Do We Have a Christ Followers Thread?

ernest_t_bass

6 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

My district had a teacher introduce gender/pronouns to 5 year olds. The parents managed to shut that down very quickly, but you’d be surprised what some teachers will tell little children. 

Yet, people blissfully bring kids to hear about the sexual status of long dead people and their sins and speak of the accomplishments of a man as he cut his way through the middle east and murdered every man, woman, and child in his path or behind it.   

I also am fine with gender pronouns for 5 yr olds.  My son had a little trouble with gender pronouns when he was little preferring to call all people and toys he as his primary pronoun.  He used it on occasion but he was just his default.   Eventually we even used terms like, we and us, but you might call that communistic talk.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Y'all remember that thread in Board Discussion where so many pieces of shit were predicting that people would be banned left and right after a specific LGBT-related report/autoban feature was announced? Lmao

You seem like a very unhappy person.   I hope I’m wrong about that. 

• Fuck You 2

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I think you're bristling at someone and something you don't need to be bristling at.  You're not a believer -- that's all fine by me.  I'm not trying to turn you into one, not in the least.

But I'll argue with your assessment that you're "not a good man."  If you lead others, and you give a shit about it, then you are a good man.  You are leading, and influencing, by example.  That's reality, and it's a good thing.  Being "a good man" doesn't have to be viewed strictly through the lens of faith; shit, it's really limiting if we do that.

I also have no quibble with the rather hard stance that a stand for the Constitution is a stand for me, and every other person on this soil, to believe as they wish.  I think it's an incredibly important point, actually.  And I believe that it's a right worth fighting for.  But the MINUTE that one of those believers tries to impose THEIR beliefs on me, forcing me to live out THEIR beliefs (necessarily at the expense of mine), they are completely crossways with that point, and we've got a problem.  And in a society and a state that is run by openly Dominionist leaders....we've got a BIG problem.

I take humans other than myself and walk them through the worst imaginable ways they could die and bring them home to their families.

I don't care what god anyone prays to. I'm going to save human lives. Your god and I can have a nice chat later.

18 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

You want to ban me because I don’t want my little children taught about gender fluidity? Ridiculous.

Calling someone what they want to be called isn’t teaching your children about gender fluidity. Your pearl clutching is ridiculous and is likely damaging your children’s ability to understand the real world.

Its not just going to go away because you pretend trans people don’t exist.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Nice. You got me suspended a couple weeks ago, you’re threatening to ban me, and now you’re name calling knowing I can’t retaliate in kind. So in that vein, good luck and I wish you well. 

Name calling lol. You mean like intentionally ignoring the pronouns or names that someone wants to be called by?

Have I all of a sudden been magically transported to a state that doesn't consider me to be a child abuser as a matter of official policy? That isn't trying to target the care I provide and the patient population I serve? Am I suddenly in a state where I feel safe enough to stop for a rest while driving to see my parents? That doesn't have one of the most draconian abortion laws in the country?

A place where all of the above isn't driven by Christian fundamentalism and bigotry?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Calling someone what they want to be called isn’t teaching your children about gender fluidity. Your pearl clutching is ridiculous and is likely damaging your children’s ability to understand the real world.

Its not just going to go away because you pretend trans people don’t exist.

I don’t think anyone has any idea how to properly navigate this issue. It’s one of the reasons we have young men kicking the shit out of young women in sports. The rules are always changing and people act as if it’s somehow settled, but it simply isn’t. 

• Fuck You 3

Just now, Poe It Up said:

I don’t think anyone has any idea how to properly navigate this issue. It’s one of the reasons we have young men kicking the shit out of young women in sports. The rules are always changing and people act as if it’s somehow settled, but it simply isn’t. 

That has nothing to do with what I said. If Bobby wants to be called her why does that matter anymore than if Bobby said to call him Bob or Bobbie?

It doesn’t. You are teaching your kids to be openly disrespectful to other people. Pronouns aren’t teaching them about gender fluidity. You however are teaching them hate because you can’t just be decent to other people.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Matthew 7:12, dipshit

9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

That has nothing to do with what I said. If Bobby wants to be called her why does that matter anymore than if Bobby said to call him Bob or Bobbie?

It doesn’t. You are teaching your kids to be openly disrespectful to other people. Pronouns aren’t teaching them about gender fluidity. You however are teaching them hate because you can’t just be decent to other people.

Man these ads are annoying me. It would be different if a student asked to be called a her versus what happened. The teacher was preaching her ideology when it wasn’t necessary, so they nipped it in the bud. Of course, Bobby would never be allowed to go to the little girls bathroom, so none of it would really make any sense to the kids. 

• Fuck You 3

16 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Boo fucking hoo. The rules are always changing.

