2018 San Antonio Spurs Offseason Thread -- Into the Great Unknown

Patrick Bateman

Kawhi couldn’t even carry his own HEB commercial. He’s a zero. Even going to LA is not going to change that. 100 x 0 is still zero.

Dude can ball, but didn’t want to complete the term of his contract and malingered. He quit. He didn’t try to get back. Everything else is just noise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Kawhi couldn’t even carry his own HEB commercial. He’s a zero. Even going to LA is not going to change that. 100 x 0 is still zero.

Dude can ball, but didn’t want to complete the term of his contract and malingered. He quit. He didn’t try to get back. Everything else is just noise.

Kawhi wants to be a star but is too stupid to realize he has the personality of a turnip.

On 7/22/2018 at 9:40 AM, DaysOff said:

Not a Spurs fan, but sat next to the Admiral on the way back from LAX last week. Very patient and gracious to every slap dick that wanted a selfie.
1b8371931fe2b81310f1db32449aa23a.jpg

Always was, and always will be one, if not THE classiest act in all of pro sports.

• Like 2

It will be interesting how much rust Kawhi has. It's been over a year since the Golden State injury and he's played very little. It's one thing to work out and get shots up but it's a different animal once you get in a game setting. 

It might take Kawhi a few months to get back to what he looked like before the injury. 

26 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It will be interesting how much rust Kawhi has. It's been over a year since the Golden State injury and he's played very little. It's one thing to work out and get shots up but it's a different animal once you get in a game setting. 

It might take Kawhi a few months to get back to what he looked like before the injury. 

I actually think he's going to come back and be just fine. Because he's a piece of shit and this whole debacle is a fuckery and it would be what happens. Part of me also hopes that he does it for half a year and then a bit more of his hamstrings degeneratize(?) and then he's out for another playoff run. But that's just me being petty, which I will be forever because fuck him that's why.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Doesn’t matter. They’ll make it up on a shoe deal.

Uncle Dennis has probably had a lot of explaining to do with Kawhi in the last seven days. I imagine something like this:

Nephew, of course I planned on losing Nike completely by hard balling them , getting you shipped off to Siberia to play another year of your prime by hard balling the Spurs, and I certainly didn't forget that Pop coaches the USA team which was the whole reason I wanted you in LA to get more exposure so that we could sell more shoes in China up to and after the Olympics. I did not mess this up at all!!!!!

I Got This!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Uncle Dennis has probably had a lot of explaining to do with Kawhi in the last seven days. I imagine something like this:

Nephew, of course I planned on losing Nike completely by hard balling them , getting you shipped off to Siberia to play another year of your prime by hard balling the Spurs, and I certainly didn't forget that Pop coaches the USA team which was the whole reason I wanted you in LA to get more exposure so that we could sell more shoes in China up to and after the Olympics. I did not mess this up at all!!!!!

I Got This!

Kawhi: 7PaV.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

Doesn’t matter. They’ll make it up on a shoe deal.

Right now, he's missed out on a little over 100 million.  Now, he'll make some of that back eventually, however he'll probably end up losing out on about 85-90 million at least.  Money's not everything but that's a shit load of dough for a guy and team who apparently have no self-awareness nor clue what they're doing.  Again, Toronto is actually a great landing spot for him and he should think about staying there for a number of years.  He could probably eventually get an entire nation behind him and try and rebuild his brand, which is in the tank now.  Go play in a huge, cosmopolitan city in the Eastern Conference.  Shut the fuck up, ball out, get in the playoffs and then sign an extension.  Nobody will bother you and because it's Canada, they'll love him even if he's a functional mute.

28 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Right now, he's missed out on a little over 100 million.  Now, he'll make some of that back eventually, however he'll probably end up losing out on about 85-90 million at least.  Money's not everything but that's a shit load of dough for a guy and team who apparently have no self-awareness nor clue what they're doing.  Again, Toronto is actually a great landing spot for him and he should think about staying there for a number of years.  He could probably eventually get an entire nation behind him and try and rebuild his brand, which is in the tank now.  Go play in a huge, cosmopolitan city in the Eastern Conference.  Shut the fuck up, ball out, get in the playoffs and then sign an extension.  Nobody will bother you and because it's Canada, they'll love him even if he's a functional mute.

You misspelled retard.

A little more on the Kawhi shoe deal..... His best shot at getting a bigger contract is to get a new brand to money whip a top player to be the "face" of their brand.  Now Nike/Jordan and Adidas generally will sign the top guys (U/A has Steph), but Puma has been throwing money around and is getting back in the game (after time off because they were horrible) and New Balance is also trying to make inroads into this market.  If not, he could always go with a Chinese brand but have a feeling he may not have the branding necessary to get a DWade type deal in China.

He won't sign his new deal until about October so it should be interesting to see where his number comes in.

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

A little more on the Kawhi shoe deal..... His best shot at getting a bigger contract is to get a new brand to money whip a top player to be the "face" of their brand.  Now Nike/Jordan and Adidas generally will sign the top guys (U/A has Steph), but Puma has been throwing money around and is getting back in the game (after time off because they were horrible) and New Balance is also trying to make inroads into this market.  If not, he could always go with a Chinese brand but have a feeling he may not have the branding necessary to get a DWade type deal in China.

He won't sign his new deal until about October so it should be interesting to see where his number comes in.

Kawhi could turn this whole thing around if he signed a shoe contract with LA Gear next year

Image result for la gear shoes

• Haha 1