Kenyatta Watson

Pancho

Fundamentally I understand that kids entering the portal really aren’t playing, but do kids actively in the portal still practice? Dress? Travel? Etc? Have they basically quit or are they still participating. Has to be awkward as hell if you’re in it and still amongst your team. 

11 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, how many players who transferred to another team, besides Beuchele, have had a great career and got drafted?

Jalen Hurts seemed to do pretty well. SIAP 

On the one hand, I can see the portal being misused by certain athletes. Thinking that a transfer will increase their draft status when in fact they may be mediocre players not likely to be drafted. Or just entitled whiny guys.

I really don’t think that is the case for most players. Since I want UConn Tom Herman gone, I’d say it’s an indictment of HIS program and HIS failure as a HC and HIS inability to develop the players HE recruited to campus. That’s how I choose to see anyone escaping the program because I think Tom is a fraud. The NFL draft has been a barometer as Urban Meyer well knows of how UT has been developing its 3,4 and 5 star talent. It just is. And it’s damning.

I wish Watson good luck. Also,  some of these parents (not saying it’s Watson’s but we see it all the damn time) put way too much fucking pressure on these kids to support their families. It’s fucking insane. JMO.

Damn, my dad passed away 15 years ago today and he was very strict about grades etc...Almost absurd the scrutiny my brother and I were under. But we were not expected to support our entire family. I feel for these athletes I truly do. And I think its too much pressure to put on your damn kids and imo irresponsible parenting. 

so ya, if the transfer portal is full after this weekend or the next or the next, maybe it will get Herman gone. If that’s what it takes then that’s what it takes. MOO. 

7 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

a huge problem these days is that the coed talent pool at texas is near the bottom in terms of beautiful thots on campus in d1

seriously u should take a tour of ut u will see how unattractive the coed base is

young men want to see sorority thots not band geek looking girls all over campus 

Lol whose rep sock is celebrityhottub? Some of you are a fuckin trip.

3 hours ago, Nope said:

I appreciate the sentiment, but nobody knows more than Texas fans (or alums) the pain of the “bumps in the road.” We’ve actually been paying a lot of money for this shit long before Chris del Conte, Tom Herman, or any current player Arrived on the 40 Acres. A whole lot of fucking miserable Saturdays and terrible walks out of Fair Park. 
And I also want to see more of Kenyatta Watson and Marcus Washington. 

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I appreciate the sentiment, but nobody knows more than Texas fans (or alums) the pain of the “bumps in the road.” We’ve actually been paying a lot of money for this shit long before Chris del Conte, Tom Herman, or any current player Arrived on the 40 Acres. A whole lot of fucking miserable Saturdays and terrible walks out of Fair Park. 
And I also want to see more of Kenyatta Watson and Marcus Washington. 

Yeah, pops underestimates the depth of our PTSD but I was relieved to see he’s still bought in.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Darius James at Auburn? Heard a rumor he was caught stealing from a teammate in the locker room. Could be wrong of course.

That's him.  I have a lot of Auburn friends so I watch a lot of their games and had noticed him as a contributor.  Hadn't heard the theft news.

Obligatory:

16 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Yeah, I remember McCarron and his Center getting on each other's asses for a false start when they were already beating the absolute fuck out of Notre Dame in the title game.  Bama beats the shit out of everyone because they show no mercy.  They come to kill, pillage and destroy their opponents.  

I think it was Kevin Dunn talking about it yesterday.  Saban calls it the "success flu" and says it is extremely contagious.  That is why he downplays every win and is furious with every loss.

Of course, we are stuck with Herman and his "great practice" Sundays after humiliating losses.  But, at least he claims to know how to fix it.

So we got that going for us...

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, Nope said:

He is misdirecting his message to the fan base instead of the players and the coaches. I don't think any of us expect the title gift wrapped after what we have been through for years. Seems like it's the players who think they like that just because they dominated a non-P5 team in their opener. Everyone likes to blame the UT fanbase and yet we are the ones footing the bill for a whole lot of people (coaches, admins, players, etc.) to not perform. Oh the irony!

• Hook 'Em 1

With all of our kids who portal, I’ll wait until I hear their next destination before taking them seriously. 

We’ve had too many guys use this process the way NFL guys use holdouts.

Edited by Nope

31 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

He’s transferring because people ahead of him play like shit and he doesn’t get playing time. Also when a player who quits mid game only to he rewarded with playing time the next week tells you all you need to know about Herman dog shit ass and his dog shit coaching style. 

