Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

1 minute ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

I'm confused about the dismissed "illegal weapon" charge.  From what I've read (on the internet, so it has to be true), this would only apply if he was carrying a short barreled rifle.  Since they have the gun in their possession and knew it wasn't a SBR, how can they charge him with that? 

Because the prosecutor is an idiot.  That the weapons charge was dismissed first thing this morning.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

But prosecutors know that if they throw enough against the wall, something will stick.

There are downsides to that approach and competent defense counsel knows how to exploit those weaknesses.

I am not sure this defense attorney is who I would want representing someone I care about. But his style may be what works in Wisconsin. He only needs one juror to walk in lockstep with his arguments. 

Apparently, the Defense hired one of OJ's jury experts who claims they have a slam-dunk juror for not guilty. That was a sharp move by the defense to hire the OJ consultant.  Smart. The defense understands the dynamics in play.

24 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

There are downsides to that approach and competent defense counsel knows how to exploit those weaknesses.

I am not sure this defense attorney is who I would want representing someone I care about. But his style may be what works in Wisconsin. He only needs one juror to walk in lockstep with his arguments. 

Apparently, the Defense hired one of OJ's jury experts who claims they have a slam-dunk juror for not guilty. That was a sharp move by the defense to hire the OJ consultant.  Smart. The defense understands the dynamics in play.

if the rifle dont fit you must acquit

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

Must be a cheese eating thing.

I would not have said kenosha is a community where you can shoot someone seven times and get away with it. That's the Blake case, which started this demonstration and counter-demonstration. Dumb.

Kenosha: Come for the rapists, molesters, and abusers, stay for the cheese. 

Kenosha:  I come here for the Knakworst.  

I would like to hear from the resident 1,370 Surly criminal attorneys.  And how this may alter case law with regard to justifiable homicides going forward. 

1 hour ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

I'm confused about the dismissed "illegal weapon" charge.  From what I've read (on the internet, so it has to be true), this would only apply if he was carrying a short barreled rifle.  Since they have the gun in their possession and knew it wasn't a SBR, how can they charge him with that? 

How could they charge with murder?

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, JBJ said:

As a left-handed shooter, I'm extremely pissed now.  There are definitely left-handed guns.

I'm a leftie too - with a coupla burn scars from hot shells on my forearm to prove it.  They make leftie guns, but for the longest time, they were hard as hell to find.  And I learned to operate a right-handed gun -- auto, bolt, doesn't matter -- as quickly and smoothly as a leftie, so it doesn't bother me.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm a leftie too - with a coupla burn scars from hot shells on my forearm to prove it.  They make leftie guns, but for the longest time, they were hard as hell to find.  And I learned to operate a right-handed gun -- auto, bolt, doesn't matter -- as quickly and smoothly as a leftie, so it doesn't bother me.

I grew up preferring  an over-under shotgun with thumb safety because at least it is ambidextrous.  Got a left-handed shotgun and never looked back.  My rifle is still right (bolt-action), and I shoot it left.  I am a also left eye dominant and don't think I could change.

12 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I grew up preferring  an over-under shotgun with thumb safety because at least it is ambidextrous.  Got a left-handed shotgun and never looked back.  My rifle is still right (bolt-action), and I shoot it left.  I am a also left eye dominant and don't think I could change.

What is wrong with you people?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You are in luck….

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/left-hand-ruger-1022-rifle/395682

• Like 1