AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18

atomheartbevo

It's Thursday, which means that I have received an in class exposure notification for all of my MS kid's classes. Every single one of them. Some classes more than one notification. Fortunately she has elite level ABs >2500 and wears a mask and so far has made all of the exposures her bitch. Keep asking us to shoot the dice everyday you piece of shit school board officials. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

It's Thursday, which means that I have received an in class exposure notification for all of my MS kid's classes. Every single one of them. Some classes more than one notification. Fortunately she has elite level ABs >2500 and wears a mask and so far has made all of the exposures her bitch. Keep asking us to shoot the dice everyday you piece of shit school board officials. 

Damn. My youngest hasn’t had one in his class and Ohenry pretty much hasn’t sent shit in terms of emails. 
I’ve received 5 or so from Austin High. 

You’re in the hot zone. Check the greenbelt for wild monkeys. 

Edited by BrazilHorn

Instead of a whole other thread on CRT...can I just throw this out there instead to you posters in Leander........

Is that broad available to open for Salt-n-Pepa at Longhorn City Limits?  I think she'd bring the fucking ruckus to the night.  Dig it, Dig it.  

If I had to guess, she got wind that some teacher spent a day or two in AP-U.S. History or Sociology talking about the significance of music in the struggle for civil rights or to address social injustices.  Starts out 19th century gospel choirs to delta blues to Nina Simone to Sam Cooke to Aretha Franklin to Ray Charles to all the myriad musicians over the years forced to play for different wages in segregated clubs they couldn't even eat in, etc.  Then it probably concludes with some modern acts that the kids today would know, and probably right before that would be N.W.A. 

So she probably recognizes half the names on the outline and thinks, "Well, I enjoy the music of these various negroes, I don't see any problem here...didn't even really realize there was a social message in their music.  Ray Charles does have that lovely Christmas album we play every year."  She knows her daughter likes Beyonce' and Kanye.  But there's these singers/bands in the 80's and 90's that aren't known by anyone in her household.  So she googles N.W.A. and there's the lyrics to the song and she's mortified.  So she assumes a high school AP teacher is fucking crazy enough to just spend two periods talking about fuck da police.  When in fact, it was just one sentence in a broader lecture about the significance of music and art in the civil rights struggle for the last 150 years.  "A Change is Gonna Come" is a perfect example of this.  Sam Cooke's message is every bit as powerful as anything NWA ever did but he sings it so damn smooth, you don't know what he's injecting into your white brain. 

That, or somebody just texted her the lyrics because they knew she was a wound-up Karen Kunt and they could get her to do something stupid on live TV and she delivered! 

Edited by Lobo

Yes, the midterm essay will ask students to debate whether or not the woke movement would be helped or hindered by a remastered release of Two Live Crew’s “Welcome to the Fuck Shop.”   

2500 words or more, cite lyrics when appropriate.  

It kinda reminded me of when Anna Gasteyer and Will Ferrell were that middle school music school teacher duo.  The Culps. 

Gasteyer was all buttoned up in a mormon dress with 70's eyeglasses but she'd bust out with, "I see you baby, shaking that ass.  Shaking that ass..."  

And yes, I tried to find those clips but they're just gone. 

You guys must live in some fucked up school districts. With some fucked up parents. I watched both my kids schools empty out over the last four weeks. I'd estimate 99% compliance based on the fact 90% of them are still wearing them to the cars etc and it's not mandatory but encouraged. My kids do go to Biden schools though

Just now, midtown said:

You guys must live in some fucked up school districts. With some fucked up parents. I watched both my kids schools empty out over the last four weeks. I'd estimate 99% compliance based on the fact 90% of them are still wearing them to the cars etc and it's not mandatory but encouraged. My kids do go to Biden schools though

Kingwood and Lago Vista has some assholes living there. Whodathunkit

13 minutes ago, midtown said:

Biden has his own schools now?  Dammit, the prophecy is becoming complete!  There's not much time, save yourselves!  AHHHH!

Okay, I'm calm.  Ever since the district nutted up and implemented a mask mandate, cases have (overall around the ISD) tapered downward.  But it's hitting elementary schools hardest (obviously), so that's where my attention on the dashboard immediately goes to, and it's still bad.  Not awful or red alert, but bad.  

