Racial hysteria triumphs on campus - part 2

DocZaius

This was one of my favorite topics on the old site, surprised to see no one has resurrected it yet. 

Then again, making fun of dumb college students and professors is really going after the low-hanging fruit.  But whatever, it's entertaining.

Let's start with the fat cunt who couldn't react to Barbara Bush's passing with a modicum of class, or at least silence:

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article209197719.html

barbara.jpg

Here is the face of the modern American intellectual:

Screen-Shot-2018-04-18-at-11.45.56-AM-40

Here is some more racial hysteria on campus:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/04/19/syracuse-suspends-engineering-fraternity-for-racist-anti-semitic-homophobic-video/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1eebc05edde5

The young man on his knees then proceeds to make sexually explicit gestures as laughter erupts around him. Asked to recite “the oath,” he says: “f‑‑‑ black people” and uses a racial slur to describe a person of Hispanic descent.

“I solemnly swear,” he says, repeating after the standing fraternity member, “to always have hatred in my heart for …” He then says several racial slurs to describe African Americans, Hispanics and Jews.

The six-minute video was originally posted on a secret Facebook group associated with Theta Tau, an engineering fraternity at Syracuse University, according to the Daily Orange, the student newspaper, which made the video public on Wednesday.

In one of the videos, a fraternity member yells at other members to “get in the f‑‑‑in’ showers,” a reference to Nazis’ gas chambers. In other recordings, according to the Daily Orange, students can be heard mocking women, gay people and people with disabilities. All the while, several other students watch and laugh.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/university-of-texas-to-treat-masculinity-as-a-mental-health-issue/

Men at Texas, be more of a faggot and stop that toxic masculinity. 

The Counseling and Mental Health Center at the University of Texas at Austin recently launched a new program to help male students “take control over their gender identity and develop a healthy sense of masculinity.”

Treating masculinity as if it were a mental health crisis, “MasculinUT” is organized by the school’s counseling staff and most recently organized a poster series encouraging students to develop a “healthy model of masculinity.”

The program is predicated on a critique of so-called “restrictive masculinity.” Men, the program argues, suffer when they are told to “act like a man” or when they are encouraged to fulfill traditional gender roles, such as being “successful” or “the breadwinner.”

"Act like a man" is bad for millenials. Ahahahahahah Texas will never really change, but it's hilarious to watch shitlibs grab headlines with their pure lunacy.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Click on the link. This program is not treating masculinity as a mental health crisis. Not surprisingly, Smokey 1861 is posting a misleading link. 

Seriously. Click the actual link. What specifically are you opposed to?

The best part was the job posting for the Texas Masculinty Coordinator.  One of the acceptable degrees was Women’s Studies. What the fuck?

i guess people with those worthless degrees have to have make work jobs in government or academia. 

Edited by Johnny Sack

21 hours ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/university-of-texas-to-treat-masculinity-as-a-mental-health-issue/

Men at Texas, be more of a faggot and stop that toxic masculinity. 

So the justification for the program is that they believe masculinity inevitably leads to men lashing out at others and themselves, yet there is no evidence for such a claim. Hell, similar programs at other universities readily admit as much, so what am I missing here? It sounds like a gigantic waste of time and effort. 

The Masculinity Coordinator should be a former Marine drill instructor credited with the creation of the successful "Zero Tolerance for Pussies" program.  His (and it needs to be a man) mission needs to be to implement his program for dorm weenies who don't have the benefit of a good fraternity hazing program.

Berkeley student senator proposes all student government funding for Berkeley College Republicans be reallocated to Black Student Union.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10831&utm_campaign=CampusWire&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=62528201&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9rgiSimW0vxClowPDiTDpuaYpRE2fE7WmSrbThZW3DFuWP6-9WyPhDDbZ3BG9kx3ZS1mtPIeG0anhm5xNan2wnbSK5rA&_hsmi=62528201

A University of California, Berkeley Student Senator proposed that all student government funding for the Berkeley College Republicans be reallocated to the Black Student Union.

