Brian Kelly or Bust

RGBIII

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s a sock that they use when they want to post information but do not want to be directly accountable for it in case a source gets pissed that something got out there. Ketchum used a number of socks in a similar manner. 

Kelly coming here is waaaaaaaay more likely than you guys are thinking. 

Info so far, from @closetojumping. Also the Post from IT and some random guy on ND247...

92C27A9F-C1CB-4710-BE58-9C9FB94A9CE7.png

A5DE549A-CCD1-46F6-8B3F-533B06AF4D8C.png

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Moving this here.

Ok, not talking about his last 3 years but would Kelly be a better coach than Mack pre 2010?

No, not really. He like Mack improved the team at every stop but he seemed to have peaked at Blue Valley State or whatever it was. He has been at Notre Dame plenty long to actually do something but yet he just gets blown out in every big game.

1 minute ago, veritas aequitas said:

No, not really. He like Mack improved the team at every stop but he seemed to have peaked at Blue Valley State or whatever it was. He has been at Notre Dame plenty long to actually do something but yet he just gets blown out in every big game.

So like if Mack and Stoops had a child.

• Haha 3

He’s a “good enough” coach. Depends on who his staff would be. The boosters will hate him. And he’ll be insufferable when he drops an 8 spot or less in the win column. He’ll win more than Hermdog. Don’t know that he’ll dethrone Lincoln Riley program in the Big XII. 

I wouldn’t hate his hire. I wouldn’t be in love with it either. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

He’s a “good enough” coach. Depends on who his staff would be. The boosters will hate him. And he’ll be insufferable when he drops an 8 spot or less in the win column. He’ll win more than Hermdog. Don’t know that he’ll dethrone Lincoln Riley program in the Big XII. 

I wouldn’t hate his hire. I wouldn’t be in love with it either. 

Pretty much, only one hire is moving the entire fan base. This would be the best hire since Mack which is saying diddly poo

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty much, only one hire is moving the entire fan base. This would be the best hire since Mack which is saying diddly poo

Brian Kelly would be the best football hire (note: not saying anything about results) that the University of Texas has ever made. A coach moving from one blue-blood to another during a period of success has basically never happened in the modern college football era and would create an unprecedented Twitter news earthquake.
Believe me, I get (and agree with) all of the Kelly criticism, and obviously Urban is choice 1A. But everyone needs to realize the “holy shit” nationally that would follow if Texas was able to pull this off.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Great. Every year we will kick ass until we get to the bowl/playoff and get a 30+ point ass raping.

Think of it as he'll keep the program ok for the 3 or 4 years until Urban washes out in the NFL....

Edited by clapclapclap
Plus the style points from raiding ND.