But to your point about parents, yep---this thing really shows you who the assholes are way faster than waiting for a little league umpire to make a shitty call.  Cops called to myriad campuses in our district three times already for parents assaulting staff about mask shit.  Things do seem to be cooling down a bit this week.  Wife was at a booster club gathering this morning, outdoors, everybody still masked up, and not one cunty comment about masks being bullshit.  Then again, the folks attending this morning are the parents who care---the ones doing gruntwork like dropoff help, getting the teachers air filters, planning and cooking for all the holiday parties.  The non-glamourous shit that doesn't get you on the news, but holding protests outside principal's offices does.  None of this compares to what's going to happen once vaccine mandates hit public school districts.  It's gonna be fucking Thunderdome up in here.  

tl;dr---adults are selfish assholes, kids doing what they can to take care of the friend next to them, and Klepac continues to gargle more balls than a tennis dog

I'm not even telling my kids to wear them. I've been honest with them in that if they hate them and find it impossible to handle school they don't have to especially since they are vaccinated but that I highly encourage them to. I think the fact they got used to it last year makes it a non issue

19 hours ago, Lobo said:

If I had to guess, she got wind that some teacher spent a day or two in AP-U.S. History or Sociology talking about the significance of music in the struggle for civil rights or to address social injustices.  Starts out 19th century gospel choirs to delta blues to Nina Simone to Sam Cooke to Aretha Franklin to Ray Charles to all the myriad musicians over the years forced to play for different wages in segregated clubs they couldn't even eat in, etc.  Then it probably concludes with some modern acts that the kids today would know, and probably right before that would be N.W.A. 

So she probably recognizes half the names on the outline and thinks, "Well, I enjoy the music of these various negroes, I don't see any problem here...didn't even really realize there was a social message in their music.  Ray Charles does have that lovely Christmas album we play every year."  She knows her daughter likes Beyonce' and Kanye.  But there's these singers/bands in the 80's and 90's that aren't known by anyone in her household.  So she googles N.W.A. and there's the lyrics to the song and she's mortified.  So she assumes a high school AP teacher is fucking crazy enough to just spend two periods talking about fuck da police.  When in fact, it was just one sentence in a broader lecture about the significance of music and art in the civil rights struggle for the last 150 years.  "A Change is Gonna Come" is a perfect example of this.  Sam Cooke's message is every bit as powerful as anything NWA ever did but he sings it so damn smooth, you don't know what he's injecting into your white brain. 

That, or somebody just texted her the lyrics because they knew she was a wound-up Karen Kunt and they could get her to do something stupid on live TV and she delivered! 

Don't let her hear public enemy. Or god forbid Eazy-E. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/education/2021/09/10/texas-ag-paxton-sues-richardson-isd-over-mask-mandate/

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced Friday that he filed a lawsuit against Richardson ISD, following through on his pledge to sue school districts who mandate masks.

The district defied Gov. Greg Abbott’s executive order prohibiting local entities from requiring masks. The RISD trustees voted last week to affirm Superintendent Jeannie Stone’s decision to require face coverings, after they were forced to close an elementary school because of a spike in COVID-19 cases and a sixth grader was admitted into the intensive care unit.

Paxton noted in a release that the office anticipates filing additional lawsuits against the districts flouting the governor’s order. This could include Dallas ISD -- the first to openly defy Abbott.

When I look at the shit my parents did when I was a kid, that I found embarrassing...well, that shit is only known to me, them, and maybe a few family members or friends, and it dies when those folks die/forget about it.

When today's youth are embarrassed by their parents, it's going to be on the internet for millions to see, for the rest of their lives.

jack nicholson smile GIF

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Biden has his own schools now?  Dammit, the prophecy is becoming complete!  There's not much time, save yourselves!  AHHHH!

Okay, I'm calm.  Ever since the district nutted up and implemented a mask mandate, cases have (overall around the ISD) tapered downward.  But it's hitting elementary schools hardest (obviously), so that's where my attention on the dashboard immediately goes to, and it's still bad.  Not awful or red alert, but bad.  

