Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Just catching up here, but he's getting off with a 300k fine and community service?  Really?  After almost a decade of indictments?  This...does not bode well for anything in our justice system.

the fact he didn't have to enter a guilty or even nolo contendere plea to get this sweet deal makes my blood boil.

Now he’s looking for a link between Boeing’s quality problems and diversity. As he becomes more popular by the day in Texas, he is without a doubt the most loathsome AG in America:

DALLAS (AP) — The Texas attorney general has opened an investigation into a key Boeing supplier that is already facing scrutiny from federal regulators over quality of parts that it provides to the aircraft maker.

The office of Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said it began looking into Spirit AeroSystems because of “apparent manufacturing defects” in parts that “have led to numerous concerning or dangerous incidents.”

In a statement Friday, a Spirit spokesman said, “While we do not comment on investigations, Spirit is wholly focused on providing the highest quality products to all our customers, to include the Boeing Company.”

Paxton asked the Wichita, Kansas-based supplier to turn over documents produced since the start of 2022 about communication with investors and Boeing about flaws in parts and corrective steps the company took.

The request goes into detail in seeking internal discussions around Spirit’s efforts to create a diverse workforce “and whether those commitments are unlawful or are compromising the company’s manufacturing processes.” Paxton asked for a breakdown of Spirit's workforce by race, sexual orientation and other factors, and whether the makeup has changed over time

Lmao I remember when Ken got off on his impeachment, the "trust the system" people kept chiding the thread that Ken still had his federal charges looming over him.

Why do we even have laws? (Rhetorical)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 3/26/2024 at 6:28 PM, YGIFS said:

Oh ye of little faiths.  Or yees.  Plural?  Yees?  Yeets?  Dammit, I had something for this.  He'll wreak more havoc.  As you've noticed he's been on a particularly wild bender as of late, even for him.  With regard to lawsuits and claims and suits and general buffoonery.  And yes, we are absolutely stuck with him for several years and he may even run for an even higher office.  And he'll probably win it.  But I promise you with 95% certainty...they are coming for him once he leaves office.  The people he crossed live to right the wrongs done against them.  His only recourse is to remain in public office because they don't target elected officials, particularly those in law enforcement. It won't be this cycle, or even the next.  And he'll visit much hatred and pain onto the people of Texas.  But take some solace in the fact that they will implement horrific suffering to him.  His last days will be some of the worst days of any human being in history has ever experienced.  He is a cornered rat and we'll have to live with him for awhile.  But eventually, he's going to get caught in a trap.  And that trap is a week-long 'experiment' in suffering. 

What is this cartel stuff? I always see you alluding to it, but I don't know if you ever laid out the connection. 

Is he somehow our states' most loathsome political figure? There are soooo many to choose from, hard to pick just one.

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The request goes into detail in seeking internal discussions around Spirit’s efforts to create a diverse workforce “and whether those commitments are unlawful or are compromising the company’s manufacturing processes.” Paxton asked for a breakdown of Spirit's workforce by race, sexual orientation and other factors, and whether the makeup has changed over time

racist comedy central GIF

lisa kudrow man GIF by The Comeback HBO

Seriously, Paxton now has no constraints.  Expect him to go after the demographic records of any company he doesn't like or thinks will win him brownie points with MAGA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, safe sex said:

Lmao I remember when Ken got off on his impeachment, the "trust the system" people kept chiding the thread that Ken still had his federal charges looming over him.

He's going to hard in hopes that Trump keeps noticing him and that, if somehow Trump won, Trump will protect him.

Trump won't win, but if he did, he'd absolutely elevate Paxton and get the federal stuff shut down.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, safe sex said:

To be honest, these charges were kinda chickenshit from the get go. The SEC declined to charge him criminally and Texas rarely charges these kinds of things. 

While it is quite amazing how he was able to delay the case, it is also somewhat amazing that he was charged in the first place and pursued for so long. The fact that the special prosecutor was getting paid (admittedly a pittance) may have had something to do with it. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 6:56 PM, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Ok sure, but my comment was personal to him. I have quite a bit of familiarity with the guy and he's a certain... strain... of defense attorney. The kind that quotes Shakespeare in his briefs, name-drops continually, and dances up to the edge of outright misrepresentations to the court 

On 3/26/2024 at 4:32 PM, Satchel said:

Pay attention, little people. The system is the solution…for the rich and powerful

Wice seems to get quite a few of these special prosecutor gigs and for some reason unauthorized practice of law cases. 