According to The Daily Californian, Senator Rizza Estacio made an amendment to the proposed budget allocations to student organizations and university groups which would eliminate the $1,000 funding for the BCR and add it to the budget for the BSU. 

Estacio said that her reasoning for the reallocation is because the BCRs “have violated a lot of, like, lead center rules during like free speech week,” adding that because of this, the organization does not deserve funding from the ASUC.

The proposal was met with murmurs of agreement from across the room, but some senators were concerned with the possible legal obstacles to the amendment.

“I believe there are genuine concerns about the legal implications of taking away funding from BCR,” cautioned Senator Taehan Lee.

This concern was echoed by Matthew Lewis, ASUC housing commissioner, who stated that while he disagrees with the College Republicans, he fears the reallocation would result in a lawsuit.

“Before I speak I just want to acknowledge that people have feelings about wanting to defund BCR are very valid; they are a terrible organization,” said Lewis. “What will happen inevitably in court is not only will the courts order be for the ASUC to fund BCR, they’ll probably also order the ASUC to fund BCR at a higher amount, which would mean cuts to other student groups who actually deserve the money.”

Another ASUC Senator, Megha Torpunuri, also voiced opposition to the amendment, stating that it is clear targeting of an organization.

“I think this is baseless and woeful targeting of an organization,” Torpunuri said, “and I will not stand for that with any student organization here on campus, especially as a finance committee senator.”

The Berkeley College Republicans told Campus Reform that the club will consider legal options, if necessary, as its members have done in the past when their rights have been violated.

“The Berkeley College Republicans continue to take those who destroy our private property and violate our unalienable rights to court, and we will exercise legal routes to remedy instances of political discrimination,” the club declared.

According to the report, the ASUC Senate will vote on this amendment on Thursday.

Campus Reform has reached out to Estacio and UC-Berkeley, but has not received a response

Student senator at Columbia proposes same thing.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10086

The Columbia University College Republicans are under investigation after student government officials voted Sunday to report the group to the Student Conduct Office.

In a resolution passed Sunday night, the Columbia College Student Council voted to file a discrimination and harassment report against CUCR, citing the group’s invitation of conservative speakers such as Tommy Robinson and Mike Cernovich.

The resolution was made after Columbia student Braxton Gutner, leader of the school’s Black Students Organization, came to the meeting to call for CUCR to be defunded.

Gutner urged students to support a petition demanding that Columbia “deem CUCR ineligible to receive [funding],” and to “redistribute” their funding to “self-identified Muslim groups,” and “people of color focused groups.”

Instead of supporting Gutner’s calls for CUCR to be defunded, student government leaders instead voted to file a complaint with the Student Conduct Office, a move which CUCR president Ari Boosalis compares to being investigated for “thought-crime.”

“This is a direct attack on our existence,” Boosalis told Campus Reform in an interview. “They’re doing it because we think differently.”

Boosalis worries that this move by the student government “sets a precedent for students to silence other groups on campus,” saying, “They want to silence the speech of anyone who's Christian, conservative, who believes in free market values.”

It is unclear what the state of the investigation is currently, or what the potential recourse could be for CUCR if the club is found guilty, but the group still plans to host former lobbyist Jack Abramoff on November 14, and Adam Carolla and Dennis Prager on November 28.

Campus Reform reached out to the Columbia University administration, the Black Students Organization, and the Columbia Class Student Council, but did not receive any responses in time for publication.

In some welcome news, Fed. Court in Cali ruled that Berkeley has to face the lawsuit filed by 2-3 conservative groups (original suit declined by Fed. Judge in 10/2017, they had 30 days to amend their petition, did so, and now it's accepted).  Lawsuit contends that Berkeley uses its High Profile policy to discriminate against conservative speakers... this primarily involves a few recent speakers, where the plaintiffs say that security fees charged for conservative events/groups are often much higher and "force" those events into backwater, much smaller, etc. venues than progressive/liberal events/speakers.

