Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Arnett may have had a slight disadvantage in the personnel department versus Bama’s D.

Chef A gets potatoes. Chef B gets sweet potatoes. Its not a surprise Chef B makes the better pie.

How are their posters on here and Texans owners that dont get this concept?

8 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

No fun? Did you ever Urban or Bust? A very large percentage of that posting involved alcohol. And bad food. The best posting usually involves some level of inebriation. This thread should be no different. 

It's time to ingest alcohol? Sweet. Dancetime.

OptimisticScalyEuropeanpolecat-size_rest

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 4

17 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

I would really prefer we keep Ash unless there’s a badass out there. His defense was really improving. We had real linebacker development for the first time since Hicks in 2014?

Well the LB coach is gone. And the only thing that Ash has over Golding currently is a national title. If Bama wins Tuesday that’s gone so then what?

6 minutes ago, Ultimate Failure said:

Is Kyle Flood confirmed, or are we still relying on the 247 report?

No one is 'confirmed'.  But there are multiple reports that Flood is expected to be the new OL and likely the OC.  And they've clearly hired someone - as Hand has been let go.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

While Golding would not be my first choice, I still find it amusing that the Golding haters are basing their hate on Bama’s inability to stop spread offenses. This entire argument is based off the results of two games, both of which were won by the Tide. Alabama’s defensive roster is built with players who were recruited to stop the run up front and play physical man coverage on the backend. I trust that if Golding were to come to Texas, we would stockpile players who are more suited to stopping the spread, since that would be the offense we would face at least 9 times next year.

Not just two games. Wasn’t Golding DC last year?  With all those 5 stars running around to give up 48 to Auburn and 41 to LSU is unacceptable and when you add Mississippi torching him this year with their roster there are definite red flags with Golding

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

While Golding would not be my first choice, I still find it amusing that the Golding haters are basing their hate on Bama’s inability to stop spread offenses. This entire argument is based off the results of two games, both of which were won by the Tide. Alabama’s defensive roster is built with players who were recruited to stop the run up front and play physical man coverage on the backend. I trust that if Golding were to come to Texas, we would stockpile players who are more suited to stopping the spread, since that would be the offense we would face at least 9 times next year.

While I agree with the point your making (at least if I understand you correctly); I’d simply ask- Can a 4* or 5* player not be coached to “stop the spread”? 
I mean, they’re all freaks of nature / long, lean, coordinated ATHLETES.

5 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Not just two games. Wasn’t Golding DC last year?  With all those 5 stars running around to give up 48 to Auburn and 41 to LSU is unacceptable and when you add Mississippi torching him this year with their roster there are definite red flags with Golding

Agreed, the point being there are red flags with all these guys. Arnette is young and virtually unproven. Muschamp was 5-7 his last year here, and has strung together several shittastic seasons since. Dan Quinn has been in the college game in several years. Freeman, who went to ND, did his damage at the G5 level. 

they all have red flags, but they are all still regarded as really good coaches. We are going to be okay with any of these.

7 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

While I agree with the point your making (at least if I understand you correctly); I’d simply ask- Can a 4* or 5* player not be coached to “stop the spread”? 

Absolutely they can. I am certainly not saying Bama’s talent is a detriment. However, I think Golding’s defensive schemes would get more adjusted to the spread if he were preparing for it every week.

Edited by FloridaHorn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Ask Ayodele why he couldn’t carry a running back on a wheel or a slot on a cross. Yes, they are better suited than most others to be able to do it all, but there are very few who truly excel at it.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Giving up 41 to an all time great offense isn't the giant red flag you think it is just because it's LSU or something. Auburn game is obviously bad but you're not going to find defensive coordinators who have seasons where they don't give up more than 20 points in a game, that football is long gone. And as fucking Futureman even pointed out, it was only 34 on defense.