That’s a great point on Foster, hadn’t considered that 

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

He’s transferring because people ahead of him play like shit and he doesn’t get playing time. Also when a player who quits mid game only to he rewarded with playing time the next week tells you all you need to know about Herman dog shit ass and his dog shit coaching style. 

every time watson was in the game he would get beaten & would never turned his head around to swat the ball 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

every time watson was in the game he would get beaten & would never turned his head around to swat the ball 

This is what I saw, too. He needs at least the Josh Thompson route of sitting and taking his losses untll he gets up to game speed. Josh went from "oh fuck, he's playing now?" to that dude finally understands. 

19 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Thompson has been getting abused the last two weeks. 

Yeah, but he has improved. That's all I'm looking for, man. Improvement. If Watson can't even beat out Josh we're in deep shit. I truly believe Tom doesn't obviously play the best payers or else we would see more Bijan, too. Ingram ain't getting it done. Dude is in Mack territory with the "they've been here so they earned it bullshit". Why else would Mitchell be out there? Dude has concrete for feet and can't tackle for shit. 

11 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

That seems correctable though.  The offseason has been erratic which is also why this is a free year.  Still, wouldn't play him against OU and OSU. 

• 3 months later...

I hate that pops acts like fans think the kid is a pussy. He was obviously actually injured. I assume we’re all sympathetic to that. I know I am.

If there’s a beef with the school, get after it. We want our athletes treated right. Most of us want the best for them all. 

• Hook 'Em 4

55 minutes ago, Machinator said:

JTFC. Forever fuck you Tom Herman. Not sure everyone will fully understand the damage this kind of a thing can do to a program. Should've fired his ass for cause. 

13 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I hate that pops acts like fans think the kid is a pussy. He was obviously actually injured. I assume we’re all sympathetic to that. I know I am.

If there’s a beef with the school, get after it. We want our athletes treated right. Most of us want the best for them all. 

All you have to do scroll up. Sure, you'll see a couple outlier posts wishing him well or (properly) blaming fuckface but the majority of posts since it was announced he's in the portal, have been negative. 

I fucking hate these double standards created by popular posters that set off like wild fire and get adopted by a lot of other posters. Fuck the Brocks? Losing Milroe wasn't really that big a deal, fuck him, too? Disingenuous at best. 

This isn't a Xavion Alford or even (your all time favorite recruit) Garrett Wilson thing shitting on our program for dishonest reasons. Each one of them chose another school because of our failures and instead of solely focusing on the issues preventing them from coming here, collectively, we say, fuck them? No. Fuck us for not having our shit together when there's absolutely no reason not to. 

/ rant (not directed at you, Pete.)

• Hook 'Em 1

I never understood grown men directing so much vitriol towards recruits that don’t pick “their” school or players that transfer. If a player doesn’t feel like this is the right place for him who gives a shit, there’s plenty more to take his spot. No need to be hurt about it.

22 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

JTFC. Forever fuck you Tom Herman. Not sure everyone will fully understand the damage this kind of a thing can do to a program. Should've fired his ass for cause. 

All you have to do scroll up. Sure, you'll see a couple outlier posts wishing him well or (properly) blaming fuckface but the majority of posts since it was announced he's in the portal, have been negative. 

I fucking hate these double standards created by popular posters that set off like wild fire and get adopted by a lot of other posters. Fuck the Brocks? Losing Milroe wasn't really that big a deal, fuck him, too? Disingenuous at best. 

This isn't a Xavion Alford or even (your all time favorite recruit) Garrett Wilson thing shitting on our program for dishonest reasons. Each one of them chose another school because of our failures and instead of solely focusing on the issues preventing them from coming here, collectively, we say, fuck them? No. Fuck us for not having our shit together when there's absolutely no reason not to. 

/ rant (not directed at you, Pete.)

Well, Twitter is a complete cesspool, so I only see what’s linked here. 

With no backstory, people generally assume players transfer because they can’t hack it. That’s clearly not always the case, and again, I think most everyone here is sympathetic to injuries. 

I still say fuck Garrett Wilson and I don’t think much of the Brockermeyers. But that was all with the last coaching staff. 

Edited by Tex Pete

1 hour ago, tonedeaf said:

Someone help me out here.  What happened?  He was injured in a game (or in general) and the medical staff ignored it or mis-diagnosed it?  

Unclear. Looks to me like there's vid of him doing dead lifts and box jumps from < 2 weeks ago, so it's not like he left campus in a wheelchair. 

I guess the safest thing to say is that his parents currently feel that he had an injury that was improperly dealt with during his time at Texas. I'm not so sure stone-cold evidence of that happening is found in the posted text messages, but I also don't dismiss the possibility that it was incorrectly handled.

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Hook 'Em 1