2018 San Antonio Spurs Offseason Thread -- Into the Great Unknown

Patrick Bateman

It was going to be a challenge to make the playoffs this year in the loaded West, with Murray's injury, we're probably not a strong option.  We're in a weird place right now.  We have some older guys like LMA, Pau, and even DeRozan is approaching 30, and of course you have Pop, who probably doesn't want to oversee a rebuild.  He may not have a choice....

Hopefully Lonnie can come back soon to give us something to watch....

Edited by Patrick Bateman

16 minutes ago, Kermit said:

96-97 was the worst. Perhaps you’re referring to 97-98? 

I miss you Tim. 

Yeah, I’m referring to the season with virtually no DRob, 1996-7. Then the miracle of the ‘97 draft happened, and the Spurs life was worth living again. Not that I’m thinking we’re going to draft another TD next June...just hoping the season about to kick off is only a single year of real futility. 

You know.... this has been the worst off season in franchise history. Your superstar, the guy who was to be the face of the franchise for the next generation, acts like a gigantic cunt and demands a trade. Manu retires. Tony moves on to Charlotte. Walker, the team's highest draft pick in forever, has knee surgery to keep him out of training camp and probably the first two months of the season. And to top it off, Murray who was seemingly poised to break out this year, is done for the season before it even started. They way things have been going, I wouldn't be surprised if Pop called it a day and they hired Derek Fisher to replace him.

WORST. OFF SEASON. EVER.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You know.... this has been the worst off season in franchise history. Your superstar, the guy who was to be the face of the franchise for the next generation, acts like a gigantic cunt and demands a trade. Manu retires. Tony moves on to Charlotte. Walker, the team's highest draft pick in forever, has knee surgery to keep him out of training camp and probably the first two months of the season. And to top it off, Murray who was seemingly poised to break out this year, is done for the season before it even started. They way things have been going, I wouldn't be surprised if Pop called it a day and they hired Derek Fisher to replace him.

WORST. OFF SEASON. EVER.

200.gif

• Like 2

WORST. OFF SEASON. EVER.

Well, when you put it that way...

06d04dd802ecd115aaf35542729380c7.gif
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

WORST. OFF SEASON. EVER.

I just turned the corner to basketball season last week too. I was starting to get excited at the thought of DJM getting better, getting to witness the star that is DeMar, and just overall committing to this new Spurs team, but that injury is just a kick in the balls. Sports can be a real punk ass bitch sometimes.

The silver lining is seeing Derrick White get his shot (and possibly even alleviate the talk of this team being a shit 3-point shooting team this year), but I think we all know this could be bad on the defensive end this year. I'll watch, but I'm not giddy about this season starting like I was last week.

51 minutes ago, Amos Moses said:

They just don't have anyone on the perimeter who can defend and stay in front of their man.  

Matador defense, bruh. ¡Olé!

Opposing teams will be so exhausted from relentlessly jacking up uncontested 3s or driving to the hoop for highlight-worthy windmill jams that we'll be able to dominate by the fourth quarter, which will make erasing the likely 30-point deficits a snap.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 2:08 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

WORST. OFF SEASON. EVER.

tenor.gif