When looking for guidance, try classics like the Golden Rule. Or dust off chestnuts like “they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” Except really mean it this time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Man these ads are annoying me. It would be different if a student asked to be called a her versus what happened. The teacher was preaching her ideology when it wasn’t necessary, so they nipped it in the bud. Of course, Bobby would never be allowed to go to the little girls bathroom, so none of it would really make any sense to the kids. 

She was teaching her ideology by saying that some people like to be called certain things? Seriously explain to us how someone saying “x might want to be called they or them. And Bobby might want to be her. And that’s ok”. How is that a problem for you? How are you comfortable teaching your children to openly disrespect others because biology? Do you see how fucking dumb that is?

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

She was teaching her ideology by saying that some people like to be called certain things? Seriously explain to us how someone saying “x might want to be called they or them. And Bobby might want to be her. And that’s ok”. How is that a problem for you? How are you comfortable teaching your children to openly disrespect others because biology? Do you see how fucking dumb that is?

It’s not a problem, it’s just not practical. Being nice to Bobby is great and needs to be encouraged, but that’s a very small part of the equation. When you get down the brass tacks, Bobby isn’t actually a biological girl. 

• Fuck You 5

Just now, Poe It Up said:

We’re discussing chromosomes, not skin color. The two are very, very different. 

The bolded is a relatively recent distinction that most (but still not all) of American Christianity finally made.

You'll understand if the rest of us, when seeing the same old same old from American Christians, call it like we see it.  Or, you won't understand.  Either way, I don't give a fuck.  Sic semper bigots.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Actually it is pretty fucking easy to navigate.   It starts with a concept of respect.   My kids play with with the next door neighbors kids.  2 little boys being raised by 2 women.  No one makes a big thing of it.   My kids wore masks, we washed groceries, and carried around hand sanitizer all without being traumatized.  We didn't make a big thing of it.  You have a dominant influence on your children and how you react will teach them how to react.   I could rant and rave about common core math and how it was holding back my child, or I could just deal with it and teach him that this is just another way of teaching the subject AND that it is great that he has different ways to help him and others learn it.   I didn't make a big thing of it.

Yeah, the athlete situation is a little different, it also impacts relatively few people, which doesn't warrant nearly the attention it is getting.   The real situation is that people (including kids) were offing themselves and are being treated like shit/bullied.   But since you don't start from a position of respect and empathy, this will be difficult for you to understand.  Somehow people wanting to live their life their way is offensive to you.   Teaching kids to normalize some outlier behaviors and relationships as a way of reducing the stigma and ultimately trying to save lives and reduce bullying is just horrific to you.   

I do agree that some subjects are taught too young.  The Holocaust and slavery are blights on mankind.  I don't want my son to change how he sees his friends.  I just want him to be ignorant of the horrors a little longer.  When the school presented an option to read a book with elements of Anne Frank's experiences, I communicated with them that the imagery and emotions seemed a little too intense for my kiddo.  They liked my feedback and consulted with me about other books.   I didn't need to be a dick, lead a crusade, pretend I am a victim,  nor did I make a judgement for other families.   This is called mutual respect.   This is what grown-ups are supposed to do and model.   

Your type focuses so much on grooming and indoctrination, yet many of you are happy to take your kids to church and let them get bombarded with advertisements or eat food that has been manipulated to become nearly drug like for kids.  Shit, I have seen kids 4 yrs old drink soda.  That is a bigger problem.  That shit is addictive.

I’m definitely not offended by them, that’s not really what this is about. My issue is that it’s a discussion I want to have with my children and I’ll be afforded that opportunity. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The bolded is a relatively recent distinction that most (but still not all) of American Christianity finally made.

You'll understand if the rest of us, when seeing the same old same old from American Christians, call it like we see it.  Or, you won't understand.  Either way, I don't give a fuck.  Sic semper bigots.

I won’t see it, at all. Comparing the two is silly, but you know that. 

• Fuck You 1

What was "preaching her ideology," Poe? Why is it a conversation that you feel you need to have first? You can still tell your kids after they get home that the queers are icky and gross and the trans-queers are even weirder and ickier and make Daddy uncomfortable.

Edited by trauma babe
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Comparing the two is silly, but you know that.

Yeah, I mean....except that "Christianity" was/is literally used to justify bigotry in both cases.  You can pretend that it wasn't, but that doesn't change the reality.

Christianity: used to justify segregation and Jim Crow laws.

Christianity: used to justify banning interracial marriage.

Christianity: used to justify shunning and banning acknowledgement of gay and trans people.

Yeah, can't see how I'm picking up a common thread there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Yeah, the athlete situation is a little different, it also impacts relatively few people, which doesn't warrant nearly the attention it is getting.   The real situation is that people (including kids) were offing themselves and are being treated like shit/bullied.   But since you don't start from a position of respect and empathy, this will be difficult for you to understand. 

