Texas opens as a 28 point favorite @ Kansas

TexasMan

11 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

I've never understood betting these kinds of lines. You're at the mercy of how long a coach wants to play the starters, or how keyed up the 2nd string is.

You're up 30 going into the 4th quarter. The game's over. Does Casey Thompson stretch his legs and gallop for 2 TDs before letting Hudson Card throw bombs? Conversely, does whomever draws backup RB duty goof it up, fumble, and give up a cheap TD?

You're basically betting on how successful the backups are going to be at wasting time.

And yes, I'm wondering out loud. I'm by no means stating that Texas coasting up 30 in the 4th is a given. I've seen Vince step out of an ankle tackle on 4th down, Case coast a pass with 0:12 left, and Dicker hit with 0:00 left. The struggle is real.

Yeah, weather also can be a factor...

Lawrence, KS  Gameday Forecast

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21

DAY

RealFeel® 52°58°Hi
RealFeel Shade™ 53°
11/21
Cloudy, breezy and warm with a couple of showers

WindENE 14 mph

Wind Gusts22 mph

Probability of Precipitation83%

Probability of Thunderstorms20%

Precipitation0.45 in

Hours of Precipitation.   6

Cloud Cover99%

Edited by LTtxfan

Texas will sleep walk through the first half as we do seemingly all road-and most home-conference games. Will probably lead 21-7 at half but should be up 35-7.

Texas (assuming we win the opening coin toss which we will defer) will start the 2nd half with a 3 and out or gift Kansas a score via fumble recovery or pick 6. 21-14 Texas.

Texas will forget that Bijan exists and instead will try to force throws to Kai Money or deep balls into double coverage on 3rd and 3. We manage a FG to make it 24-14 at the end of the 3rd.

Our defense gets a score in the 4th making it 31-14, final. We hear "winning is hard on the road in BXII" in the post game presser.

Prove me wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Texas will sleep walk through the first half as we do seemingly all road-and most home-conference games. Will probably lead 21-7 at half but should be up 35-7.

Texas (assuming we win the opening coin toss which we will defer) will start the 2nd half with a 3 and out or gift Kansas a score via fumble recovery or pick 6. 21-14 Texas.

Texas will forget that Bijan exists and instead will try to force throws to Kai Money or deep balls into double coverage on 3rd and 3. We manage a FG to make it 24-14 at the end of the 3rd.

Our defense gets a score in the 4th making it 31-14, final. We hear "winning is hard on the road in BXII" in the post game presser.

Prove me wrong.

Best Carville GIFs | Gfycat