But to your point about parents, yep---this thing really shows you who the assholes are way faster than waiting for a little league umpire to make a shitty call.  Cops called to myriad campuses in our district three times already for parents assaulting staff about mask shit.  Things do seem to be cooling down a bit this week.  Wife was at a booster club gathering this morning, outdoors, everybody still masked up, and not one cunty comment about masks being bullshit.  Then again, the folks attending this morning are the parents who care---the ones doing gruntwork like dropoff help, getting the teachers air filters, planning and cooking for all the holiday parties.  The non-glamourous shit that doesn't get you on the news, but holding protests outside principal's offices does.  None of this compares to what's going to happen once vaccine mandates hit public school districts.  It's gonna be fucking Thunderdome up in here.  

tl;dr---adults are selfish assholes, kids doing what they can to take care of the friend next to them, and Klepac continues to gargle more balls than a tennis dog

As someone who officiated youth sports as a part time job in high school and college, this is a wonderful summation of where we are.  I made no shitty calls btw.

Seriously. If y’all wanna do a happy hour beforehand and make sure we all get back to civilization safely, I’m in for a few rounds of drinks on me.  I mean, they gotta top it next time—-right?

Surly Happy Hour at the next Leander ISD school board meeting.

Leander people: So, y'all are parents?

Surly: Yep, want to see 5,000 photos of my kids that I have on my phone?

Leander: Ahh, what school are your kids at?

Surly: Different schools in AISD.

Leander: Wait, what?  This is the Leander school board meeting.

Surly: Yeah, we know, we just want to party with the blonde who was quoting "Fuck tha Police" into the school board meeting notes.

Leander: Oh, umm, well, the line starts way down the block.

So my kids got shot #2 yesterday (hallelujah!) and I took them for Boba afterward. As we were sitting outside the boba place, my daughter is snapping with one of her friends and she tells me her friend is jealous. I asked "why, because you got boba?) She says "no, because we're vaccinated". The kid is begging her mom to get her vaccinated and she won't let her. She even put together a powerpoint with vaccine facts and statistics and she still won't let her get vaxed.  

• Rage+1 1

DISD covid update: 2058 total cases after 4 weeks of school. Breakdown is 925 total cases in Elementary schools, 420 in Middle schools, and 564 in high schools. The elementary number is really interesting. 1437 students have tested positive. 498 campus staff and 123 Central staff have tested positive. So it's hitting the student population, especially the unvaxxed, in higher numbers. Older kid's school has had 9 total, 5 staff and 4 students. Younger kid's middle has 4 total, 1 staff and 3 students. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That's about how ours tracks in terms of percentages.  It just knocked the elementary schools on their ass outta the gate.  At first it seemed to be carry-over infection from late summer activities/travel...but then became apparent it was blazing from kid to kid in the classroom, all unvacc'd---obviously.  The high school is supposedly 85-90% full vaccinated, I think because almost every kid belongs to some sport or activity that requires it...or is pressured onto them, "If you're one of us...you'll take the shot" kinda deal.  For once the peer-pressure horror stories I hear about that place are used for a good thing.  But on a campus of almost 3000 students, I think there's only been 15 total cases in four weeks (and they included all the sports that were in practice weeks before school started).  

The real enigma to me seems to now be middle schools.  It's a crapshoot of vaccination rates.  I don't fault those parents for having skepticism for an 11 or 12 year old getting the shots.  Nobody talks about those vaccination rates, probably for those reasons.  But one of our middle schools is like Chernobyl levels of infection and the other one seems to have never heard of Covid-19. Weird.  We're gonna have this dilemma in December when vaccinations open up for 6-11 yo.  I honestly don't know what we'll do quite yet.  Good news:  3 more months of data.  Bad news:  3 more months of the current shitshow.  

On 9/10/2021 at 8:26 PM, atomheartbevo said:

These are the schools Paxton announced that he is suing today:

• Richardson ISD
  • Round Rock ISD (Travis/Williamson Counties)
  • Galveston ISD 
  • Elgin ISD (Bastrop County)
  • Spring ISD
  • Sherman ISD

Cowards are taking on the suburban districts where they have allies in a good amount of parents and board members, and avoiding the big urban districts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, midtown said:

There has got to be a tipping point for kids pretty soon right?  I mean if all of these kids are getting covid at this pace the herd immunity in these schools has go to be soon.

We have plenty of kids/schools to go - you're seeing a lot of the unmasked/low mask usage places getting hit hard.  AISD has been doing fairly well.