BINGO

Smooth transition from "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who heard the elementary teacher indoctrinating the children with her trans ideology" to "what about the athletes". Nobody thinks that the guy who didn't make the cut should be able to switch genders and mop up at the olympics, there's nuance and complexity and even prioritization to be done, like with everything else in life. If you just can't quite get past that and struggle with the idea of treating people with dignity and respect and raising your kids to do the same, it is not Jesus Christ who is sitting on your shoulder and whispering into your ear.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, trauma babe said:

What was "preaching her ideology," Poe? Why is it a conversation that you feel you need to have first? You can still tell your kids after they get home that the queers are icky and gross and the trans-queers are even weirder and ickier and makes Daddy uncomfortable.

I don’t think they’re gross. I’ve already explained that I’d prefer to control the narrative because there is a ton of misinformation and it’s a very confusing issue. But again, I’m saying the same thing over and over. I don’t think any of us will change our minds. We’re all doing then best we can with our children and I’m sorry if I unduly upset you. I’m probably going to bow out of this conversation because I love the football board and I’m on the verge of being banned for my beliefs. I wish you guys well. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

21 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

It’s not a problem, it’s just not practical. Being nice to Bobby is great and needs to be encouraged, but that’s a very small part of the equation. When you get down the brass tacks, Bobby isn’t actually a biological girl. 

Who gives a shit? What does that have to do with calling someone what they ask to be called? 
That doesn’t teach your kid that they are biologically a girl. It teaches you kid that they have a name or pronoun they like to be called. 
Again you still are unable to explain why it is a problem. You’re shitty to other people. And you want to be able to shitty without feeling bad. So you hide behind bullshit and say it’s about the children when in reality it’s about you being uncomfortable. Grow up

23 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I don’t think they’re gross. I’ve already explained that I’d prefer to control the narrative because there is a ton of misinformation and it’s a very confusing issue. But again, I’m saying the same thing over and over. I don’t think any of us will change our minds. We’re all doing then best we can with our children and I’m sorry if I unduly upset you. I’m probably going to bow out of this conversation because I love the football board and I’m on the verge of being banned for my beliefs. I wish you guys well. 

Your beliefs are why trans children attempt suicide at a rate of over 50% of them. Your beliefs are why you are "confused" about the issue. Your beliefs are the cause of the misinformation spread and the state-sponsored violence against families with trans children in Texas. Your beliefs are bad, gross, and un-Christian, as is your refusal to seriously examine them. If there is any truth to the gospel message, you will be judged for this and turned away from.

Children are not confused by gender noncomformity because they have a fucking imagination and naturally empathize with other children when given permission to use that imagination.

Fuck you, fuck Sack, fuck GRU, and fuck the multitude of other active/no longer posting homophobic and transphobic bigots that still throw out slurs and hateful rhetoric without a thought to the actual damage that those beliefs and expressions ultimately lead to in real kids' lives. It's a moral stain on this board and on the University of Texas that the majority of posters haven't run y'all off. You cannot tolerate intolerance.

Edited by trauma babe
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I fucking knew it. Of course. 

17 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Anyone claiming to love the football board is most definitely a troll. 

Idiot. You meant idiot. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

This post is so fucking stupid. Why does the last sentence matter at all to you? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

I’m definitely not offended by them, that’s not really what this is about. My issue is that it’s a discussion I want to have with my children and I’ll be afforded that opportunity. 

who is stopping you?

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

Fuck you, fuck Sack, fuck GRU, and fuck the multitude of other active/no longer posting homophobic and transphobic bigots that still throw out slurs and hateful rhetoric without a thought to the actual damage that those beliefs and expressions ultimately lead to in real kids' lives. 

Stigmata?

17 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Your beliefs are why trans children attempt suicide at a rate of over 50% of them. Your beliefs are why you are "confused" about the issue. Your beliefs are the cause of the misinformation spread and the state-sponsored violence against families with trans children in Texas. Your beliefs are bad, gross, and un-Christian, as is your refusal to seriously examine them. If there is any truth to the gospel message, you will be judged for this and turned away from.

Children are not confused by gender noncomformity because they have a fucking imagination and naturally empathize with other children when given permission to use that imagination.

Fuck you, fuck Sack, fuck GRU, and fuck the multitude of other active/no longer posting homophobic and transphobic bigots that still throw out slurs and hateful rhetoric without a thought to the actual damage that those beliefs and expressions ultimately lead to in real kids' lives. It's a moral stain on this board and on the University of Texas that the majority of posters haven't run y'all off. You cannot tolerate intolerance.