Berkeley's News | The Daily Californian

SUNDAY, APRIL 29, 2018

Federal judge rules that UC Berkeley must face free speech lawsuit

Sather Gate Cal Day

BY ALYSSA BERNARDINO | STAFF

LAST UPDATED 7 HOURS AGO

A federal judge denied UC Berkeley’s request to dismiss a lawsuit alleging that the campus discriminated against conservative speakers, such as Ann Coulter and Milo Yiannopoulos, Wednesday.

The plaintiffs, Young America’s Foundation, or YAF, and Berkeley College Republicans, or BCR, attempted to file a similar lawsuit against UC Berkeley in April 2017 after the cancellation of Ann Coulter’s speaking event, but this lawsuit was dismissed in October 2017 by a federal judge. In the ruling, BCR and YAF were given 30 days to amend their original complaint.

BCR and YAF are allowed to proceed with their amended complaint, according to Judge Maxine Chesney’s ruling Wednesday. The revisions addressed the campus’s high-profile speaker and major events policies, according to YAF spokesperson Spencer Brown.

“UC Berkeley has used its infamous unwritten and unpublished High Profile Speaker Policy to repeatedly suppress conservative speech on campus,” Brown said in a statement issued Thursday. “In Wednesday’s ruling, the court found sufficient factual allegations for YAF’s First Amendment and Fourteenth Amendment claims to move forward to trial.”

In the lawsuit, BCR and YAF alleged that the campus uses an “unwritten” policy regarding speakers that is both “impermissibly vague” and unconstitutional.

The campus “strongly denies” that a secret “High Profile Speaker Policy,” as it is referred to in the lawsuit, exists and will continue to dispute any related claims, according to a statement provided by campus spokesperson Dan Mogulof.

Brown said in the press release that the campus will have to answer for its “unconstitutional application” of the major events policy to suppress conservative speech. In an interview with The Daily Californian, he added that the campus imposed “unreasonable restrictions” during Ben Shapiro’s speaking event in September 2017.

“We believe the allegations made by the plaintiffs in this lawsuit are unfounded,” Mogulof said. “Berkeley does not discriminate against speakers invited by student organizations based upon viewpoint.”

The ruling allowed the plaintiffs to challenge the approximately $9,000 security fee that the campus imposed for the Shapiro event, according to Mogulof. The campus spent more than $800,000 on security expenses to safeguard that same event, Mogulof added.

“The campus strongly contends that the fees charged were lawful and appropriate,” Mogulof said in the statement. “This ruling does not conclude otherwise.”

Brown said the campus violated the 1st and 14th Amendments, as evidenced by the different ways in which it treats liberal speakers such as Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor and conservative speakers such as Shapiro.

“The campus is committed to ensuring that student groups may hold events with speakers of their choosing, and it has expended significant resources to allow events to go forward without compromising the safety or security of the campus,” Mogulof added. “The campus will continue to vigorously defend itself against these allegations.”

Brown said he was “really optimistic” about winning the case and that there is “significant evidence” for constitutional violations.

“This court case isn’t just to reclaim free speech rights of conservative students,” said BCR External Vice President Naweed Tahmas, “but to uphold the right of every student to be able to invite anyone they would like without facing unlawful restriction.”

http://www.dailycal.org/2018/04/29/federal-judge-rules-uc-berkeley-must-face-free-speech-lawsuit/

• Like 1

A University of California, Berkeley Student Senator proposed that all student government funding for the Berkeley College Republicans be reallocated to the Black Student Union.

According to The Daily Californian, Senator Rizza Estacio made an amendment to the proposed budget allocations to student organizations and university groups which would eliminate the $1,000 funding for the BCR and add it to the budget for the BSU. 

Estacio said that her reasoning for the reallocation is because the BCRs “have violated a lot of, like, lead center rules during like free speech week,” adding that because of this, the organization does not deserve funding from the ASUC.