Any insight into that? lockquote widget

Edited by TwiceHorn

• 5 weeks later...

Ken + 2 staffers.  Ken in 1st class, staffers in coach+.  Less than one week of reservations.  That's gotta be $4,000.  2 nights hotel for all 3, Ken obviously in a nicer room by himself.  That's gotta be in Lower Manhattan on late notice or near Trump Tower, $3,000.  Ground transportation in Austin and EWR/JFK plus meals, per diem, misc. charges, taxes, fees, etc.  Another $2,000.  Plus at least another $1,000 'cause he's a fucking asshole.  So it's somewhere between $10,000-$15,000 as Reitz hinted at.  All of it charged to Texas taxpayers, plus probably some sort of "overtime" paid to the 2 staffers who accompanied him on the trip who claim to have worked 18 hours each of those 2 days on behalf of the AG, above and beyond their normal salaried duties.  

Be a shame if somebody passed along Reitz's breakdown to a journalist to FOIA this expense breakdown.  Most of Texas won't care, but it's just fun to watch Paxton wriggle.  Be another damn shame if the rumor gets floated that Nate Paul funded the whole trip for Ken and his team in order to curry favor with Trump so that if he wins, Nate gets a full pardon alongside Ken.  Would be a weird coincidence.  

2 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

I don't know if Paxton has any actual evidence of a crime being committed, but regardless this is a really shitty thing to do. How do you sleep at night, you fucking cockeyed carpetbagger.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/paxton-moves-to-shut-down-charity-housing-undocumented-migrants/

Once you realize that the modern GQP movement is the bona fide embodiment of the antichrist -- as in, it checks every damned box, it's uncanny, especially for those of us who don't even believe in the antichrist -- it all makes sense.  Ken Paxton is the embodiment of pure, selfish evil.  That's what it looks like - it looks exactly like Ken Paxton.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Once you realize that the modern GQP movement is the bona fide embodiment of the antichrist -- as in, it checks every damned box, it's uncanny, especially for those of us who don't even believe in the antichrist -- it all makes sense.  Ken Paxton is the embodiment of pure, selfish evil.  That's what it looks like - it looks exactly like Ken Paxton.

Yep. The GOP is nothing but a bunch of scared assholes chasing after the votes of complete dumbasses who freak out at the sight of brown people.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Yep. The GOP is nothing but a bunch of scared assholes chasing after the votes of complete dumbasses who freak out at the sight of brown people.

It's the "just plain mean" that blows me away, still. It's his only fucking brand.

Paxton is the most powerful politician in Texas right now (I'm not kidding -- he's untouchable (that's been proven), and Abbott and Patrick are both scared shitless of him and will do whatever he tells them to do).  And he's the worst, shitheelest politician in Texas history.  Yes, I know there's a lot of historical competition - but I stand by that superlative.

• Rage+1 1

• 2 weeks later...

simon cowell facepalm GIF

We should just go ahead and start saying "Nate Paul didn't kill himself" now, in case Trump somehow wins (he won't).

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/donald-trump-says-hed-consider-ken-paxton-for-u-s-attorney-general/

Former President Donald Trump said he would consider tapping Ken Paxton for U.S. attorney general if he wins a second term in the White House, calling his longtime ally “a very talented guy” and praising his tenure as Texas’ chief legal officer.

“I would, actually,” Trump said Saturday when asked by a KDFW-TV reporter if he would consider Paxton for the national post. “He’s very, very talented. I mean, we have a lot of people that want that one and will be very good at it. But he’s a very talented guy.”

Paxton has long been a close ally of Trump, famously waging an unsuccessful legal challenge to Trump’s 2020 election loss in four battleground states. He also spoke at the pro-Trump rally that preceded the deadly U.S. Capitol riot in January 2021.

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

simon cowell facepalm GIF

We should just go ahead and start saying "Nate Paul didn't kill himself" now, in case Trump somehow wins (he won't).

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/donald-trump-says-hed-consider-ken-paxton-for-u-s-attorney-general/

That pick is actually a no-brainer for both of them. Paxton is a criminal who needs the cover of higher office.  Trump is a criminal who needs a DOJ that will 1) protect him at all costs, and 2) distract from his malfeasance and be a weapon against his opponents (you know, what they currently accuse the DOJ of doing, but it's not actually doing).  It's a match made in hell.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We have such rockets launching out of Texas...and I would be okay with sacrificing a number of sea turtles and birds if somebody did it.

