AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18

atomheartbevo

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/27/texas-schools-covid-19-cases/

Even as some Texas schools hadn’t yet started the school year, the number of positive COVID-19 student cases statewide reported last week surpassed the peak seen any time last year, state data released Friday shows.

Between Aug. 16 and Aug. 22, there were 14,033 positive cases reported among students across the state, 34% more than the week with the most student cases reported last school year, the Department of State Health Services data shows. Last week’s totals also represent a 182% increase from the week ending Aug. 15, though fewer students were in school then.

My district, Plano ISD, has a dashboard that shows the percentage of students who filled out the mask-opt-out form for each campus.

It varies wildly across the city and makes a near perfect map of Plano's demographics. The highly Asian and Indian neighborhoods are all over 90% masked up, the poorer neighborhoods are also really masked up, and the Trumpy white neighborhoods have 20% or so opting out of the mask.

I'm glad the school I teach at is pretty low % opt out, and I know some of those kids are still wearing masks. I have several students that are flagged as maskless in the computer system but are wearing masks anyway. Their parents opted them out for some political statement, but the kids get masks from the office once they get to campus.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

My district, Plano ISD, has a dashboard that shows the percentage of students who filled out the mask-opt-out form for each campus.
It varies wildly across the city and makes a near perfect map of Plano's demographics. The highly Asian and Indian neighborhoods are all over 90% masked up, the poorer neighborhoods are also really masked up, and the Trumpy white neighborhoods have 20% or so opting out of the mask.
I'm glad the school I teach at is pretty low % opt out, and I know some of those kids are still wearing masks. I have several students that are flagged as maskless in the computer system but are wearing masks anyway. Their parents opted them out for some political statement, but the kids get masks from the office once they get to campus.

Kids are never too young to learn that their parents are utter morons, roll their eyes, and do the right thing once you’re out from under their roof.

Rebellion and defiance in kids isn’t always a bad thing.
  • Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, midtown said:

My kids district must be following the ban on sending out notices about covid kids because my kids have not received a single notice.  Last year my son got them almost weekly

Which district are you?  Ours (Leander) is sending out schoolwide notices, and then you can look on their dashboard page and for each positive case they provide the course schedule including time period and room#,

Yeah, they're not allowed to name names, contract trace, point fingers or name names.  But they are allowed---and encouraged even by TEA and county health authorities to at least indicate that a child in your child's class/bus/specials/et. al. has tested positive and is under quarantine and that you are not required to do so, but sort of a "thought you might like to know" kinda thing.  I should know the verbiage considering we've gotten dozens of them, but my brain went numb to it. 

But yeah, you get into that parent mode like "I get it, it was a kid on the playground or cafeteria, what are you gonna do?"  but then you get verification through the parent network online that "It's my daughter, here's where she sits in the room.  Hope your child is okay, thought we'd be transparent about it and here's what efforts we're taking."  It's fucking blazing still through out district (though thankfully Thursday & Friday numbers are the best in 10+ days!).  But most parents are being up front like, "We're vaccinated, obviously our first grader can't be.  We think she does a good job masking, but they have snacks/recess/lunch/music so what can do?"  And we all get it.  90% of people are doing best practices.  

But if my math checks out, and I'd to think that it does, there's just enough cunts left in the district to start protesting even our ability to communicate privately as parents about what we're seeing/hearing, who may have the virus in our own child's class, etc.  Nothing wrong with, "Here's how we roll in House Lobo, we had a positive test, here's where our daughter sits in each of her classes, we're gonna quarantine and come back in accordance with the policies you all adhere to."  Or we can say jack-shit, be radio silent.  Either way, we're being more honorable and forthright than our statewide administrators.  Then again, that's a pretty fucking low bar.  I can meet that threshold on a bender in Reno. 

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Which district are you?  Ours (Leander) is sending out schoolwide notices, and then you can look on their dashboard page and for each positive case they provide the course schedule including time period and room#,

NEISD in San Antonio

From the legislature.. This is a committee decision at this point.

