Cheez-It Bowl - #21 OK State v. #18 Miami - 4:30 pm ESPN

'stache

2 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Is Summer Sanders really your best qb?

Not from what I’ve seen with the offense we found the most success with.  Illingworth is slow but more Rudolph/Weeden than Zac Robinson but we’ve mostly rolled with Sanders as Gundy wants to run instead of air raid it out like we did a decade ago winning the conference. 

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

Not from what I’ve seen with the offense we found the most success with.  Illingworth is slow but more Rudolph/Weeden than Zac Robinson but we’ve mostly rolled with Sanders as Gundy wants to run instead of air raid it out like we did a decade ago winning the conference. 

I've held out hope that Sanders would get better between the earholes, which is his problem, takes too long to decide to run or pass, takes too many sacks, and his interceptions are usually because of late passes or bad decisions. I've pretty much lost hope now. I hope Illingsworth gets a fair shake in the offseason.

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I've held out hope that Sanders would get better between the earholes, which is his problem, takes too long to decide to run or pass, takes too many sacks, and his interceptions are usually because of late passes or bad decisions. I've pretty much lost hope now. I hope Illingsworth gets a fair shake in the offseason.

He's rushing things now.  He hasn't settled down, he has sped up.  I don't know why he's rushing things because his accuracy is now off.

8 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Did this guy just say King may come back in the second half to play in this game?  No, he won't.  He won't risk his future for a cracker bowl.  If he does, he shouldn't get drafted due to incompetence.  

Guys don't announce that they're coming back for a covid super senior year if they're drawing much draft interest

19 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I agree but add in that we haven’t had a Holgy or Monken to tell Gundy to shut up and color while OC.  The first quarter seemed to fit our personnel and stretched the field, but the 2nd was ‘ok we have a lead, let’s burn clock and get out of here...whaddya mean there’s 3 quarters left?’   For ages that’s been one of only two real critiques I have of the man...the other being management of starting quarterbacks.  

If we go out trying every play in the book and lean on what’s working (passing game so far today for the most part), I’m ok with that.  If we play loose, run up the score, then try to burn clock before it’s even halftime then I get pissy.  

Edited by Homercles

15 minutes ago, WBT said:

Guys don't announce that they're coming back for a covid super senior year if they're drawing much draft interest

True.  I also don't think he plays qb at the next level.  His best bet would be slot or scatback but this hurts that long shot. 

Going forward, if you're Miami, would you look forward to a qb with two injuries to the same knee returning?  I'd move on.  

Edited by Mdhorn