I would choke the life out of a Kemp's Ridley with my bare hands as I stared into its pleading eyes if that task would put an end to Paxton's days as a public figure.  It would 100% be worth it.

• Like 1

so the hash browns would be scattered, smothered, covered, and whiskey'd?  I'm in! 

I gotta give these dipshits partial credit.  I've spent years doing workout deals to get companies either back on track or attractive enough to sell.  And Trump comes along and says, "No, no.  We won't have any of that."  And he finds the best restructuring plan in human history, he gets elected President and maintains all of his business and credit lines.  Paxton works with Nate Paul to launder money through real estate for 2 Mexican drug cartels and Ken can't be touched because they don't touch U.S. elected officials and Nate gets told his family will suffer dearly if he flips on Ken by said Cartels.  

I mean you sit around a conference room table and reshuffle paper debt and term sheets all you want, but these guys have reinvented the wheel.  Next time you're in some serious shit...for just $150,000---you can get enough e-signature farms to show up on one state's ballot for POTUS as an Independent.  Then when they come for you because of your other crimes, you can just shout, "Political persecution!  I am being targeted in an election cycle by a corrupt justice system to prevent me from serving the people!"  And it will absolutely work.  

Presidential Immunity is a real thing.  I get it.  It's a cost of doing business in a Democracy.  But when you're just perpetually running for office and anything comes to light, and you just shout "Election Interference!", that's not a slippery slope.  That's a disintegration of our Republic.  For $150,000...I can get any poster here on a POTUS ballot in some random Red State.  And the next day you can use your "election funds" to have somebody murdered and nothing can happen to you because you're running for office and court appearances would interfere with the will of the people.   

We are about to cross the Rubicon.   

• Rage+1 1

So we're getting to eat  hash browns and Kim's ass?  I'm in!  

Our mutual colleague is running for statewide chair now since Paxton raided all the TCRP funds.  Always a great idea when Juarez is looking for its gratuity.  I honestly wish him well, he's better than most of the folks in GOP leadership.  And I didn't realize his ex-wife moved up to policy director for Dan Patrick.  Good for her.  Somebody intelligent needs to run that shop while Dan is off picking out new pants suits and Subarus.  

A lot can change but as of today, were Trump to win…Paxton would get a more prominent appointment To AG.  I think Abbott probably gets Court of Appeals and Cruz gets a SCOTUS seat when Thomas, Alito, or Sotomayor dies.  Good news is they all leave Texas.  Bad news is Trump is president again and they control the nation, not just the Lone Star State

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

With this talk of Abbott Paxton being Trump's AG, Abbott has to be even more furious, and will be even shittier to Texans than he normally is.  Trump ain't showing him any love.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

A lot can change but as of today, were Trump to win…Paxton would get a more prominent appointment To AG.  I think Abbott probably gets Court of Appeals and Cruz gets a SCOTUS seat when Thomas, Alito, or Sotomayor dies.  Good news is they all leave Texas.  Bad news is Trump is president again and they control the nation, not just the Lone Star State

Shit, I meant Paxton being Trump's AG.

Abbott ain't getting shit because he's in a wheelchair and he's too stupid to understand that.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

With this talk of Abbott being Trump's AG, Abbott has to be even more furious, and will be even shittier to Texans than he normally is.  Trump ain't showing him any love.

no way in hell is trump going to have a person in a wheelchair around him. it's bad look for the trump brand and just a bummer 

there's only room on stage for one guy in a diaper !!!!

If Trump is elected and appoints Paxton as AG I hope the senate bashes his ass and refuses to confirm him. Paxton as AG would provide the cover required for Trump to have the absolute immunity he’s looking for. It’s so very dangerous to our nation that of course it’s going to happen. How fun. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, That Guy said:

If Trump is elected and appoints Paxton as AG I hope the senate bashes his ass and refuses to confirm him. Paxton as AG would provide the cover required for Trump to have the absolute immunity he’s looking for. It’s so very dangerous to our nation that of course it’s going to happen. How fun. 

Like that would make one bit of difference.  If dotard gets back in office, all checks and balances are gone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

Trump will just name him "acting" AG to avoid the Senate.

25 minutes ago, South Austin said:

My guess is that Trump threw Paxton a bite of kibble because he was in Texas.  He's not going to nominate an eye-cripple for such an important and visible position.

Have you even seen a photo of Eric Trump, bro?