SB 15 is touted as a measure with enough guardrails to make sure students succeed and to help those who might fall through the cracks. The bill would pay for virtual learning until September 2023 and give local school districts and charter schools the autonomy to set up their own virtual learning programs. Lawmakers set the fall 2023 date to allow them to revisit the issue during their next regular session.

1 hour ago, Nolacycling said:

From the legislature.. This is a committee decision at this point.

SB 15 is touted as a measure with enough guardrails to make sure students succeed and to help those who might fall through the cracks. The bill would pay for virtual learning until September 2023 and give local school districts and charter schools the autonomy to set up their own virtual learning programs. Lawmakers set the fall 2023 date to allow them to revisit the issue during their next regular session.

This would be pretty fucking amazing, and would go along way toward calming the anger a lot of parents have.

It would also open up a lot more schools to going virtual when shit gets bad (Which it's doing).

The cynic in me has a certain view on why they are doing it, but I'd like to believe some are doing it because it's the right thing to do and not because they are worried about next year.

A lot of people have had enough of a lot of things, and/or they are struggling to keep themselves going and keep their kids close to their grade level, and it sounds like that bill or another is going to help with getting those kids the assistance they need in addition to regular classes.

Wife and I grew up in Plano and I quizzed her on which schools would have the highest opt out percentages. She did very well by guesstimating trumpiness as you move from the east side to the west.

Yep, it was at my daughter's elementary school.  Real fucking fun getting an alert to your phone and all it says is "Your child's campus has been placed on lockdown."  Yes, moments later you get an email with more detail saying it was a parent causing disruption and no children were in danger.  But those instants in between, yeah---not great for my heart rate.  

I've fucking had it with this shit.  You wanna go and make a scene at the Board meetings, fine.  It's your right.  Stay the fuck off campus and don't do this shit in front of kids.  They make it a point to say no kids witnessed it but you don't think the 4th and 5th grade boys noticed the fleet of APD cars outside their classroom?  You don't think is gonna get around the cafeteria in 20 minutes?  

I'm gonna out this parent.  I'm gonna out the the bitch that assaulted the teacher on meet the teacher day two weeks ago.  And although I've known her for ten years, I'm gonna out the Cunt that is winding them all up to commit this shit as her minions.  I know she's getting a huge power rush out of this right now, and it'll probably continue for a few more months.  I'm sorry your event planning business was hampered by Covid but it's no reason to let children watch your bullshit rage play out in real time.  You are being a piece of shit right now and you fucking know it.  I knew you and liked you in the before-time, this isn't like you, and you're causing real harm.  Get your shit together NOW.  Get help.  

Edited by Lobo

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yep, it was at my daughter's elementary school.  Real fucking fun getting an alert to your phone and all it says is "Your child's campus has been placed on lockdown."  Yes, moments later you get an email with more detail saying it was a parent causing disruption and no children were in danger.  But those instants in between, yeah---not great for my heart rate.  

I've fucking had it with this shit.  You wanna go and make a scene at the Board meetings, fine.  It's your right.  Stay the fuck off campus and don't do this shit in front of kids.  They make it a point to say no kids witnessed it but you don't think the 4th and 5th grade boys noticed the fleet of APD cars outside their classroom?  You don't think is gonna get around the cafeteria in 20 minutes?  

I'm gonna out this parent.  I'm gonna out the the bitch that assaulted the teacher on meet the teacher day two weeks ago.  And although I've known her for ten years, I'm gonna out the Cunt that is winding them all up to commit this shit as her minions.  I know she's getting a huge power rush out of this right now, and it'll probably continue for a few more months.  I'm sorry your event planning business was hampered by Covid but it's no reason to let children watch your bullshit rage play out in real time.  You are being a piece of shit right now and you fucking know it.  I knew you and liked you in the before-time, this isn't like you, and you're causing real harm.  Get your shit together NOW.  Get help.  

