Brothahorn's Conservative Thread

Brothahorn

4 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

A lot of black Republicans politicians  are simply in it for the grift.  

FIFY.     LOLz at the notion that it's just "black Republicans."

LOLz at people who voted for Trump because he’d “DRAIN THE SWAMP!”

No politician could ever do a bigger disservice to the notion that all Washington needs is n “outsider”.  Turns out they are worse than the insiders.  Nice work DOTARD. 

46 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

LOLz at people who voted for Trump because he’d “DRAIN THE SWAMP!”

agreed, but we're categorizing cornball brothers here, not Cheeto Lords.

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

What do the resident conservatives think about the GOP not having an official platform for their convention?

(serious question, no snark)

Laughable, but perfectly on-brand.

They haven't had a real platform for a while now.

14 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

This is a good a place to post this Twitter thread a any

thanks for sharing this thread. i find it fascinating. my husband is black, along with my extended in-law family and they are all pretty politically engaged, educated, etc...they've been pretty disturbed (and/or enraged lol) by some of the 'black republican' rhetoric they've seen/heard. this convo is a pretty good explanation, i'm going to share it. thanks.  

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

thanks for sharing this thread. i find it fascinating. my husband is black, along with my extended in-law family and they are all pretty politically engaged, educated, etc...they've been pretty disturbed (and/or enraged lol) by some of the 'black republican' rhetoric they've seen/heard. this convo is a pretty good explanation, i'm going to share it. thanks.  

Here's the podcast he referenced in the thread.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-black-table-in-the-big-tent/id1112190608?i=1000450171142

Gave great insight into the 2 poles of black conservatism.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

i'm not sure what that video is supposed to show...?

the tweet indicates he had already shot someone and was fleeing (supposedly to 'surrender' but how can anybody know that)...you also hear several people saying 'stop him! he just shot someone!'

he gets tackled and proceeds to shoot others (at least 1, maybe 2 or 3?). he gets up, nobody is near him at that point...and is that him that proceeds to fire off several additional bursts? it's dark and i can't tell, but regardless, at that point he is just walking slowly, backwards a bit, obviously ready for anybody else to approach. 

so then he approaches law enforcement...who basically have no reaction to him, despite several voices yelling that he just shot 'all these' people. you also see several other heavily armed individuals just running down the street, again with no law enforcement reaction.  

i mean...i don't know exactly what point was intended, but i'm guessing it's not the one it made. 

47 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i'm not sure what that video is supposed to show...?

the tweet indicates he had already shot someone and was fleeing (supposedly to 'surrender' but how can anybody know that)...you also hear several people saying 'stop him! he just shot someone!'

he gets tackled and proceeds to shoot others (at least 1, maybe 2 or 3?). he gets up, nobody is near him at that point...and is that him that proceeds to fire off several additional bursts? it's dark and i can't tell, but regardless, at that point he is just walking slowly, backwards a bit, obviously ready for anybody else to approach. 

so then he approaches law enforcement...who basically have no reaction to him, despite several voices yelling that he just shot 'all these' people. you also see several other heavily armed individuals just running down the street, again with no law enforcement reaction.  

i mean...i don't know exactly what point was intended, but i'm guessing it's not the one it made. 

Shooting, chaos, people running away and who showed up?

true...but since the OP posted it, and given the context of everything else from his twitter feed that he shares, it's not a leap to assume he thought he was making a more specific political point. 

that being said, i posted above before actually catching up on the DT thread and seeing more of the story, the background of the shooter, him being charged already, etc...but having caught up now, holy shit was this kid a knucklehead. and my god, so many guns everywhere...😖

Edited by mchookem

8 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

thanks, but I guess I should have used "current Republicans" or "Trump supporters" instead of "conservatives".

Fair enough.  I have been disgruntled with the GOP for a while now, before Trump, because most/all of their policies are socially conservative and not really policies, but more social statements or volleys in the culture war.

2 hours ago, Poolflood said:

What is your favorite plank of the Democrat platform?  Because you already read it, right?

I like all of their general statements, which are not much better than what the GOP had, but at least aren't geared to "pwn the nazis."  I am quite skeptical of some of the actual implementations they propose.

However, I believe that if their implementations were addressed honestly by a good-faith conservative party willing to compromise on a few things (as I assume Democrats might be), we might get somewhere with regard to some big issues like:  healthcare, increasing accessibility of education, raising middle and lower class incomes and addressing the income/wealth gap.

I liked a lot of Warren's broad ideas.  I was somewhat skeptical of some of the proposed implementations, but they were fresh thinking that addressed real problems, not imagined ones like persecution of Christians.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

A lot of black Republicans of this phenotype are simply in it for the grift.  

