Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Shaka Edition

cdain3

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Drayton is a baller. I went to Vandegrift with him and Greg Brown. Drayton was the best IM player at UT these past 2 years. He could’ve gone to smaller colleges to play if he wanted to. Greg was a freshman when I was a senior, so he hadn’t gotten very far in the recruiting process. Roy Williams, Bill Self, and Shaka and Bamba came to our game against west lake. His dad played football at UT as a DB a while ago, and he grew up a Texas fan so we’ll be in this one.

Edited by dilloncp98

4 hours ago, Tree Fidy said:

Is the sound not in sync with the video?

Or am I missing something?

PS- Does Will Baker like:

1) Seasons & Politics?
2) The Beach & Asian Girls?
3) Mild Winters, Hot Summers, Live Music & His Mother's Cooking?

Just want to know in advance so that I don't get my hopes up.

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyree-Walker-46036041/

"Hillcrest Hoops" sounds like a very reputable institution of learning

Sounds like a school located on a street named "Hillcrest" that focuses on improving Scantron test scores by lowering the time it takes to bubble in the "hoops" on an answer sheet.

No?

1 minute ago, Ilovechickfila said:

I guess it would be the count on natural attrition every year aspect.  I don't see anyone from the current class leaving early outside of Hepa.  If he plays that well, then that's a good thing for the coming season, but i don't see him as an early exit candidate. 

Are you the guy who sank the half court shot at the drum and won a free year of chik fil a about 5 years ago?

5 hours ago, Ilovechickfila said:

I might be late on this, but how does the scholarship limit come into play if Baker commits and also McDaniels?

I see 11 scholarship players after Roach/Dylan leave.  2 committed guys to 13.  Are we expecting 1 or 2 transfers then?  Like Banks or an exemption for Jones?

This is going to be Jones last year at Texas. He will move on to the NBA, most likely the D-League. Wouldn't surprise me if Ferbes leaves either once his PT is cut to under 10 minutes a game for some unknown reason. Hamm probably leaves as well, as he has already been recruited over in both the 2018 and 2019 classes.

17 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Are you the guy who sank the half court shot at the drum and won a free year of chik fil a about 5 years ago?

if you're talking about me that was december of 2006. and it wasn't actually me, it was my old roommate who used to use my handle sometimes. it was pretty epic when he tackled the chik fil a cow.

Edited by Goo Punch

On 11/1/2018 at 10:52 AM, Goo Punch said:

if you're talking about me that was december of 2006. and it wasn't actually me, it was my old roommate who used to use my handle sometimes. it was pretty epic when he tackled the chik fil a cow.

I think he was going off the guys screen name