Texas opens as a 28 point favorite @ Kansas

TexasMan

On a late desperation drive.
We will easily score on our first possession. We will then play like shit until there are 5 minutes left in the game. At that point, Sam is going to will the team to a close game. We will either lose on a late turnover or win on a late score. It's a fluid situation.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Only way we dont cover is if Sam doesnt start. KU is pretty much UTEP

we win by 35-38 points, easy. KU wont get more than 10 points

Saved.

I'm amazed the line is 28 because I'm not sure we are even capable of scoring 28.

We'll cover easily.  This is a Kansas team that UTEP would beat--this Kansas team is historically bad by Kansas standards.  They have gotten blown out by every team they've played in conference.  Their closest loss was by 21 points (WVU).  Their second closest loss was by 30 points (ISU).  Everyone else in conference scored close to 50 and won by nearly 40.  OU won by 50.  Par for the course in conference this year against Kansas is hanging 50 and winning by 30.  Considering that we are 4-2 in conference, it's silly not to expect us to at least meet par.

Basically what I'm saying is, they are terrible and we should win convincingly.

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And yet if I were playing this game, I’m taking Kansas +28 without even thinking hard about it. 
especiallu now that I see that the forecast is wind and rain. 

Right now that's an ugly weather forecast in Lawrence on Saturday.  The rain, wind, and colder conditions should start moving the line for sure...

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Right now that's an ugly weather forecast in Lawrence on Saturday.  The rain, wind, and colder conditions should start moving the line for sure...

This line should win the prize for all time line mover.  Line should go down to 17.  We are terrible and should win unconvincingly. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

We'll cover easily.  This is a Kansas team that UTEP would beat--this Kansas team is historically bad by Kansas standards.  They have gotten blown out by every team they've played in conference.  Their closest loss was by 21 points (WVU).  Their second closest loss was by 30 points (ISU).  Everyone else in conference scored close to 50 and won by nearly 40.  OU won by 50.  Par for the course in conference this year against Kansas is hanging 50 and winning by 30.  Considering that we are 4-2 in conference, it's silly not to expect us to at least meet par.

Basically what I'm saying is, they are terrible and we should win convincingly.

We win, but we will be their closest loss. 

46 minutes ago, Deej said:

We win, but we will be their closest loss. 

So TEXAS wins by less than 15 points...

Kansas Jayhawks Schedule 2020

Regular Season
DATE OPPONENT RESULT        
Sat, 9/12
vsCCUCCU
L38-23        
Sat, 9/26
@BAYBAY
L47-14        
Sat, 10/3
vsOKST17 OKST
L47-7        
Sat, 10/17
@WVUWVU
L38-17        
Sat, 10/24
@KSU20 KSU
L55-14        
Sat, 10/31
vsISU23 ISU
L52-22        
Sat, 11/7
@OU19 OU
L62-9        

I've never understood betting these kinds of lines. You're at the mercy of how long a coach wants to play the starters, or how keyed up the 2nd string is.

You're up 30 going into the 4th quarter. The game's over. Does Casey Thompson stretch his legs and gallop for 2 TDs before letting Hudson Card throw bombs? Conversely, does whomever draws backup RB duty goof it up, fumble, and give up a cheap TD?

You're basically betting on how successful the backups are going to be at wasting time.

And yes, I'm wondering out loud. I'm by no means stating that Texas coasting up 30 in the 4th is a given. I've seen Vince step out of an ankle tackle on 4th down, Case coast a pass with 0:12 left, and Dicker hit with 0:00 left. The struggle is real.

• Hook 'Em 1