The proposal was met with murmurs of agreement from across the room, but some senators were concerned with the possible legal obstacles to the amendment.

“I believe there are genuine concerns about the legal implications of taking away funding from BCR,” cautioned Senator Taehan Lee.

This concern was echoed by Matthew Lewis, ASUC housing commissioner, who stated that while he disagrees with the College Republicans, he fears the reallocation would result in a lawsuit.

Before I speak I just want to acknowledge that people have feelings about wanting to defund BCR are very valid; they are a terrible organization,” said Lewis. “What will happen inevitably in court is not only will the courts order be for the ASUC to fund BCR, they’ll probably also order the ASUC to fund BCR at a higher amount, which would mean cuts to other student groups who actually deserve the money.”

Another ASUC Senator, Megha Torpunuri, also voiced opposition to the amendment, stating that it is clear targeting of an organization.

“I think this is baseless and woeful targeting of an organization,” Torpunuri said, “and I will not stand for that with any student organization here on campus, especially as a finance committee senator.”

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10831

Edited by PittsburghTiger

1 minute ago, TtomTerrific said:

or I could stay here and rage against what is happening to my beloved University and scream at clouds. I 

Raging against "what is happening to my beloved University" sounds oddly familiar. It's almost like we've heard that from Texas alumni in the past. I just can't seem to remember when that might have been.

The MasculineUT program seems to be geared at helping the guys that are vulnerable to the Red Pill movement. Which is probably a good thing because those guys are loons.

With that said, the "act like a man box" appears to be more of a caricature of notions of masculinity and should be renamed "act like an asshole box."

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Do you remember when large swaths of Texas alums were concerned for their "beloved University" in the past? You're a smart guy, when was that? I can't put my finger on it.

Mack Brown 2010-2013 and Charlie Strong post Notre Dame game 2016 seasons?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Do you remember when large swaths of Texas alums were concerned for their "beloved University" in the past? You're a smart guy, when was that? I can't put my finger on it.

No I don’t remember. Texas integrated 30 years before I matriculated. 

Texas is now run by left wing radicals.  Not democrats or liberals. But radicals. 

I was concerned when Fenves and Company gave credence to that bullshit sexual assault survey last year. Now this. 

I am not in their favored demographic.  Unless they are calling for donations. Fuck them. Not another penny until some sanity returns.  And I’m not the only one who feels that way. 

• Like 5

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

No I don’t remember. Texas integrated 30 years before I matriculated. 

Texas is now run by left wing radicals.  Not democrats or liberals. But radicals. 

I was concerned when Fenves and Company gave credence to that bullshit sexual assault survey last year. Now this. 

I am not in their favored demographic.  Unless they are calling for donations. Fuck them. Not another penny until some sanity returns.  And I’m not the only one who feels that way. 

Good.

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Good.

Yep. Good. They don’t like me or my family. They don’t need our money or our foundation’s money. I think the University of Texas should stay radical left and limit donations from 75 percent of the people in Texas with money.  Fucking bold strategy, Cotton. 

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Yep. Good. They don’t like me or my family. They don’t need our money or our foundation’s money. I think the University of Texas should stay radical left and limit donations from 75 percent of the people in Texas with money.  Fucking bold strategy, Cotton. 

We'll miss you.

Bye.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You could also stop posting here.  Since you hate the University and all that.  

20 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Raging against "what is happening to my beloved University" sounds oddly familiar. It's almost like we've heard that from Texas alumni in the past. I just can't seem to remember when that might have been.

Comparing this silly and inconsequential class to integration is remarkable. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Comparing this silly and inconsequential class to integration is remarkable. 

Doing so in the racial hysteria thread is even better. 

I'd add that I think the stuff that runs on Fox and shows up here is a little bit overblown and not representative of these institutions. I'd bet that the typical student, even outside of STEM, doesn't really deal much with this unless they're looking for it.