JudgeSmailsWaiting.gif

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm gonna out this parent.  I'm gonna out the the bitch that assaulted the teacher on meet the teacher day two weeks ago.  And although I've known her for ten years, I'm gonna out the Cunt that is winding them all up to commit this shit as her minions.  I know she's getting a huge power rush out of this right now, and it'll probably continue for a few more months.  I'm sorry your event planning business was hampered by Covid but it's no reason to let children watch your bullshit rage play out in real time.  You are being a piece of shit right now and you fucking know it.  I knew in the before-time, this isn't like you, and you're causing real harm.  Get your shit together NOW.  Get help.  

giphy_s.gif

1 minute ago, MAUFRAIS said:
12 minutes ago, Lobo said:
Get help.

I'm getting help.  Mental health tuneups are always a good idea.  Right now, she's getting a rush from watching people physically play out her script/direction in real life.  She doesn't know that "high" doesn't last very long and is rarely worth the damage done.  

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fuck these people. Just don't understand the sheer sense of hubris and self absorption that someone must have to do these types of things. They don't deserve your protection.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm gonna out this parent.  I'm gonna out the the bitch that assaulted the teacher on meet the teacher day two weeks ago.  And although I've known her for ten years, I'm gonna out the Cunt that is winding them all up to commit this shit as her minions. 

It's been two weeks, what're you waiting for?

1 hour ago, sidis said:

giphy_s.gif

Yep.  Out them all.  If you're proud enough to have a raging fit in public, then you're proud enough to have your name attached to it.

I'm sick of this shit, and of handling them with kid-gloves and "sensitivity."  No.  You are committing assault, you are attacking public servants trying to do their jobs, and you are disrupting the entire school.  Get arrested, get charged, get banned from campus.  And be named and known for the world.  I don't care if you're doing it because you're anti-mask (which is pretty much all that we're seeing), or if you're pissed that the school isn't doing enough to protect your kid.  Enough.  Basta.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/26/2021 at 7:46 PM, Born to Run said:

I have friends in Germany, comparing our situation with theirs is completely meaningless. They mask when needed, they also have travel restrictions, relatively contained villages, contact tracing etc.

If I catch Covid let's hang out sans mask my dude, they are useless

2 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Anti-mask person went nuts at one of the Eanes schools today and cops were called. None of the kids saw according to the email. So that is good.

But this is becoming ridiculous.

do you know that it was actually an anti-mask nut?  wife who works in the district is saying that it was apparently a domestic issue.

Got our first email about a case in my sons class. 
our district is claiming 15 cases out of 3600 students. About 1/240. If America had that same rate we’d currently have 1.4 million active cases. I don’t know how we compare the the population at large but 8 school days in it doesn’t seem to be an epidemic or problem. Hopefully this thing has peaked in Texas. 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'm getting help.  Mental health tuneups are always a good idea.  Right now, she's getting a rush from watching people physically play out her script/direction in real life.  She doesn't know that "high" doesn't last very long and is rarely worth the damage done.  

are the lady's initials L.K.?

21 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

are the lady's initials L.K.?

You know that word for people who like to steal stuff?   And then with maniac on the end which is only too fucking fitting.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You know that word for people who like to steal stuff?   And then with maniac on the end which is only too fucking fitting.  

Fucking stop with riddles.  Who besides Jen Stevens is in on this.  Fucking doxx every one of these assholes.   Do it from a burner account if you don’t want them to link you to it.

For what it’s worth: my kids are both at WHS and much happier since the board instituted the mask mandate.  But both are vaccinated .  Which apparently is pretty rare there too.  I mean, what the fuck, Eanes?

Edited by Hefeweizen
Fuck you that’s why.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I don’t mind them linking it to me.  Stuff on surly pops up way too high in google when it comes to proper names.  I don’t want these site guys getting inundated with cease and desist orders.  If I can find her name on another site, I’ll just link it here.  

If these assholes own businesses or work in high profile roles, people should know who they are.   I don't want to spend money with anyone acting that way. The two asshats assaulting people on campus should absolutely be outed, whether they are minions of J.S. or not.  Public shaming of these twats is all we have left to try and nip Covid in the bud.  Fuck all of them.