My wife was asking the other night- how the hell does South Carolina have a black republican senator”. My thought was “how does every SEC state not have a black republican senator. There’s literally nothing white conservatives like more than voting for a black guy who says and thinks exactly what they do. 
the opportunities are endless if you adopt this stance I would think. 

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Absolutely and utterly disgusting (and not at all surprising). 

JOBS

Create 10 Million New Jobs in 10 Months
Create 1 Million New Small Businesses
Cut Taxes to Boost Take-Home Pay and Keep Jobs in America
Enact Fair Trade Deals that Protect American Jobs
'Made in America' Tax Credits
Expand Opportunity Zones
Continue Deregulatory Agenda for Energy Independence
ERADICATE COVID-19

Develop a Vaccine by The End Of 2020
Return to Normal in 2021
Make All Critical Medicines and Supplies for Healthcare Workers in The United States
Refill Stockpiles and Prepare for Future Pandemics
END OUR RELIANCE ON CHINA

Bring Back 1 Million Manufacturing Jobs from China
Tax Credits for Companies that Bring Back Jobs from China
Allow 100% Expensing Deductions for Essential Industries like Pharmaceuticals and Robotics who Bring *Back their Manufacturing to the United States
No Federal Contracts for Companies who Outsource to China
Hold China Fully Accountable for Allowing the Virus to Spread around the World
HEALTHCARE

Cut Prescription Drug Prices
Put Patients and Doctors Back in Charge of our Healthcare System
Lower Healthcare Insurance Premiums
End Surprise Billing
Cover All Pre-Existing Conditions
Protect Social Security and Medicare
Protect Our Veterans and Provide World-Class Healthcare and Services
EDUCATION

Provide School Choice to Every Child in America
Teach American Exceptionalism
DRAIN THE SWAMP

Pass Congressional Term Limits
End Bureaucratic Government Bullying of U.S. Citizens and Small Businesses
Expose Washington’s Money Trail and Delegate Powers Back to People and States
Drain the Globalist Swamp by Taking on International Organizations That Hurt American Citizens
DEFEND OUR POLICE

Fully Fund and Hire More Police and Law Enforcement Officers
Increase Criminal Penalties for Assaults on Law Enforcement Officers
Prosecute Drive-By Shootings as Acts of Domestic Terrorism
Bring Violent Extremist Groups Like ANTIFA to Justice
End Cashless Bail and Keep Dangerous Criminals Locked Up until Trial
END ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AND PROTECT AMERICAN WORKERS

Block Illegal Immigrants from Becoming Eligible for Taxpayer-Funded Welfare, Healthcare, and Free College Tuition
Mandatory Deportation for Non-Citizen Gang Members
Dismantle Human Trafficking Networks
End Sanctuary Cities to Restore our Neighborhoods and Protect our Families
Prohibit American Companies from Replacing United States Citizens with Lower-Cost Foreign Workers
Require New Immigrants to Be Able to Support Themselves Financially
INNOVATE FOR THE FUTURE

Launch Space Force, Establish Permanent Manned Presence on The Moon and Send the First Manned Mission to Mars
Build the World’s Greatest Infrastructure SystemWin the Race to 5G and Establish a National High-Speed Wireless Internet Network
Continue to Lead the World in Access to the Cleanest Drinking Water and Cleanest Air
Partner with Other Nations to Clean Up our Planet’s Oceans
AMERICA FIRST FOREIGN POLICY

Stop Endless Wars and Bring Our Troops Home
Get Allies to Pay their Fair Share
Maintain and Expand America’s Unrivaled Military Strength
Wipe Out Global Terrorists Who Threaten to Harm Americans
Build a Great Cybersecurity Defense System and Missile Defense System[7]

—2020 Trump Presidential Campaign[6]
I get you don't like him, but what's disgusting?

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

JOBS

Expand Opportunity Zones
ERADICATE COVID-19

Return to Normal in 2021
Make All Critical Medicines and Supplies for Healthcare Workers in The United States

Allow 100% Expensing Deductions for Essential Industries like Pharmaceuticals and Robotics who Bring *Back their Manufacturing to the United States
HEALTHCARE

End Surprise Billing
EDUCATION

DRAIN THE SWAMP

Drain the Globalist Swamp by Taking on International Organizations That Hurt American Citizens
DEFEND OUR POLICE

Block Illegal Immigrants from Becoming Eligible for Taxpayer-Funded Welfare, Healthcare, and Free College Tuition
Prohibit American Companies from Replacing United States Citizens with Lower-Cost Foreign Workers
INNOVATE FOR THE FUTURE

Launch Space Force, Establish Permanent Manned Presence on The Moon and Send the First Manned Mission to Mars
Build the World’s Greatest Infrastructure SystemWin the Race to 5G and Establish a National High-Speed Wireless Internet Network
Continue to Lead the World in Access to the Cleanest Drinking Water and Cleanest Air

It’s disgusting that they abdicated the idea of voting for a party Platform and said- essentially- whatever Trump wants  is what we are about. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

JOBS

Expand Opportunity Zones
ERADICATE COVID-19

Return to Normal in 2021

HEALTHCARE

End Surprise Billing
EDUCATION

DRAIN THE SWAMP

DEFEND OUR POLICE

INNOVATE FOR THE FUTURE

Those are slogans, not ideas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I'd say they're ideas, but not fleshed out to say how they're going to do it part.

