Brian Kelly or Bust

RGBIII

12 hours ago, RollLeft said:

I'm all in on Urb...but the thought of Muschamp being our DC again, i'm embarassed to say, is arousing.  This is the emotion you want in a DC.  Poor bastard doesn't have the brains nor the skills or capacity to be a good head coach but no doubt he'd be my number one choice for DC in the entire country.  

0ae319c31a56a9c405ce65dde09c030004ade780

God damn I miss seeing that angry mother fucker on the sideline. Watching him blowup was beyond awesome 

8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm with some others, I don't get the fascination with Muschamp. He was a good coordinator, but so was Greg Robinson. But if he came with UM or BK, I'd be pretty happy. He's a great recruiter. 

I think 10+ years of misery has us wanting someone to light up the players when they fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm with some others, I don't get the fascination with Muschamp. He was a good coordinator, but so was Greg Robinson. But if he came with UM or BK, I'd be pretty happy. He's a great recruiter. 

In 2007 the Texas defense ranked 28th nationally by Def S&P+. In 2008 (when Muschamp arrived), Texas was 16th; in 2009, Texas was 6th. In the shit-tastic 2010 season, the Texas defense ranked 10th. 

The fascination with Muschamp was that he turned a pretty mediocre Texas defense into a pretty badass Texas defense while in Austin. He also joined the staff just in time for one of the most enjoyable Texas seasons in a long time (2008) and another season in which the team nearly won it all. 

Also, it is enjoyable when a coach goes batshit crazy on the sidelines when the team is kicking ass. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'd just be happy my Boom M'Fer shirt would again be relevant and not a relic. :D

16 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

From the Humidor I posted in the CUM thread. I think we got a yes from Kelly and are keeping Sark after Dark warm as backup if he changes his mind

I didn't get that at all from that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

In 2007 the Texas defense ranked 28th nationally by Def S&P+. In 2008 (when Muschamp arrived), Texas was 16th; in 2009, Texas was 6th. In the shit-tastic 2010 season, the Texas defense ranked 10th. 

The fascination with Muschamp was that he turned a pretty mediocre Texas defense into a pretty badass Texas defense while in Austin. He also joined the staff just in time for one of the most enjoyable Texas seasons in a long time (2008) and another season in which the team nearly won it all. 

Also, it is enjoyable when a coach goes batshit crazy on the sidelines when the team is kicking ass. 

exactly.  the 2010 debacle was all on Mack and the offense when he made Davis run an offense that did not fit Davis or his personnel. beyond fucking dumb

would gladly have muschamp as DC

Kelly or Fickell are good, realistic choices to me.

The problem with Sark and guys like him is you don't know how much of that is Saban keeping him in check. A HC who demands the best out of his assistants doesn't always mean those assistants can function on their own. There is no guarantee that they learned from the master.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Kelly or Fickell are good, realistic choices to me.

The problem with Sark and guys like him is you don't know how much of that is Saban keeping him in check. A HC who demands the best out of his assistants doesn't always mean those assistants can function on their own. There is no guarantee that they learned from the master.

I agree but it is worse than you are describing. Most head coaches don't run their offenses or defenses. They manage the organization, hold employees accountable, provide direction, and demand work ethic. The good ones hire good coordinators to run the offense and defense. Being good at Xs and Os should be a small part of the job.

Nothing Sark has done has given me any indication that he has a strong work ethic or demands a strong work ethic. And nothing Sark has done leads me to believe that he can manage an organization and hold people accountable and provide leadership. Basically, I think he would be a failure and I think his past track record leads to the same conclusion.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

From the Humidor I posted in the CUM thread. I think we got a yes from Kelly and are keeping Sark after Dark warm as backup if he changes his mind

I'd prefer Sark if he could bring Muschamp with him. I think his ceiling is SKY FUCKING HIGH.

• Hook 'Em 1

Any fucking coach that has a playoff game and is already planning an exit is shit imo. Fuck that pussy shit. Yeah, it sucks to go against the best team in the nation, but at least fucking try to focus on that game instead of sneaking out the back. I think that’s what image more than anything about the BK stuff. Besides just not liking him as a coach. 

