"This printer will not be supported after December 2020" WTF?

Gil Bang

This thread made me realize that I've been using the same HP All-in-one printer/scanner/copier/fax (don't use the fax function anymore!) for 15 years or so with no issues.  HP Laserjet 3390.  Maybe paid around $750 for it in 2005 or so.  The damn thing has certainly earned its keep.  Props to HP and welcome to Texas y'all!

I believe, when cloudprint croaks, you can just print to a networked printer, by adding it.  Or to a hardwired printer.

HP has a chrome extension that works with most HP printers.

I don't know what happens with android. maybe you install an HP/Brother/whatever app.

Edited by TwiceHorn

14 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

This thread made me realize that I've been using the same HP All-in-one printer/scanner/copier/fax (don't use the fax function anymore!) for 15 years or so with no issues.  HP Laserjet 3390.  Maybe paid around $750 for it in 2005 or so.  The damn thing has certainly earned its keep.  Props to HP and welcome to Texas y'all!

HP Enterprise (Server & Storage) is moving HQ to Texas.  HP Inc (PC & Print) is still keeping their HQ in CA although they still have product groups in the Houston area.

HPI has a big presence in The Woodlands area. HPE will move right next door to those buildings in the next two years.

And all it means is that if you have an issue with the printer they will not support it if you call in. It also means there will be no driver updates for the printer. If it is working now it should continue to work. When you change operating systems you may be screwed though.

On 12/9/2020 at 6:58 PM, elfenix said:

pretty sure i use cloud print to print from android.  so, did they overlook something or have i?

12 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Y'all don't just print stuff off you need at work? Who even owns a printer at home these days? /millenial 

where do you think said cloud printer is located?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/9/2020 at 5:05 PM, Gil Bang said:

that's the message popping up on my chromebook when I print to my HP officejet.

WTF?  is there a workaround, or do I need to get a new printer? This one works great and I have a shitload of ink for it. 

What gives? 

Take it to some tiny electronics shop in a semi-abandoned strip mall. For 40 bucks the dude will get you 5 more years out of it.