2020 MLB thread

ss13

On 8/4/2020 at 6:07 PM, Beau Vine said:

Castellanos has gotten off to a huge start.  He's starting to look like a poor man's JD Martinez.

When I was living in Africa it seemed like the Tigers were always playing the only game that came on at a decent hour over there so I got had to watch a shit ton of their games in those days.  Liked him a lot back then and happy to see him with a good start this season.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I like the 7 inning double headers. I had the Marlins game on in the background yesterday and I didn’t feel like it took anything away from the game. Double headers are weird to begin with. Seems like you should try to shorten it as much as possible without ruining the integrity of the game.

Also, I don’t hate this extra inning rule as much as I thought I would, but I would hate it a lot less if they started it in the 11th or 12th inning. Make the 10th inning normal baseball, and put the runner on 2nd starting in the 11th. Kinda like college football version of OT for MLB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Other than the MIA & STL outbreaks, has a single MLB player been ruled out with COVID since the regular season began? USA Today tracker shows none since July 22. Votto and Moustakas had concerns but turned out negative. Teams don't have to disclose names, but it would probably leak after a few days.