Pros and Cons of Cutty Sark

pros:

-offense would be fucking humming

-offensive recruiting would be the best it has ever been 

-Seems to be loved by players and coaches including Saban

-would be the cheapest realistic hire

cons:

-booze will always be an issue

-suing USC for wrongful termination was not a good look

-pretty average success at UW and USC 

-booze, needs to be listed twice

I just can’t fathom a scenario where CDC and the powers that be want to hitch their wagon to Sark with those big bright red flags. Also all this Sark buzz is coming directly from CDC(based on the 995ers reporting it), which leads me to believe it’s not going to be Sark and is just smoke

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Kelly or Fickell is a  good, realistic choice to me.

FIFM

49 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Pros and Cons of Cutty Sark

pros:

-offense would be fucking humming

-offensive recruiting would be the best it has ever been 

-Seems to be loved by players and coaches including Saban

-would be the cheapest realistic hire

cons:

-booze will always be an issue

-suing USC for wrongful termination was not a good look

-pretty average success at UW and USC 

-booze, needs to be listed twice

I just can’t fathom a scenario where CDC and the powers that be want to hitch their wagon to Sark with those big bright red flags. Also all this Sark buzz is coming directly from CDC(based on the 995ers reporting it), which leads me to believe it’s not going to be Sark and is just smoke

Kiffin calling him a genius was interesting. 

4 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Not mention we haven’t had an elite defense since he left. I’d love for him to be our Venables 

11 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Against Bama

ND won the toss and took the ball.

Ran a QB draw on 3rd and 15.  

Still want to keep this thread going?

Still want him. At Texas he can have those 'Bama' athletes.

Nice try with your Lou Holtz 'Poor mouth' imitation. 

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

after bama beats nd by 40 or so, i just can't imagine BK having any BDE calling recruits.  I think the Urban deal is done and has been done for some time.  but, if we were to choose someone other than him i'd be most excited about shanahan if he'd do it, then sark

Absolutely no, he wouldn’t be. Brian Kelly couldn’t hold the jock strap for a properly motivated Mack Brown. Kelly isn’t coming here, anyway, and neither is Urban. I’m sick of all this stupid rumor mongering started by nerds like that fuckhead Jesus Shuttlesworth. Anyone who says “The University of by God Texas” should be kicked in the nuts.
Any fanbase this large will have its share of idiots, but the Mackenzie Kellys of us are the loudest and most social media savvy these days. It’s fucking embarrassing.  Fuck you, fuck this thread, fuck FitLump, fuck everybody. 
fuck Fitlump?

eeeewwwwww that's sick

42 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Love to hear this. What about if Kelly is hired? 

Not sure.  This was a few weeks ago when the UM rumors were hot.  The main kid I was told stuff from graduated a few years ago and I was catching up over breakfast and the topic came up.  It didn’t seem like it’d take too much to bring interest back.  Said Ewers has always been a big Texas fan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Not sure.  This was a few weeks ago when the UM rumors were hot.  The main kid I was told stuff from graduated a few years ago and I was catching up over breakfast and the topic came up.  It didn’t seem like it’d take too much to bring interest back.  Said Ewers has always been a big Texas fan. 

Dope. Anyone but Herman then at this point. I knew he's a Texas fan, so hopefully anyone new can convince him he's the future and he steps in and takes us back to the top. A man can dream 

• Hook 'Em 1

OK, it looks like BK can still be our coach. But, what are the rules? If he gets blown out, we don't want him. If he wins, he stays at ND. If he loses in a close game, will he decide that he can win it all at UT or if he tweaks a few things that he can win it all at ND? 😁

1 hour ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I work at a Central TX HS and know a few kids that knows Ewers personally.  They said he left because of Herman and Ohio St puts guys in the league.  Also was assured If UM is hired, he’d come back to UT. 

I guess if you want to sign one rookie contract and then bust out. That’s the tOSU track record in the NFL for QB’s. Maybe Fields changes that but I have my doubts. 

• Hook 'Em 1