• Hook 'Em 2

And the Governor has now argued in court that he can't/won't enforce the mask mandates, only local DAs.  If you want to get into why, you know where CR is, but pointing this out to mean that the mask mandates will continue, since as the article points out, a lot of DAs (most) won't try to go after other local officials.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/27/texas-mask-mandates-greg-abbott/

“Neither Governor Abbott nor Attorney General Paxton will be enforcing” the order, Paxton argued in a Monday court filing in Dallas.

In a bid to convince judges to toss out those legal challenges, Abbott and Paxton claim in recent court filings that they’re not the right target because it’s up to local prosecutors to enforce Abbott’s orders.

52 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

If these assholes own businesses or work in high profile roles, people should know who they are.   I don't want to spend money with anyone acting that way. The two asshats assaulting people on campus should absolutely be outed, whether they are minions of J.S. or not.  Public shaming of these twats is all we have left to try and nip Covid in the bud.  Fuck all of them.

Yeah, that's kinda my thinking.  Most folks should get a pass for going off at a board meeting or at an administrative site.  But you come onto an elementary school campus and start throwing blows and screaming threats in front of kids.  That's a problem.  J.S. is not to blame for this but she has wound up these sheep that she at least be trying to calm them down.  But nope, she lost an election and is now stoking the flames of disruption in an attempt to remain relevant. 

We have 12 CCE kids on my little street (just 11 homes).  So we know the parent involved into today's campus melee (again, holy fucking shit getting an alert to your phone that 'your child's campus is on lockdown'...makes the covid case alerts now look like the lunch menu for the week) but again I am hoping somebody else outs that person so we can just link to it here and start off on ruining their lives.  

As for the incident two weeks ago in plain view of 100 kids.  L. Klepac---you got away with it because you're a white female, and threatened withholding EEF money.  Well, they scrubbed you from their site.  You're a vicious cunt of a human being and all you did was mark your child as "that one cunt's kid" for the rest of their days in EISD.  Your husband's computer business has been marked as well.  I know you think you are J.S.'s protege in training, but you're just drinking the same kool-aid cocktail of vitriolic hatred and stupidity.  Fuck you.  Tell your apathetic cuckhold of a husband we can meet  up after school.  Does he know you've been down on more Westlake dads than Gabbie Carter?  

Edited by Lobo

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://c.tenor.com/Rc1KT1gnJugAAAAC/yes-soccer.gif

Leander limiting in-door capacity at extracurricular events to 50% starting today.

Conveniently, Rouse got in their volleyball tournament Saturday before the capacity changes. Daughter was invited to go watch friends, but didn't go because she's not fully vax'd yet and knew it would be a shit show. I had to take the boy up to the Ag barn Saturday and saw a bunch of parents walking out and didn't see a single mask. 

Am I the dude with the straw in his beer?  I mean, I'll take the shirtless Randy Marsh in this scenario.

No, I don't want to fight the dude.  I just want to see the look on his face when we lay out the systematic destruction of his business, and then tell him about the bars around town I see his wife at, tying one on and being quite flirty (spoiler alert, she's a whore and not a very good one either).  Or at least enough of a dent in it, that between that and his kids are being pariah'd by teachers...that they have to move somewhere else.  I've posted it before but that look when people know they truly fucked up and they wish they had to do it all over again...you have to see it in person.  A message board, or even Zoom, isn't the same thing.  It's such a fucking high.  When they look back and see the folly of their ways...including marrying the shitbag spouse they call "sweetheart."  I got my first taste about 15 years ago.  It's a really hard drug to kick.  

Anywhoodles, what were we talking about?  Ah yes, local ISD Kids First! 

Edited by Lobo

54 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's such a fucking high.  When they look back and see the folly of their ways...including marrying the shitbag spouse they call "sweetheart."  I got my first taste about 15 years ago.  It's a really hard drug to kick.  

Drinking a little more Mountain Dew than usual?

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Waco has shrugged off a self-immolation cult, gang rapes on the reg., and the most being rules by the most corrupt church in the Western Hemisphere.  I'm pretty sure they can look the other way on an invisible, fake virus.

If Waco as a civic mentality...could take the form of a tangible object?  Waco would be an untested, expired rape kit found at the bottom of a dumpster behind a Chili's.  

Edited by Lobo