The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

^

"More than three dozen sealed criminal indictments have been added to the federal court docket in Washington, D.C. since the start of 2018."

"But several legal experts told ABC News the number of sealed cases awaiting action right now is unusual. Fourteen were added to the docket since late August alone"

Those numbers are consistent with what Frank Figliuzzi and John Schindler have described in relation to Mueller.  "Bundles of indictments" and "dozens" stemming from Mueller, respectivey.

Mueller can only indict someone with the approval of the Attorney General, and once the indictments have been approved and filed, any effort to withdraw charges would involve a judge.

At the time, those approvals fell to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein because Attorney General Jeff Sessions had recused himself from the Russia matter. 

So Whitaker can do whit.

“You can’t prevent a new AG from blocking new indictments,” Miller said. “But if you were ready to move on cases, you could return a bunch of indictments under seal. If the stumbling block is approval from Mueller’s supervisors, you get that approval while you still have a supervisor who approves of your work.”

Too late to stop.

9 hours ago, Agent47 said:

If you want me to pick you up from the airport and I have no principles the right wing it was built by genocide.

8 hours ago, Agent47 said:

I will never admit that I am going out of town.

28 minutes ago, Agent47 said:

Autocomplete suggestion madlibs.

ISIS will never elect an openly gay man however I will.

24 minutes ago, Agent47 said:

And they're such FAT snowflakes.

👏 Why 👏 won't 👏 this 👏 forum 👏 let 👏 me 👏 like 👏 these 👏 amazing 👏 posts?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/16/papadopoulos-prison-time-999627

papadopoulos trying to postpone his 14 day prison sentence set to begin in about a week.   Why pay lawyers in an attempt to get out of a plea deal that you signed.   Go to prison and get it over with.    It won’t be a fun 2 weeks but wouldn’t it be better to get past it.

46 minutes ago, Mapache said:

He's afraid she will be sleeping around while he's locked up

Related image

He should probably worry about the fact that he'll be sleeping around when he's locked up..

There's almost zero chance she isn't sleeping around already anyway.

Edited by FondrenRoad

50 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

Mensch tweet says a visit was made to embassy and there was no sign of Assange or life at all. Building is under construction.

It's a certainty that every in and out including sewer conduits from the Equadorian embassy are being monitored.  unleash the hounds.

Edited by triplehorn

It was widely reported before Assange published that the emails were hacked via the Russian government (Cozy/Fancy Bear).  

IMO that makes Assange and Trump more than unwitting participants in a conspiracy to defraud the United States.  

They can try to claim ignorance but that’s probably not going to fly in front of a jury.

DsIK0aVUwAE0_oR?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/16/papadopoulos-prison-time-999627

papadopoulos trying to postpone his 14 day prison sentence set to begin in about a week.   Why pay lawyers in an attempt to get out of a plea deal that you signed.   Go to prison and get it over with.    It won’t be a fun 2 weeks but wouldn’t it be better to get past it.

No shit. Get it out of the way before the start of bowl season. 

So my current theory is Mueller is waiting to get those written answers from Trump before he drops any new indictments.  I base this on Trump’s rhetoric surrounding the questions and his stalling tactics.  I think Mueller has calculated if he drops any big indictments before getting Trump’s responses, the likelihood of ever getting Trump’s answers evaporates.

Does anyone really believe Trump is going to hand over his answers by Thanksgiving?

56 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So my current theory is Mueller is waiting to get those written answers from Trump before he drops any new indictments.  I base this on Trump’s rhetoric surrounding the questions and his stalling tactics.  I think Mueller has calculated if he drops any big indictments before getting Trump’s responses, the likelihood of ever getting Trump’s answers evaporates.

Does anyone really believe Trump is going to hand over his answers by Thanksgiving?

Can he bring any indictments without the go ahead from the AG?  Presumably Whitaker is currently overseeing the investigation, at least until it gets sorted out in the court system...

20 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Can he bring any indictments without the go ahead from the AG?  Presumably Whitaker is currently overseeing the investigation, at least until it gets sorted out in the court system...

I think Mueller can unseal any indictments he wants.

I don’t think Whitaker is overseeing shit.  I believe Rosenstein is still completely running the show and has no reason to follow any orders Whitaker gives him.  What is Whitaker going to do? Fire Rosenstein?  Yeah, okay.  

Given his sketchy background, there’s also reason to believe Whitaker doesn’t have the security clearances needed to see inside the Mueller probe.

It’s my belief the Whitaker appointment was all about optics and a show of force by Trump.  

And finally, any improper move Whitaker makes or attempts to make will be leaked to the press ASAP.   

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/19/trump-mueller-written-questions-thanksgiving-1005374

- Any sealed indictments appear to be a done deal that can only be quashed or nullified by a Judge for some legitimate cause.  It appears there are many sealed indictments in place, which has been rumored and reported by at least three sources.  Whitaker appears powerless here as any and all sealed indictments have already been signed off by the appropriate authority, the DAG, acting for the prior recused AG.  Whitaker can't undo that.

- Whitaker is being made very aware that he will immediately be subpoenaed to testify before HJC in January as Nadler's first witness.  Any attempts to obstruct justice will be exposed and Whitaker could face similar legal consequences for if he lies to Congress and/or attempts to obstruct justice.  The saying "Everything Trump Touches Dies" applies to Whitaker.  He should proceed accordingly.- The next wave might happen very soon, but I could see Mueller holding off on any indictments until the new House leadership is in place in January.  When the Schitt hits the tan, they will be an important public voice and venue for public testimony in these expansive matters that will be especially helpful in guiding news and understanding.

-Also, Mueller needs more time.  Trump playing footsie with the OSC just buys them that as they deepen the lines of inquiry.  Trump has been in the bag for a long time, imo.  Ultimately he's not escaping justice.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

but I could see Mueller holding off on any indictments until the new House leadership is in place in January.

Why? It just seems like a very un-Mueller thing to do. 

I could see him holding off on a final report until he’s guaranteed a platform to brief the American people in a congressional setting but I don’t see why the indictments would be stalled.