2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

29 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Since the game is over and we won, I'm happy to engage in criticism about the announcers. 

No matter what, these guys are light years better than the asshats at ESPN or FOX. I like Francoeur, he's fair-minded mostly. 

Dude, they said Kyle Tucker’s brother is also a highly rated prospect. 

Yeah, in Korea. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

This was my thought

dusty (or whoever is pulling the strings) hasnt exactlynlet Grienke go deep in games this year either 

I'm on board with Greinke having earned the right to pull himself when he knows he is done. And I was on board last year and the ALDS too. Both stupid moves.  If he thinks he can still pitch, he can still pitch. 

6 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

That or luhnow 

and welcome to the club, Zack.

i’ve been throwing that since Oct 29, 2019

I love AJ but that’s will sting forever 

Cole in Game 7 last year will always stick in my mind.  He was justifiably salty over it.   Best pitcher in baseball(arguably) and he's riding the pine at ultimate crunch time... there is no Game 8.

Conversely, Baker pulling Urquidy at 75 pitches when he was otherwise cruising on Tuesday was a bit perplexing as well.

Managers tend to overthink things.  Dusty's not immune to said phenomenon, by any means.

Edited by slorch

7 minutes ago, elfenix said:

someone else shits the bed so pull the pitcher felt like a bad idea at the time. 

Yep. The only thing I will say for him is with a 1 run lead and 1st and 2nd with no outs he probably thought he needed strikeouts and to limit contact and figured Urquidy wasn't his best option for that at that time.  That's my guess as to the thought process. 

15 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

Garcia has good stuff but man this is going to be tough.  I'd prefer Framber on short rest than rolling the dice like this.

Framber has been great but three days rest is pushing it for him. I don't think I could ask him to do that.