Brian Kelly or Bust

RGBIII

1 hour ago, TechTech said:

By someone who would know. It’s a good thing. Fuck Kelly and his slow 13 personal. 

Seems like everyone on here “knows someone”.  Who is it?   “Someone who would know”.    We are the most connected bunch in history.  

Theres also a post on here saying Brian Kelly to Texas is (was?) a lot more likely than people would be comfortable with.  

Sam Ehlinger told me Tom Herman is going to be on the sidelines in 2021. He did so by leaking that he is moving on to the NFL. This tells me he is no longer waiting to sit down with the next coach before making a decision. The longer Tom Herman is here the more 2021 is starting to feel like 2020.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Seems like everyone on here “knows someone”.  Who is it?   “Someone who would know”.    We are the most connected bunch in history.  

Theres also a post on here saying Brian Kelly to Texas is (was?) a lot more likely than people would be comfortable with.  

I would assume most people who went to UT and are successful have ties to people with information. Nahlin lays it out pretty well and the reality is there are too many moving parts right now for anyone to be a lead candidate right now. Urban and KELLY have already said no to some degree. Shanahan doesn’t want to come to the college game. I assume a message was sent to Saban and Dabo but those aren’t happening. Then you have the lower tiers. We can get Sark. We are going whale hunting until all of them say no. 

This is the current state of the coaching search. People in the know maybe have a heads up as to the details of the conversations but there isn’t any movement with anyone right now.

9.95 now bitches

Edited by TechTech

6 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Well it was fun @closetojumping we got the fire, but not your hire. 🤘🏼

My hire was Urban Meyer. I’ve maintained all along that no one knew shit about who the next guy was, but that everyone was certain that Herman was gone. Now it is obvious why - they were politely told no by everyone else or they idiotically targeted Sarkisian after Meyer said no. 

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Somebody on another site mentioned that OB is reporting that Kelly is not happening if anybody has it. 

Anyone who thought the Irish Catholic Brian Kelly would leave Notre Dame for any other coaching job without getting fired first is living in a fantasy world. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

My hire was Urban Meyer. I’ve maintained all along that no one knew shit about who the next guy was, but that everyone was certain that Herman was gone. Now it is obvious why - they were politely told no by everyone else or they idiotically targeted Sarkisian after Meyer said no. 

Exactly no one knows shit. Literally along for the ride

Edited by taybo20
  • Hook 'Em 1

But what did two University of Texas say?

Maybe we should hire Helton after Sarkisian fails? Neither meet CDC's hiring criteria. Anyway, I'm done with UT for awhile if true. I see nothing from SS that leads me to believe that he is any better than Herman. To be honest, I'd rather take a chance on Alabama's OL coach. At least his abilities as a head coach are an unknown.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

But what did two University of Texas say?

Maybe we should hire Helton after Sarkisian fails? Neither meet CDC's hiring criteria. Anyway, I'm done with UT for awhile if true. I see nothing from SS that leads me to believe that he is any better than Herman. To be honest, I'd rather take a chance on Alabama's OL coach. At least his abilities as a head coach are an unknown.

Agreed. 

He has way too many advantages as being the OC at Bama to then step in as HC at Texas. 

This is just another 4 years of bullshit until the next flavor of the month. 

Fuck. 

On 12/28/2020 at 7:41 PM, TheWellofInformation said:

Brian Kelly's first seven seasons were pretty much like what we have.

A lot of ND fans wanted him gone. The message board chatter was Kelly wasn't good enough.

Brian Kelly was able to turn the corner at ND because they stuck with him. 

People want to talk about what he has done the last 4 years.

I am looking at Year 1-7. Because if Kelly averages 8-5 and 9-4 for seven years at Texas 

He would be wanting to push him out like some of you are doing with Herman 

This was a good point.  A lot of people have mentioned his loss to Charlie Strong too.  The 2016 season and that OT loss to the Longhorns woke Kelly up.  Prior to that he was prone to a lot of cronyism with the assistants he brought in from previous jobs.  Brian VanGorder was the DC that year and got shit canned pretty early when it was obvious the defense couldn't stop anybody.  BK shook up the staff and got more involved in all aspects of the program, which led to hires like Mike Elko and then Clark Lea. 

Right now the Irish program is in a better place than it was prior to that dismal 2016 season, they just lack some real playmakers at WR and probably corner.  Word is you can't get your foot in the door of admissions with a 2.9 GPA, that's the biggest thing holding that team back.  The 3 WR they fielded in the playoff were a glorified blocking TE, a guy that converted from QB this year, and a Northwestern transfer.  If Kelly had gone, or in the future goes, to Texas that wouldn't be as big of a problem.  Texas has never had a problem bringing in outstanding athletes.  At least that won't be a problem for Sark, I think he'll do well.  

23 hours ago, Bevo said:
To be honest, I'd rather take a chance on Alabama's OL coach. At least his abilities as a head coach are an unknown.

Kyle Flood was a mediocre head coach at Rutgers who had numerous players commit felonies and other misconduct during his tenure. Flood also got suspended by the AD for NCAA violations.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Just now, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Kyle Flood was a mediocre head coach at Rutgers who had numerous players commit felonies and other misconduct during his tenure. Flood also got suspended by the AD for NCAA violations.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

This actually sounds pretty good.  

14 hours ago, ulukinatme said:

The 2016 season and that OT loss to the Longhorns woke Kelly up.  Prior to that he was prone to a lot of cronyism with the assistants he brought in from previous jobs.  Brian VanGorder was the DC that year and got shit canned pretty early when it was obvious the defense couldn't stop anybody.  BK shook up the staff and got more involved in all aspects of the program, which led to hires like Mike Elko and then Clark Lea. 

Thank you Texas, you saved Brian Kelly's career!

• Haha 1