The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

I can see it both ways.  The next wave will likely be Stone/Assange/Don Jr.  That will be a true threshold and a break the glass moment for more than Trump and could potentially lead some destabilizing events unfolding.  Having a new leadership seated in the House would serve an important protective function to absorb the fallout.

6 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I can see it both ways.  The next wave will likely be Stone/Assange/Don Jr.  That will be a true threshold and a break the glass moment for more than Trump and could potentially lead some destabilizing events unfolding.  Having a new leadership seated in the House would serve an important protective function to absorb the fallout.

I think Mueller waiting around for the Dems to indict those guys creates bad and unnecessary optics that Trump/GOP could capitalize on in the court of public opinion.

”Mueller is clearly playing politics by waiting for the Dems to take the House to indict.  It clearly shows he’s bias and highly conflicted.  Must shut down witch hunt now!”

I think Mueller is going to play it by the book regardless of who controls the House.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think Mueller waiting around for the Dems to indict those guys creates bad and unnecessary optics that Trump/GOP could capitalize on in the court of public opinion.

”Mueller is clearly playing politics by waiting for the Dems to take the House to indict.  It clearly shows he’s bias and highly conflicted.  Must shut down witch hunt now!”

I think Mueller is going to play it by the book regardless of who controls the House.

I didn’t suggest anything about Dems indicting re Trump/Russia and effects on Mueller.  The House is a voice.  Mueller largely operates as an invisible hand, not responsible for guiding and explaining to the public.  That leadership role is what the new House leaders could provide.  That will indirectly and perhaps directly solidify Mueller’s investigation.  I think Schiff, Nadler, Lieu, and Swalwell are level headed, informed, and prepared to help address the public.

Also waiting until January when Whitaker can be called to testify to HJC may serve to expose him as an unqualified WH plant and put a deep chill on any untoward steps he may consider taking when chaos ensues.

Edited by triplehorn

The AP did a pretty good article on the evolution of the Mueller/Trump interview that never was.  I take it most of it with a grain of salt as I think much of the anonymous sourced info out of the White House is coordinated spin on Trump acting in good faith.  But spin can be interesting as well. 

Long tortured road to Trump answering Mueller's questions

On 3/25/2018 at 11:18 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

7433A946-C0FD-42F9-9D07-F8701145B8F5_zps

https://www.justice.gov/sco

Mueller’s Charges:

18 U.S. Code § 1001 - False Statements
Paul Manafort 
Rick Gates
Alex van der Zwaan
Michael Flynn
George Papadopoulus

18 U.S. Code § 371 - Conspiracy to defraud the United States
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/371

Paul Manafort 
Rick Gates 
Konstantin Kilimnik 
26 Russians

18 U.S. Code § 981 - Civil forfeiture
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/981

Paul Manafort 
Konstanstin Kilimnik 

18 U.S. Code § 982 - Criminal forfeiture
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/982
Paul Manafort 
Konstantin Kilimnik 

18 U.S. Code § 1956 - Laundering of monetary instruments
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1956
Paul Manafort
Konstanstin Kilimnik 

18 U.S. Code § 1349 - Conspiracy 
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1349
Paul Manafort
Rick Gates 
26 Russians

18 U.S. Code § 1344 - Bank fraud Conspiracy 
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1344
Paul Manafort 
Rick Gates

18 U.S. Code § 1028 - Fraud and related activity in connection with identification documents, authentication features, and information.  Identity theft/fraud.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1028
26 Russians
Richard Pinedo

^

• Fuck You 1

On 11/19/2018 at 4:19 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That would be true if it was normal times and both parties were crooked but knew enough not to blatantly interfere with an investigation or completely politicize everything from forest fires to dead military men. 

The way Trump tries to operate like a poorly run mob family it becomes important for Mueller to protect his investigations and make sure Republicans can't corruption their way out of this. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Continental Op said:

NOTHINGBURGER!!!!!!11!!!!!!!

Hold on. You think that the special counsel, whose office was created to investigate Trump's "collusion with Russia" because Trump could not reasonably be expected to investigate himself, is finding great success by prosecuting random people who lied to the special counsel during the investigation? This is, in actual fact, the definition of a nothingburger.

In any case it's odd that you're picking a fight with Van Jones. Isn't he also a Trump hater? Regardless, he isn't here to refute your accusation.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Hold on. You think that the special counsel, whose office was created to investigate Trump's "collusion with Russia" because Trump could not reasonably be expected to investigate himself, is finding great success by prosecuting random people who lied to the special counsel during the investigation? This is, in actual fact, the definition of a nothingburger.

In any case it's odd that you're picking a fight with Van Jones. Isn't he also a Trump hater? Regardless, he isn't here to refute your accusation.

I'm thankful for texashammer

-gop

13 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Realize, folks, that there are millions of Americans - not a handful, not a few thousand - but TENS OF MILLIONS of Americans who are at least as stupid as this mouth breathing, boot licking moron. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Yes.  Putting away traitors like Manafort and liars like Papadick, Gates, Flynn and others is great success.

1 hour ago, Jim Tom Pinch said:

So nothing illegal. Just a massive political hit job paid for with our tax dollars.

Gee, nobody saw that coming... 

Always good to get insight into trumpkin brain.  They believe the part that there is nothing criminal but don’t believe the part that it will be politically damaging.  Why?  Because literally nothing could be politically damaging to a guy that exists as a Garrison cartoon.