The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

You are an idiot. Steele reported that the Trump campaign funded and organized a group of eastern European hackers who operated under operational control of the Kremlin. He reported that Cohen and Page played central roles in an advanced conspiracy involving coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia to undermine American democracy in trade for brokerage rights on the rosneft deal. Only in the most deluded of minds does a close reading of the Mueller report support these reports. It's amazing that you guys can't just disengage from political opposition research conducted by a foreign intelligence operative trafficking in Russian disinformation. 

It's almost like you think that's all that was in the dossier.

Weird.

Steele is no Jacob Wohl.

Nothing suggests he fabricated info or approached his contract work applying a deft “sleight of hand.”  That’s not how he built and maintains his reputation.  

Unlike Jacob, Steele is a career expert on something.  He gets paid for being reliable and works with leads that other people can attempt to cross verify by other means.  His work is still highly valuable to clients who understand what they get is not wrapped for a judge or jury.  

Steele is only one to be maligned by those who don’t care if he’s right.

8 hours ago, The Royal We said:

Just a bunch of Facebook ads and that's the extent of Russia's meddling.

I've been saying this for 3 years now.  That thin of a margin to carry 3 states isn't just pin point accuracy with ads.  

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I've been saying this for 3 years now.  That thin of a margin to carry 3 states isn't just pin point accuracy with ads.  

Along with the WaPo North Carolina election story today:

Russia's manipulation of Twitter was far vaster than believed

Software vendor may have opened a gap for hackers in 2016 swing state

If the GOP gave two shits about election security, these companies would be out of business, new legislation protecting our elections would have been passed and we would be well on our way to a more secure, reliable election in 2020.

But we all know how that went and will continue to go as long as these corrupt pieces of shit grasp power.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm 50/50 between the Republicans are happy the Russians interfered VS the Republicans actually interfered themselves.  I'm not kidding.  The refusal to do anything is damning.

Time for pitchforks.

The evil turtle is 100 percent in favor of Russian interference. I would be too if it meant the alternative was jail time. 

Yes, Steele is smart.  He is in mid 50s and needs to protect his earning power in his field for at least another decade.  Steele was hired to dig Russia dirt.  He did that by trolling media reports for intel, lacing it with disinformation from Russian intelligence sources chasing paychecks, and in the process creating a fantasy conspiracy narrative with no basis in reality. His fault as far as I can tell was, at best, deluding himself wrt to the veracity of his reporting as a result of his political bias. He was not "close to being wrong" with his very specific claims of an advanced conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, was very fucking wrong. If he was right, we wouldn't be having this conversation and Trump would be swinging from a gallow. 

Anastasia and Christopher Steele sitting in a tree.
k-i-s-s-i-n-g
first comes loves
second comes marriage
third comes Anastasia sucking #bothsides dick

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Yes, Steele is smart.  He is in mid 50s and needs to protect his earning power in his field for at least another decade.  Steele was hired to dig Russia dirt.  He did that by trolling media reports for intel, lacing it with disinformation from Russian intelligence sources chasing paychecks, and in the process creating a fantasy conspiracy narrative with no basis in reality. His fault as far as I can tell was, at best, deluding himself wrt to the veracity of his reporting as a result of his political bias. He was not "close to being wrong" with his very specific claims of an advanced conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, was very fucking wrong. If he was right, we wouldn't be having this conversation and Trump would be swinging from a gallow. 

You seem to still live under the impression that truth still matters. It's adorable.

Truth is dead. 

Edited by TornACL

4 minutes ago, BLKNSTY said:

Anastasia and Christopher Steele sitting in a tree.
k-i-s-s-i-n-g
first comes loves
second comes marriage
third comes Anastasia sucking #bothsides dick

LOL.  You continue to elevate the discussion on this board. 

Seriously, go back to lurking. 

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

That’s quite the yarn you’ve spun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

That’s quite the yarn you’ve spun.

I think that it brings a nice symmetry to the course of the thread, imo. In particular, the notion that Russian disinformation regarding our election was central to the conduct of an investigation into Russian disinformation intended to influence our election has a simple purity to it that just begs to be true.    

giphy.gif

The table is a little clunky, but the contrast and contradictions Barr made with Mueller and his report are glaring. 

AG Bill Barr is a straight up dissembling fixer for the criminal inhabiting the Oval.  No wonder he blew off his Congressional subpoena and will soon face contempt.

A Side-by-Side Comparison of Barr’s vs. Mueller’s Statements about Special Counsel Report

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

trump shitting on mueller is not a smart tactical move.  he just can't help himself.

Vietnam draft dodger shitting on a decorated and honorable veteran on the anniversary of D-Day. Just another day in trump's america.

• Like 1

Today: House Democrats officially introduce contempt resolution for Barr, McGahn

"House Democrats have officially introduced a resolution to hold Attorney General William Barr and former White House counsel Don McGahn in contempt of Congress for failing to comply with congressional subpoenas.

The contempt resolution allows House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) to go to court to seek civil enforcement of the subpoena for Barr to turn over special counsel Robert Mueller’s unredacted report and underlying evidence, as well as for McGahn to provide documents and public testimony.

The resolution also gives any committee chair the rare power to go to federal court to seek civil enforcement of subpoenas, both current and future orders, so long as they are granted approval by the Bipartisan Legal Advisory Board. 

The Rules Committee is expected to mark up the resolution to hold Barr and McGahn in contempt on Monday, according to a Democratic congressional aide, and the full House is slated to vote on the resolution Tuesday. 
[...]

Democratic aides describe the resolution as a powerful expression to the courts about the White House refusing to comply with their “reasonable” requests and an effort to enforce subpoenas across the board. While it is also a move that reaffirms the current rules, rather than changing them, it comes as Congress has pivoted to holding Barr in criminal contempt of Congress.

The aides emphasized that the case could potentially unlock many doors for the investigation if a judge rules the White House cannot assert absolute immunity from its officials testifying. If the judge makes a ruling that McGahn must testify, the aides said, it could also unblock the testimony of other officials that the White House has sought to stop from testifying. 

Though the measure deals with civil contempt, a Democratic aide also noted that if Democrats come across behavior that is “egregious enough,” there may be additional criminal contempt proceedings."

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Just because things aren't happening as fast as some of us would like, it's clearly untrue that nothing is being done. 

[Veruca Salt stomping on the ground]  But I want things to happen now!

Me: Man, there's no way Senate Republicans can dismiss this like it's nothing. That's overt witness tampering caught on audio. 

Lindsey Graham: Chooky, if that's even your real name, you must be one stupid bitch. Fuck outta here with your unaware ass. No paying attention ass motherfucker.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I continue to be perplexed at the way so many of Donald's tremendous hires and appointments turn out to be losers and Deep State actors.  Man, he has hit a real tough streak.  Dude needs a break.

Presidenting is hard.  

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

Me: Man, there's no way Senate Republicans can dismiss this like it's nothing. That's overt witness tampering caught on audio. 

Lindsey Graham: Chooky, if that's even your real name, you must be one stupid bitch. Fuck outta here with your unaware ass. No paying attention ass motherfucker.

Trump and the Russians obviously have the goods on old Lindsey, whatever that may be.  They let him know the score during a friendly game of golf. A 180 after that would be an understatement. Everything he says and does now should be filtered through that lens. 

45 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Wait, so Kilimnik is reportedly a State Department asset.  What a fucking world.  Abramson appears to be losing his grip at the revelation.  

I recall you asserting, without citing any evidence, that Oleg Deripaska is a CIA and FBI asset. 

• Like 1