere and sits on the other side of the room from the other girl, so I'm not super worried. I'll get some at home tests today and test her over the weekend. Last time she was in the same room with her was Tuesday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pescado_Rojo said:

Daughter has a confirmed positive in her Algebra class. Daughter has had 1st vaccine dose and wears a mask everywhere and sits on the other side of the room from the other girl, so I'm not super worried. I'll get some at home tests today and test her over the weekend. Last time she was in the same room with her was Tuesday. 

I don't know how schools stay open if next week is like this week.  Fuck

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Yeah, my son was considered close contact exposure, and is too young for the vaccine.  He tested negative and is symptom free.  He masks up religiously which makes him a good human being in my book

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Yeah, my son was considered close contact exposure, and is too young for the vaccine.  He tested negative and is symptom free.  He masks up religiously which makes him a good human being in my book

I can't imagine being a football, volleyball, or band parent right now. 

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Because those are the main "in season" sports right now with large quantities of kids together in close spaces all the time. 

I guess I should also add cheer to the list. My daughter's best friend is a cheerleader (freshman, no pics) and caught covid from cheer camp before school even started. 

56 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Circling back on this for my fellow AHS parents... 

KXAN named him this morning.  He appears to be a former student, class of 2020.  Former WR on the football field if HUDL is correct.  (also needed to work on his bench if HUDL is correct).

https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/armed-man-detained-near-austin-high-school-police-say/

Now I'm more concerned about it than I was yesterday.  I was hoping it was some random guy who happened to be carrying and forgot he was walking across a HS campus or something.  A former student with 2 guns, out there in the morning before school is a little scarier.  If anybody knows more about this I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen him named as of yet. Just a crazy thing on top of all the Covid crap. If he is indeed a former student that 100% makes me more nervous. Fucking A

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

ACC just told faculty to prepare their students to be ready to go 100% virtual on short notice within the next week.

I'm taking an online class there, and the prof mentioned something along those lines for those in the class who were also taking in-person classes.

Just got this text from LISD:

Leander ISD: Beginning Monday, Aug. 30, indoor extracurricular events in Leander ISD will be limited to 50% capacity. This will remain in effect while LISD is in the "red stage." Masks are required at indoor LISD events.

I'll be shocked if they enforce masks, the last volleyball game I was at had very few mask wearers and masks were required then.

• Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, mdmost said:

DISD has 889 in 2 weeks of school, 3 weeks of staff returning. 508 students, 292 campus staff, 89 Central office staff. I'd like to think that without masks, those numbers would all be significantly higher. 

DISD ends at 981 positive cases after 2 weeks of school. 576 students, 314 campus staff, 91 Central Office staff.

My kids schools, K-8 and 6-8 have 5 and 2 cases respectively so far. 

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

DISD ends at 981 positive cases after 2 weeks of school. 576 students, 314 campus staff, 91 Central Office staff.

My kids schools, K-8 and 6-8 have 5 and 2 cases respectively so far. 

How many in the district?

Dripping Springs ISD ends week 2 with 40/7,836 student cases and 22/1075 faculty cases. Very few masks being worn by kids.  Less than I figured…

5 minutes ago, fluff said:

How many in the district?

Dripping Springs ISD ends week 2 with 40/7,836 student cases and 22/1075 faculty cases. Very few masks being worn by kids.  Less than I figured…

I posted this earlier and I'm not sure what year the information is from but this was on DISD's website:

Dallas ISD employs 22,222 staff members to serve a diverse population of 153,861 students in 230 schools.

So pretty damn great numbers for how many kids DISD has. 

17 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

In my district, $200 bonuses for vaccinated personnel.

Ours approved $500 and extra paid sick leave.  I know of one teacher (thankfully, not a science teacher and not a teacher at my kids' schools) who reluctantly got J&J to get the bonus, while still spouting nonsense that a "synthetic" in the vaccine makes it less effective with Delta.  But vaxxed.  So whatever.  Guess she had a price, and I'm good with it.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

Fourth straight day I’ve received a “positive covid case at your campus” notification from my 1st graders school (Leander ISD)

@JesusSweatDuck I got the same notification about the 50% capacity for indoor extracurriculars. Feels like it’s just a matter of time now. My kiddo is going to be really upset if we go back to virtual only for a long period of time. She has been jubilant every day I’ve picked her up since school started. Fuck it all. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Just got this text from LISD:

Leander ISD: Beginning Monday, Aug. 30, indoor extracurricular events in Leander ISD will be limited to 50% capacity. This will remain in effect while LISD is in the "red stage." Masks are required at indoor LISD events.

I'll be shocked if they enforce masks, the last volleyball game I was at had very few mask wearers and masks were required then.

That's eating into revenue.  That might get some attention.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2021/08/27/mask-mandate-travis-county-schools-judge-allows-paxton-appeals/5624571001/

Concluding that Gov. Greg Abbott exceeded his authority by banning mask mandates in Texas, an Austin judge ruled Friday that school districts in Travis County can enforce face coverings as a COVID-19 precaution. 

State District Judge Catherine Mauzy's order also applied to 19 school districts that represent about 1 million students — including Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Worth and Houston  — as well as Austin Community College, which also sued Abbott.

However, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton quickly appealed, automatically blocking enforcement of Mauzy's temporary injunction — though the Austin-based 3rd Court of Appeals can be asked to reinstate the judge's order while Paxton's challenge proceeds.

In her ruling, Mauzy concluded Abbott's ban on mandatory masks — contained in a July 29 executive order — was unlawful and exceeded his authority in violation of the Texas Constitution.

53 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Austin ISD for the week (may not be final numbers)

167 total new cases

1384 total new exposures

Numbers were updated today but it's only counting through yesterday.  268 cumulative cases so far at the end of week 2, which is a little more than LISD had at the end of week 2, but AISD is about twice the size.