Ideas was a bad choice of words.  They're bullshit.  And they are things he already said he'd do and didn't.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My wife was asking the other night- how the hell does South Carolina have a black republican senator”. My thought was “how does every SEC state not have a black republican senator. There’s literally nothing white conservatives like more than voting for a black guy who says and thinks exactly what they do. 
the opportunities are endless if you adopt this stance I would think. 

One of my frat brothers came to this conclusion in undergrad and rode it all the way to a lucrative career in crisis management and running campaigns. A few of my frat brothers started working in the governors office during W's term while we were in undergrad and the guy I referenced above rode it all the way out through his presidential campaign and eventually worked in his administration.  He eventually got a gig working for a crisis management firm and dealt with among other things senator "wide stance" and Michael Vick's dog fighting imbroglio. He even became a consultant on the ABC network show Scandal which was based on his boss at the time.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

One of my frat brothers came to this conclusion in undergrad and rode it all the way to a lucrative career in crisis management and running campaigns. A few of my frat brothers started working in the governors office during W's term while we were in undergrad and the guy I referenced above rode it all the way out through his presidential campaign and eventually worked in his administration.  He eventually got a gig working for a crisis management firm and dealt with among other things senator "wide stance" and Michael Vick's dog fighting imbroglio. He even became a consultant on the network show Scandal which was based on his boss at the time.  

Out of rep for the day- consider this your positive pop. Thanks for sharing. I guess you are black and you were in a black fraternity?  

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yessir

All I knew about you for sure before that was you and Derka and I were all on the Rick Barnes is a good coach hill and I once snapped at you like an asshole because I got you confused with someone else and had to apologize for being an asshole. Now I know two things about you I guess. Cheers. 
Also, thanks for posting that twitter thread. It was interesting to me and I’d never heard it broken down that way. Not being black I’m not hooked into 2 small subgroups of a very small minority

position (blacks voting GOP) but it makes a certain amount of sense to me reading it. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

52 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

All I knew about you for sure before that was you and Derka and I were all on the Rick Barnes is a good coach hill and I once snapped at you like an asshole because I got you confused with someone else and had to apologize for being an asshole. Now I know two things about you I guess. Cheers. 
Also, thanks for posting that twitter thread. It was interesting to me and I’d never heard it broken down that way. Not being black I’m not hooked into 2 small subgroups of a very small minority

position (blacks voting GOP) but it makes a certain amount of sense to me reading it. 

I'm almost certain that we've played basketball with or against each other a time or 2 at Gregory or the rec given the fact that we were on campus around the same time and are both basketball aficionados.

Give the podcast a listen if you get a chance. I found it really good and it did a pretty good job of framing what I've seen in my life.  There's a significant number of black folks who are reflexively conservative, but recoil at the clear anti-black sentiment nurtured within some conservative circles.  Shit, people forget that even Jesse Jackson was pro-life early in his political career during his presidential runs.  We're witnessing it now with Trump how the horse race nature of politics forces people to root for their political team rather than considering issues one by one, and often leads to people adopting or co-opting beliefs they wouldn't otherwise if offered in a vacuum.  

Meant to post a link

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-black-table-in-the-big-tent/id1112190608?i=1000450171142

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

11 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'm almost certain that we've played basketball with or against each other a time or 2 at Gregory or the rec given the fact that we were on campus around the same time and are both basketball aficionados.

Give the podcast a listen if you get a chance. I found it really good and it did a pretty good job of framing what I've seen in my life.  There's a significant number of black folks who are reflexively conservative, but recoil at the clear anti-black sentiment nurtured within some conservative circles.  Shit, people forget that even Jesse Jackson was pro-life early in his political career during his presidential runs.  We're witnessing it now with Trump how the horse race nature of politics forces people to root for their political team rather than considering issues one by one, and often leads to people adopting or co-opting beliefs they wouldn't otherwise if offered in a vacuum.  

Meant to post a link

Thanks man. Will definitely listen tomorrow on my way home. 
I didn’t forget Jesse was pro life. My mom voted for him in 84 and then flipped in 88. It was the first time she ever voted in a GOP primary and it was because of that. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn