Texas Rangers 2020

TeddyBearStallion

We need a complete tear down.   I can understand not trading Joey now because I think the haul for him shouldnt be thrown together at the last minute.  

However, it is an abject failure not to move Lynn imo.  I understand wanting to get value in return but every day from here on out he loses value.  Should've moved Minor last year and I'm afraid next year at this time we will be in the same boat with LL.  

I've long been a JD supporter but i'm done.  I dont want him or Kipp Fagg in charge of the rebuild. 

Oh and Bob and Ray can fuck right the fuck off

Edited by Post Oak
baseball is stupid and i hate it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

JD said the payroll in 2021 will be LOWER than 2020.

Not interested in competing at all.

So basically they’re going to replace Choi’s roster spot with Taveras and run it back next year with the same roster. Outstanding...

12 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

JD said the payroll in 2021 will be LOWER than 2020.

Not interested in competing at all.

Ultimately that may be for the best.  We weren't competing next year anyway. 

Maybe it forces them to look for deals for Elvis, Lynn and whoever else. 

We need to bottom out and let the kids play everyday.

Go all in one way or the other.  Fuck this purgatory we are in now.  

2 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

Any doubt that Nolan was the actual mastermind of our few successful years? JD is a statistical clown.

I don't think so at all. Daniels caught lightning in a bottle with the Tex trade early in his tenure as well as Hamilton and rode that for awhile. Especially when a lot of our talent was young and cheap. He is like Jerry Jones in the sense that he had his success and now is doing damage to the team with his moves and lack there of. I do not want Daniels any where near a rebuild but sadly, I don't think he is going anywhere. Our team is fucked for a long time.

• Outfielder Eli White is being called up from the alternate training site. With Odor on the IL, Nick Solak will continue to play second base, giving White a chance to join Leody Taveras and Joey Gallo in what has the potential to be a premium defensive outfield.

White was a strong candidate to make the Opening Day roster, but he was set back with a strained oblique muscle. That has since cleared up, and Daniels said White has been impressive in the alternate training site.

• The Rangers are also bringing back rookie Anderson Tejeda from the alternate training site. He has the ability to play second and shortstop.

The moves could be a sign the Rangers are running out of patience with Odor, who is signed for two more years at over $27 million but has hit .150/.198/.288 this season.

“I do think that these young guys can play and they're talented,” Daniels said. “Elvis will still play, but I do think it creates some competition where your performance dictates your playing time and not necessarily service time or contract. That's ultimately where we'd like to get to as we move forward.”

https://www.mlb.com/rangers/news/todd-frazier-robinson-chirinos-traded-by-rangers

20 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

Any doubt that Nolan was the actual mastermind of our few successful years? JD is a statistical clown.

Nolan has been an overpaid carnival barker/sideshow bob at both his MLB front office spots.   He’s benefited greatly from having a deep southern drawl, a bigger than life personality, a HOF career, and some deep pockets.   He’s as effective a coach/executive as Teddy Ballgame, with a longer leash because he wasn’t in the dugout actually managing the players.   I love Nolan, but he’s not much more than that in the grand scheme of things.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Nolan has been an overpaid carnival barker/sideshow bob at both his MLB front office spots.   He’s benefited greatly from having a deep southern drawl, a bigger than life personality, a HOF career, and some deep pockets.   He’s as effective a coach/executive as Teddy Ballgame, with a longer leash because he wasn’t in the dugout actually managing the players.   I love Nolan, but he’s not much more than that in the grand scheme of things.   

That may all be true, but JD has had zero success since Nolan was ran out of town. JD’s only redeeming quality is that he occasionally signs a bargain, injury-riddled comeback story. You need those type of players when the rest of the roster is swimming in idiotic contracts that were handed out after one season of fringe all star play (Odor).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Get ln My Van said:

That may all be true, but JD has had zero success since Nolan was ran out of town. JD’s only redeeming quality is that he occasionally signs a bargain, injury-riddled comeback story. You need those type of players when the rest of the roster is swimming in idiotic contracts that were handed out after one season of fringe all star play (Odor).

I agree, I’m just saying it want Nolan either. We just had a bunch of god talent and got really lucky with some moves early on in the process.  

47 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

3-game set with Lance... under. 

Gibson would at least make me pause. 

Shit I misread your tweet and thought it was a DH tuesday. didn’t see “opener”. Which now that I tho I about it doesn’t make much sense that it wouldn’t have started by the time I made the post.