AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18

atomheartbevo

7 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Yeesh.  I've never bothered to ask, but I assume Waco in general is part of the head in the sand, Covid doesn't really exist camp. 

There has been an appalling lack of masks.  We kept our kids out of school this year because during meet the teacher every teacher and staff went maskless.

Looking at our Covid dashboard Mclennan County

45% of 12+ are vaxxed. A month ago we were at 39ish %.  So slowly rising.

1440 active cases. 29% positivity rate.

Last week we had 2 or 3days of over 300 new cases.

If it's not a mess it'll do until the mess gets here.

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Waco has shrugged off a self-immolation cult, gang rapes on the reg., and the most being rules by the most corrupt church in the Western Hemisphere.  I'm pretty sure they can look the other way on an invisible, fake virus.

If Waco as a civic mentality...could take the form of a tangible object?  Waco would be an untested, expired rape kit found at the bottom of a dumpster behind a Chili's.  

Hey we've got a Top Golf now.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Am I the dude with the straw in his beer?  I mean, I'll take the shirtless Randy Marsh in this scenario.

No, I don't want to fight the dude.  I just want to see the look on his face when we lay out the systematic destruction of his business, and then tell him about the bars around town I see his wife at, tying one on and being quite flirty (spoiler alert, she's a whore and not a very good one either).  Or at least enough of a dent in it, that between that and his kids are being pariah'd by teachers...that they have to move somewhere else.  I've posted it before but that look when people know they truly fucked up and they wish they had to do it all over again...you have to see it in person.  A message board, or even Zoom, isn't the same thing.  It's such a fucking high.  When they look back and see the folly of their ways...including marrying the shitbag spouse they call "sweetheart."  I got my first taste about 15 years ago.  It's a really hard drug to kick.  

Anywhoodles, what were we talking about?  Ah yes, local ISD Kids First! 

How is that company still in business.  Holy shit that website is bad.  

Just now, Post Oak said:

There has been an appalling lack of masks.  We kept our kids out of school this year because during meet the teacher every teacher and staff went maskless.

Looking at our Covid dashboard Mclennan County

45% of 12+ are vaxxed. A month ago we were at 39ish %.  So slowly rising.

1440 active cases. 29% positivity rate.

Last week we had 2 or 3days of over 300 new cases.

If it's not a mess it'll do until the mess gets here.

Good luck, Post Oak.  Teachers not wearing masks definitely fall into the "fuck around and find out" category. 

10 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

How is that company still in business.  Holy shit that website is bad.  

You might be thinking of/viewing the one run by the older woman out this way with the same last name.  His site is decent looking (then again, I consider lycos.com to be cutting-edge).  I was worried she'd get pulled into this.  For the first few days, there was talk that it was this other dad that pulled that shit with the teacher.  And I know that guy but I bit my tongue because so much bullshit and fake information is spewed about with regard to schools.  There was this 30% chance it was this other woman.  And after two weeks, it was.  I can say with 99.9% certainty.  She's a well known cunt and ball-garbler in these parts.  Her husband has been trying to keep the whole thing quiet but has failed.  Too bad to, he and I overlapped at UT at the same time and looks like even probably had some classes together.  

I'd like to think somebody told him he can't be held to task for the crimes of the spouse, and then he finds out from me and he pulls the "I have the worst fucking attorneys" bluth .gif 

Anyway, I'm sure by the end of this week---my vitriol will have subsided for this shitheap of a couple. 

My new project is the person who flipped out on my own child's campus today, got multiple APD squad cars out there, and sent one staff member to a crisis counselor afterwards because the physical manifestations of their confrontation demanded it according to experts.  

I was today years old when I got my first parental notice, "Your child's campus has been placed on lockdown."  It's America, it's part of the cost of being a parent these days.  Just didn't think I'd get it on my kid's 9th day of First Grade.  

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Am I the dude with the straw in his beer?  I mean, I'll take the shirtless Randy Marsh in this scenario.

Absolutely. It was either that or I figured you could meet the guy at the 7-11 parking lot after school.

And I agree these asshats are actually responsible for influencing people to avoid mitigation measures and vaccines and now I have a dead cousin because of it. I have no doubt that he listened to these asswipes on social media and remained unvaccinated. Now he has a greiving wife and one of two sons still in high school without a great involved dad. So f’ing done with these social media retards and their anti vax campaigns.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Sorry about your cousin, Newdoc.  If you want to meet up at the 7-11 parking lot for a beer and talk about it, won't be the first one I've drank there.  

I'm trying to separate my frustration with anti-vaxxers/anti-maskers/hoaxers because I run into them in every facet of my life.  And I think I'm doing on okay job of that in real life.  Where it gets hard is when people start coming into my local schools with that mindset.  If you're already that stupid, and looking to act out on teachers with no respect for campus rules (nevermind the lack of a mask on this asshole, he just stormed in past the main office straight back to the staff offices), it's not a stretch to see them being violent around kids.  

I've made some conclusions and assumptions about the Covid-19 deniers/anti-folks for the last 18 months.  As a man of faith, probably shouldn't be doing that with such a broad stroke.  But you come into my child's campus with that mentality, you are a threat, your stupidity and your viral load are contagious, you are damaging the morale of an already fragile educational ecosystem that is hanging on by a thread (I'm on the inside of that one, story for another time)...and I get to make every judgement about you I want.  You had 4 APD officers bear down on you today so I'm guessing there's something else in your background (thankfully, nothing got violent today beyond screaming, intimidation, and some cornering of people.  We don't air this shit in front of kids, we just don't.  I want awful, awful things to happen to this man.  But then I realize, his poor child has to be in my kid's grade for years to come.  

What the fuck are we supposed to do with these people?  It's like the collaborators in the Netherlands after the Allied Liberation in 1945.  I mean, yeah---we could live alongside you and pretend that it's all good and you're a sensible, normal human being.  Or we could shave your wife's head in front of your kids, and then take you out to the edge of town with nobody around.

10 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I wonder how many teachers are going to change careers

Are going to?  AISD is already short close to 150 teachers because a bunch did last year, and other districts are the same.

Whole shitload of really experienced, and obviously older teachers, bailed out into retirement last year after the stupidity.  Not worth risking their health because of a dumbass parent.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:00 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Our district has been sending out daily notifications on the number of cases at the kids' schools.  The high school's notices always say "We have had at least five cases today..

I get letters from the school nurse, all phrased this (odd) way:

”In keeping with Hays CISD’s COVID-19 response practices, we are notifying all JHS parents and staff that a person(s) who was lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 was present on the campus on 8/26 and 8/27.”

I wrote and asked her if she is permitted to share an exact number, and have received no response.

54 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

My campus has 2 classroom positions unfilled. Using long term subs for now. We are also short 3 special ed teachers.

We have multiple staff that left at the end of last year due to the toll last year took on them.

I know of a couple teachers that have left the state and got teaching jobs in other parts of the country because of state level politics.

Most districts are short staffed.

We also have massive shortages for bus drivers as well. Tons of late busses every day because drivers are having to run back to back routes to cover for missing drivers.

37 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

While I've been really pissed at how LISD has handled a lot of this, they have been really solid in updating their dashboard and continuing to slice the data up.  Seems like a relatively simple thing all ISDs should be doing.

https://www.leanderisd.org/covid19dashboard/

Gearing is solid from my experience.  I met him when he was super at Dripping Springs and everything I interacted with him on (construction) was super solid.  But he's in a tough spot there.

Okay, so lunatic that shows up my daughter's elementary school today?  Apparently it was part of an ongoing custody battle between the spouses.  That shit happens, I get it.  Happened to me as a kid.    

This is all credible rumor, hence me not naming names because could be wrong and I won't be a nextdoor jackass point fingers at real humans:

However, this one escalated quickly.  Spouse was looking to make a point about how they should be involved in every decision with regard to that child including whether or not they mask up for school (our ISD is currently placing unmasked kids in an alternative learning setting).  Not sure which side the parent was on but one of those custody fights where the parent feels some control slipping away.  We've seen it long before Covid-19.  "I don't my kid changing churches/schools/sports clubs/visitation schedules/holiday routines/summers with grandma/etc."  Y'all know the drill.  This was just the latest incarnation of that.  So they come down the school to complain about what I assume is the opposite of where they see the child needing to be on the Covid-19 mitigation spectrum.  

Really fun day for the kid.  Sorry Tommy...your parents are assholes, the divorce and custody battle probably just got extended by six months, one of them now has a police record, in a few weeks somebody in your class is going to be told by their mommy or daddy that this was your family that caused all this, you're now an anti-mask pariah, and for freaking the shit out of me today, I'm gonna penalize you for their actions and probably just request you be dropped from my class.  Which I know is illegal, but I'm tired of being yelled at.  

Just now, Lobo said:

Okay, so lunatic that shows up my daughter's elementary school today?  Apparently it was part of an ongoing custody battle between the spouses.  That shit happens, I get it.  Happened to me as a kid.    

This is all credible rumor, hence me not naming names because could be wrong and I won't be a nextdoor jackass point fingers at real humans:

However, this one escalated quickly.  Spouse was looking to make a point about how they should be involved in every decision with regard to that child including whether or not they mask up for school (our ISD is currently placing unmasked kids in an alternative learning setting).  Not sure which side the parent was on but one of those custody fights where the parent feels some control slipping away.  We've seen it long before Covid-19.  "I don't my kid changing churches/schools/sports clubs/visitation schedules/holiday routines/summers with grandma/etc."  Y'all know the drill.  This was just the latest incarnation of that.  So they come down the school to complain about what I assume is the opposite of where they see the child needing to be on the Covid-19 mitigation spectrum.  

Really fun day for the kid.  Sorry Tommy...your parents are assholes, the divorce and custody battle probably just got extended by six months, one of them now has a police record, in a few weeks somebody in your class is going to be told by their mommy or daddy that this was your family that caused all this, you're now an anti-mask pariah, and for freaking the shit out of me today, I'm gonna penalize you for their actions and probably just request you be dropped from my class.  Which I know is illegal, but I'm tired of being yelled at.  

I went through that.  Guess what Elementary School I was at....Valley View.  My mom withdrew me, enrolled me in Lake Travis, a week later my dad withdrew my from Lake Travis and enrolled me back into Valley View.  Fun times.

59 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

My 9yo tested positive. Let the fun begin. 

hang in there, sir. this shit hit 4 of the 6 in casa dirt week before last. all 4 had minimal symptoms thankfully.

pfisd started school on a thursday. 10yr old stepdaughter tested positive the following wednesday after showing symptoms the evening before. wife (j&j vax) tested positive that thursday, 5yr old daughter tested positive that saturday. 14yr old stepson (pfizer 1&2) tested positive this past thursday. 

the two girls didn’t have symptoms beyond 2 days and what they did have were mild fever and scratchy throat. the boy had zero symptoms. my wife also had mild symptoms but also lost her sense of smell/taste, which has yet to return. me and my immunocompromised 14yr old daughter were spared. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, this has been going on for decades in this country.  But their "weapon of choice" today was being angry about their child in this masked environment without their consent.  It was always gonna be something I'm guessing for this unstable all-star, they saw the chance to make it about masking and lost their shit.  If not masks, it was gonna be about their kid drinking government milk in the cafeteria.  

this virus has just offered an opportunity for folk to embrace their inner asshole and let their empowered stupidity shine like a beacon.  

I read that 60% of the dads at my daughter's school have graduate degrees.  You wouldn't fucking know it this semester.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, this has been going on for decades in this country.  But their "weapon of choice" today was being angry about their child in this masked environment without their consent.  It was always gonna be something I'm guessing for this unstable all-star, they saw the chance to make it about masking and lost their shit.  If not masks, it was gonna be about their kid drinking government milk in the cafeteria.  

this virus has just offered an opportunity for folk to embrace their inner asshole and let their empowered stupidity shine like a beacon.  

I read that 60% of the dads at my daughter's school have graduate degrees.  You wouldn't fucking know it this semester.

It’s not the virus that emboldened these folks to embrace their inner asshole, but it has certainly cranked it up to 11.

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Happens a lot.  In my wife's training, and in her experience teaching and in admin, they never had any strangers roll up in a 'Free Candy" van trying to take kids, it was always a nasty divorce battle with a non-custodial parent or relative trying to start shit/take the kid.

23 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Good news, the boy's school dropped from 32 cases to 9 cases.  The bad news, three of those nine cases were classroom contacts with him.

Daughter's school has 14 cases but "only" one classroom contact.

Fuck you, Montgomery county.

I mean…why are you living in Montgomery County? You can’t be surprised. Honestly I’m fucking shocked cases are dropping. 

What kind of fucking lunatic pulls that kind of shit in front of children?  Broken brained fucking chud babies. You show that kind of aggression at an elementary school campus you deserve every morsel of the can of whoop ass coming your way. (Off campus in a dark alley of course)

21 minutes ago, Updawg said:

What or where are you getting tests? At home or going in somewhere?

Daughter had contact last Friday so I guess we need to test. No symptoms so far. The school is good about masks

CVS and my local HEB have the Binax test, 2 for $25. By no means definitive but it's >90% accurate and takes 15 minutes to test for an active infection

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean…why are you living in Montgomery County? You can’t be surprised. Honestly I’m fucking shocked cases are dropping. 

Because I need to be in close proximity to my parents.  Believe me, if I had a choice I wouldn't be anywhere near this stupid state much less Montgomery county.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Captainant said:

CVS and my local HEB have the Binax test, 2 for $25. By no means definitive but it's >90% accurate and takes 15 minutes to test for an active infection

This is what we used. Tested her Saturday right after symptoms appeared and it was negative. Tested again Monday and it showed positive pretty much instantly. 

12 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Due to McCallum having the highest number of COVID cases, kids can no longer drink water in class so they don’t drop their mask except at lunch.

It’s really weird they have the most cases because mask use is extremely high and consistent by staff and students.

Almost makes you think that maybe in-school cases are a function of community case transmission and not primarily the result of in-school transmission when appropriate risk mitigation measures are put in to place.  Just maybe. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Yeah, the way our cases are (thankfully) kinda plateauing (there's a slight uptick still, but it's markedly slowing)...it seems that the longer kids spend around one another and our 95% vaccinated staff...and away from their shitheel parents...the better off they're doing.  They're probably getting less dumb as an added bonus.  

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Almost makes you think that maybe in-school cases are a function of community case transmission and not primarily the result of in-school transmission when appropriate risk mitigation measures are put in to place.  Just maybe. 

My alma mater.  We be getting our freak nasty on.....

19 hours ago, Celery Man said:

it's not just teachers. it's all the people who have to face the public.

my wife is staying strong as an aisd teacher. but she had a classroom case, and we had to derail all our weekend plans because of it. she is still teaching unless she becomes symptomatic, and masks are mandated, so that's good. but still, fuck.

goddammit. we were just damn near through this thing, but fucking idiots are messing things up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Saw this in /r/Houston.... Kingwood highschool currently has the most student COVID cases in the town, last weekend they had a bigass unmasked party in their school cafeteria

Wonder why they've got so many cases....

You know there was the one mid-level admin saying, “hey Im just spitballing here, but why dont we hold a party for them outside?”

Legislature is going to fund virtual education through September 2023.  

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/27/texas-house-virtual-learning/

Legislature also looking at giving districts authority to mandate masks, with parents being able to opt out if they want to (presumably those kids would be placed elsewhere as some districts are currently doing).

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/texas-lawmakers-could-create-a-mask-mandate-option-for-school-districts/2731093/

51 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Legislature is going to fund virtual education through September 2023.  

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/27/texas-house-virtual-learning/

Legislature also looking at giving districts authority to mandate masks, with parents being able to opt out if they want to (presumably those kids would be placed elsewhere as some districts are currently doing).

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/texas-lawmakers-could-create-a-mask-mandate-option-for-school-districts/2731093/

Would be awesome if we could place the parents elsewhere too...

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm betting the vaccination rate (or lack thereof) of those eligible to receive it, in the household, of K-8 students is a bigger driver of cases than mask mandates in the classroom.  We'll probably never see that data until years from now.  But our children are actually pretty caring about one another.  They don't want to let down the kid next to them so they do what is asked of them to protect their class (and I realize it differs from district to district).  It fucks with their heads though to see 4 empty chairs every single day, on rotation, because of kids that test positive and have to stay home for 2 weeks.  They wonder, "when will it be my turn?"  So they come together to behave safer.  It's amazing to see in real time.  

so what I think is happening is voluntarily un-vaxxed shitbags are giving it to their kids.  It's anecdotal but the informal contract tracing all the parents are doing in our district (triple digit cases and we're less than 8000 students total)...80-90% of the transmission origin is not happening kid-to-kid on campus.  It's out-of-school activities or home......where (SPOILER ALERT) the child is coming into contact with someone with a higher viral load (obese adult).  

If in-person/non-remote education is so goddamn important to some people, why don't they vaccinate themselves and add another layer of protection to their household so the kid has a (however slight) better chance of not missing two weeks of school with his friends.  No matter your feelings on efficacy, if somebody tells me, "For 10 minutes of your time, your family will have a 10% better chance of not missing school/work due to Covid-19"......I'd do that in a heartbeat.  

Many on here were wrong.  Kids can get Covid-19.  Thankfully, it seems they don't transmit it among one another as aggressively as we do.  Act accordingly.