Kenyatta Watson

Pancho

A loss to OU will all but assure a surge of players into the portal. I'm curious why Watson hasn't seen much playing time while Green has taken numerous snaps. Watson actually showed flashes at times, but played sparingly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

After watching his mom having fits on Twitter during the Tech game, I didn't think he would stick of Texas had a bad season. Next up is Marcus Washington IMO.

Same with mutha hustla. She was saying stuff during tech game and tcu. Her son gets no playing time so make sense why he should transfer.

5 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Same with mutha hustla. She was saying stuff during tech game and tcu. Her son gets no playing time so make sense why he should transfer.

She did benefit a lot from being associated with the program, so I am not sure if they would have Byron transfer or stick it out. She has a thriving business selling Texas branded stuff.

4 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Byron Vaughns is a total head scratcher.  He looks the part but somehow can't manage to make it on the field (outside of ST) in his third year with a depleted LB corps.  

29 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

Byron Vaughns is a total head scratcher.  He looks the part but somehow can't manage to make it on the field (outside of ST) in his third year with a depleted LB corps.  

Last note I found on Vaughn (Late August)

Humidor:  "Depth behind Ossai is unsettled.  Vaughns missed some time for non-football related issues. He’s still expected to be a valuable contributor this year. My source continues to rave about Bush’s ability." 

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

That’s the spirit parents. Teach your kiddos when life gets tough, quit and go find an easier path. It also works in the real world too

He plays on a wildly mismanaged team. The only mistake any parents make is allowing their kids to come to Texas to play for Tom Herman and to **** up their chance for a football career. 

Just another example of how poorly managed this whole program is.  We have a team full of entitled pussies that want to leave if they don't get the playing time they want. 

I mean, we heard all last year how Jake Smith was going to leave if he didn't get playing time.  But Sam tosses him a TD throw on 3rd and 5 and he drops the fucking thing.

You got Jacoby Jones celebrating tackles on every 5 yard run.  You got BJ Foster quitting in the 3rd quarter only to be rewarded with playing time.

What a bunch of mentally soft entitled bitches, just like their head coach.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Apparently there is a guy out there that sees the issues in this swamp of ass and fuckery:

“Let’s talk about the why. Here is the why. There’s two reasons — No. 1, evaluation. You have to really, thoroughly go back and say, ‘Are we evaluating the right way in our program?’ But here’s where I want to spend a second talking about, development. Once they get on your campus, you have to develop them. And when I say development, it’s weight room, it’s training room, it’s nutritionists — it might even be a sports psychologist — and then, of course, it’s going to be the assistant coaches.

“So the what is yeah, they haven’t had many players drafted. That’s fine. The average viewer can say, ‘OK, that’s the what.’ But let’s dig deep, lift up the hood and say why — it’s evaluation process and it’s development of the player. If the NFL Draft doesn’t start showing more Texas Longhorn players every spring, it’s going to be the same old story.”

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, jinx said:

Just another example of how poorly managed this whole program is.  We have a team full of entitled pussies that want to leave if they don't get the playing time they want. 

I mean, we heard all last year how Jake Smith was going to leave if he didn't get playing time.  But Sam tosses him a TD throw on 3rd and 5 and he drops the fucking thing.

You got Jacoby Jones celebrating tackles on every 5 yard run.  You got BJ Foster quitting in the 3rd quarter only to be rewarded with playing time.

shows they are just out there playing for themselves and dgaf if the team wins or not. 

21 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

He plays on a wildly mismanaged team. The only mistake any parents make is allowing their kids to come to Texas to play for Tom Herman and to **** up their chance for a football career. 

This is such a chicken/egg type deal. Not that Herman gets a pass for the guys that he is recruiting and developing or not developing. 

32 minutes ago, jinx said:

I said either in this thread or another thread that the fact that Juwan Mitchell and Brandon Foster are still on the team shows that Tom Herman has zero accountability. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

I said either in this thread or another thread that the fact that Juwan Mitchell and Brandon Foster are still on the team shows that Tom Herman has zero accountability. 

Yeah, I hadn't heard the full story on Mitchell, but saw someone post about him punching a coach.  Unreal.

I am ready for this chapter of Texas Football to end, but I am afraid we have another year or two of Herman and this shit.  

1 hour ago, jinx said:

OR... just maybe, you got a players looking around thinking, I'm better than the guys playing, I'm doing everything asked of me and yet I'm not getting a fair shake.  It's one thing if the guys in front of you are performing, but when you see them making mistake after mistake and are still playing...

Without spring ball the opportunity for some of these guys to jump starters was made very difficult

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1