Aren’t you the one who has repeatedly said on this website you’re retirement plan is to commit suicide?   That sadness grieves my heart.  I was miserable too until I started walking with Christ.  I strongly recommend you let Him in your heart and accept him as your savior.  

• Fuck You 2

43 minutes ago, F250 said:

Pretty relevant to the discussion.

Yeah, good luck with that, I'm sure it's great filmmaking but won't change a damn thing. If those are legitimately ordained catholic priests I sense mass excommunications on the horizon. 

Just now, 'stache said:

Yeah, good luck with that, I'm sure it's great filmmaking but won't change a damn thing. If those are legitimately ordained catholic priests I sense mass excommunications on the horizon. 

Not likely to happen under Pope Francis.

23 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Aren’t you the one who has repeatedly said on this website you’re retirement plan is to commit suicide?   That sadness grieves my heart.  I was miserable too until I started walking with Christ.  I strongly recommend you let Him in your heart and accept him as your savior.  

OR....and I'm just spitballing here....if you REALLY find the suicidal ideation of tortured and shunned trans people to be sad, MAYBE....just MAYBE...you would stop unquestioningly and relentlessly supporting people who use trans people as a punching bag over and over and over, and who demand that they be treated as non-entities by society and all of our institutions.

I mean, if you are really saddened by a group of people being driven to suicide, it SEEMS like you'd want to put a stop to the thing driving them to suicide.  Instead, you help the cruelty push down on the gas pedal.

And y'all wonder why people think Christians are cruel hypocrites.

Actually, you don't wonder.  You know.  You just don't care.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 10/6/2022 at 1:51 PM, Poe It Up said:

Because gender fluidity requires one to suspend reality and that’s confusing for little children. 

https://historicengland.org.uk/research/inclusive-heritage/lgbtq-heritage-project/trans-and-gender-nonconforming-histories/

This is not some new phenomenon. If a human being is born and feels strongly that he/she identifies more with living as the other sex, or as non-binary, who the fuck are you to say that talking about it creates confusion?

Have you ever thought about the fact that for those individuals, their entire existence is confusing?

If you really think elementary school teachers are “convincing” kids that would otherwise not be “gender fluid” (or whatever label you want to put on a broad range of many, many people) to become like that, you’re delusional. 

In my humble opinion, giving those kids a safe place to express themselves and talk about their feelings is 10000000x more important than some bogey-man paranoia that Mrs. Brown is turning Little Johnny gay. 

Or is your opinion that it’s not real, and this is an indoctrination of the left to win some culture war? I would really like to understand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

So home school your kids. Problem solved. Or should the non-binary kids be forced to stay home or just not talk about their feelings at school? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Almost any queer person who grows up in a church—excluding some denominations/churches who are chill—will have spent hours and hours crying and sobbing about how unclean they think they are because of the feelings they are experiencing, can't stop experiencing, and have been told are some of the worst feelings you can have.  Praying to God "why did you make me this way" etc etc etc and things like that.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

https://historicengland.org.uk/research/inclusive-heritage/lgbtq-heritage-project/trans-and-gender-nonconforming-histories/

This is not some new phenomenon. If a human being is born and feels strongly that he/she identifies more with living as the other sex, or as non-binary, who the fuck are you to say that talking about it creates confusion?

Have you ever thought about the fact that for those individuals, their entire existence is confusing?

If you really think elementary school teachers are “convincing” kids that would otherwise not be “gender fluid” (or whatever label you want to put on a broad range of many, many people) to become like that, you’re delusional. 

In my humble opinion, giving those kids a safe place to express themselves and talk about their feelings is 10000000x more important than some bogey-man paranoia that Mrs. Brown is turning Little Johnny gay. 

Or is your opinion that it’s not real, and this is an indoctrination of the left to win some culture war? I would really like to understand. 

Kids also grow up reading princess stories and fairy tales that feature straight romantic relationships and often stereotypical gender roles.  And yet many still turn out gay or struggle with gender identity, because that's just who they are inherently. I can't imagine the confusion of being told what's "normal" and knowing they are different or "other" especially when they hear the specifics about how evil their thoughts are on Sundays with the threat of eternal torture. It truly breaks my heart to think what those kids go through. I used to suffer deep depression as a kid for having normal urges and masturbating having a very hardcore Catholic mother who was strangely focused on the sex based sins, always judging cousins who dared to live with boyfriends and girlfriends before marriage. I literally cried myself to sleep often. I may not have survived childhood had I been gay or had issues with gender identity which seems like it would have been ten times worse.  But the discussion continues that acknowledging homosexuality as normal and that struggles with gender identity are real is problematic to the scum of the earth people who act this way based on their ancient hand selected and poorly translated texts. Just terribly sad.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1