Edited by Teryor

18 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

golding gave up 34 to auburn. sark gave up 14. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Agreed, the point being there are red flags with all these guys. Arnette is young and virtually unproven. Muschamp was 5-7 his last year here, and has strung together several shittastic seasons since. Dan Quinn has been in the college game in several years. Freeman, who went to ND, did his damage at the G5 level. 

they all have red flags, but they are all still regarded as really good coaches. We are going to be okay with any of these.

I’m sure many have forgotten Muschamps complete inability to stop the pistol his last year here. Every Defense can be beaten and every DC can look like a moron when they run into scheme limitations.

That is why the B12 has changed football in both college and pro. The offenses are way ahead of any modern defense.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Golding was such an interesting hire from Saban in the first place. Straight from UTSA with no prior P5 or NFL experience. Wonder how that came about

yeah honestly that is strange.  unless there’s some obvious reason we’re not aware of. 

6 minutes ago, futureman said:

no, exactly. two pick sixes. Golding gave up exactly 34. 

In actuality neither coached played. So Sark didn’t give up any neither did Golding. That said one could argue a poor defensive performance is more directly attributed to a poor scheme while pic 6s are likely a dumdfuck qb or a receiver who misread the coverage and ran a poor route. So not exactly 

Edited by alphahorn
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

In actuality neither coached played. So Sark didn’t give up any neither did Golding. That said one could argue a poor defensive performance is more directly attributed to a poor scheme while pic 6s are likely a dumdfuck qb or a receiver who misread the coverage and ran a poor route. So not exactly 

oh jeez fuck off. you’re in here trying to argue that Golding gave up 48 to auburn and now that I tell you he didn’t you’re coming back with a bunch of vague trivial bullshit?  laughable, man. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

oh jeez fuck off. you’re in here trying to argue that Golding gave up 48 to auburn and now that I tell you he didn’t you’re coming back with a bunch of vague trivial bullshit?  laughable, man. 

You fuck I thanked you for the 411 on the two pics implicit in that is a moderation of my original comment. I forget you are 10% IQ and 90% negative emotion

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Ask Ayodele why he couldn’t carry a running back on a wheel or a slot on a cross. Yes, they are better suited than most others to be able to do it all, but there are very few who truly excel at it.

So the real question could be; is Ayodele “slow”? Or does he just take bad angles? 😉  I kid. I get what you’re saying.  This the difference between a 4* and a “high 4*...
maybe stars do make a difference...🤔

11 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

You fuck I thanked you for the 411 on the two pics implicit in that is a moderation of my original comment. I forget you are 10% IQ and 90% negative emotion

so you want Golding giving up exactly 48 until you find out it’s only 34 and then it’s “well not exactly”?  ok, bud. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

So the real question could be; is Ayodele “slow”? Or does he just take bad angles? 😉  I kid. I get what you’re saying.  This the difference between a 4* and a “high 4*...
maybe stars do make a difference...🤔

Maybe gone...

Starting to feel somewhat optimistic about the OU WR coach.  Haven't really heard much lately on it.  Seems like if it was a definite no, then we'd have heard something by now. 

Guessing OU is trying to give him a raise to stay, but not necessarily willing to match if we truly money whipped him because then they'd have to bump all their other guys substantially too.  So he's probably torn between coming for the money or staying for a lesser increase, and a sense of loyalty.  

Not terribly worried about the WR coach position in general, because if Wiggins is supposedly the floor, that's still a pretty good upgrade as it is.  But it'd be nice to steal an actual good coach from OU as opposed to Boulware and Norvell.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

I’m sure many have forgotten Muschamps complete inability to stop the pistol his last year here. Every Defense can be beaten and every DC can look like a moron when they run into scheme limitations.

That is why the B12 has changed football in both college and pro. The offenses are way ahead of any modern defense.

Will Mischamp’s 2010 defense gave up 23 points and 300 yards per game ( 161 passing/ 138 rushing) while trying to carry the Mack/Greg retarded version of a power football offense. 

Every asshole here would grant primae noctis to any DC who could approach those numbers at Texas these days. Please sign me up for more bad Muschamp defense. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2