Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

2 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Will Mischamp’s 2010 defense gave up 23 points and 300 yards per game ( 161 passing/ 138 rushing) while trying to carry the Mack/Greg retarded version of a power football offense. 

Every asshole here would grant primae noctis to any DC who could approach those numbers at Texas these days. Please sign me up for more bad Muschamp defense. 

Wonder if those stats might have been helped by games vs Rice, Wyoming and Florida Atlantic?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

yeah honestly that is strange.  unless there’s some obvious reason we’re not aware of. 

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Golding was such an interesting hire from Saban in the first place. Straight from UTSA with no prior P5 or NFL experience. Wonder how that came about

Imma guess Saban is just unreal at finding young coaches in obscure places. He did the same with his S&C guys after Cochran left. Who would have guessed his guys would come from Indiana of all places. 

Not sure if the name got lost in the shuffle or if there was some finality to it, but what ever happened to the rumor about the Seattle LB coach that Carroll supposedly recommended to Sark? Does anyone know if he has any playcalling experience that would possibly make him a Co-DC and LB coach or something, enabling us to also take on Tosh or Raymond as Co-DC with a title or pay raise that each is looking for, respectively.  Seattle was just eliminated, so wouldn't expect a lot of delay if it is him.

Don't think it is, just seems like no one knows anything, but choices are coming off the board without any reported movement forward on other candidates, so figuring it could be a darkhorse (with the understanding that the 995ers don't know shit anyway, so not expecting them to lead some sort of valid reporting charge).

Has anybody mentioned maybe Golding doesn’t like working for Saban so that’s where the rumors started? Maybe Saban doesn’t want to fire him?? 

personally I’ll now sit back and wait til Tuesday. It’s always Tuesday. 

18 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

AA4068D5-ADC1-468A-B0D8-D21D00A13E19.png

Thanks, @RGBIII

I gotta admit. I don’t follow a lot of these “9.95” guys on Twitter and I certainly don’t pay for their opinions (did I tell you,” Thanks” @RGBIII? 🙂 ), but are they always this redundant? 
“I prefer Arnett to Golding...but I’m not really down on Golding”(nttawt)

And then he goes on to say “you just don’t see a truly elite offense paired with a truly elite defense”.  
I mean, did he watch the ‘05 CCG? I’d submit that BOTH Texas and USC were “truly elite” on both sides of the ball.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Thanks, @RGBIII

I gotta admit. I don’t follow a lot of these “9.95” guys on Twitter and I certainly don’t pay for their opinions (did I tell you,” Thanks” @RGBIII? 🙂 ), but are they always this redundant? 

And then he goes on to say “you just don’t see a truly elite offense paired with a truly elite defense”.  
I mean, did he watch the ‘05 CCG? I’d submit that BOTH Texas and USC were “truly elite” on both sides of the ball.

No, USCs defense was trash. Texas was great on both sides.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Thanks, @RGBIII

You know that was 15 years ago, right?  These players were 5.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, runthebone said:

You know that was 15 years ago, right?  These players were 5.

Not sure what you’re referencing here, but I’m talking about Nahlin and the others “reporters”. I doubt they’re in their early 20’s...hell, maybe they are...

I'm just shocked a little at the idea that a (possible) national championship team could lose their OC, DC, OL, and possibly WR coach to the same team. 

Someone posted about Golding wanting to take Karl Scott with him when Golding was under consideration for the Oklahoma job - Scott and Golding coached together at Southeastern and Tusculum and Texas has what looks like a need for a DB coach.  (It should be noted that Golding has spent most of his career as a 'DB' coach - but I expect that was Safeties.  He has coached LB's at Alabama)

Hell - the 9.95'ers haven't completely ruled out Banks either.

Maybe Saban is retiring?

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, NTVTXN said:

Not sure what you’re referencing here, but I’m talking about Nahlin and the others “reporters”. I doubt they’re in their early 20’s...hell, maybe they are...

I think he's talking about how offenses have evolved over the last 15 years - and the idea that because offenses are moving so much faster and there are so many more possessions in a game than 15 years ago that its hard for a team with an elite offense to have an elite defense just because of how many more possessions they'll have to defend.

• Hook 'Em 4

40 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Thanks, @RGBIII

Your counterpoint was 15 years ago. Things have changed, grandpa. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I think he's talking about how offenses have evolved over the last 15 years - and the idea that because offenses are moving so much faster and there are so many more possessions in a game than 15 years ago that its hard for a team with an elite offense to have an elite defense just because of how many more possessions they'll have to defend.

I Dont Get It The Office GIF

I kid.  Yeah, I get it.  This make much more sense. 
The Office Reaction GIF

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

And I should clarify - obviously you can still have an elite defense.  It will show up in advanced stats that track things like ppp - but for most fans that use stats like total yards or points allowed those defenses won't be considered 'elite'.

• Like 1

Not that young, but basic literacy isnt a prerequisite for being a $9.95'er
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I'm just shocked a little at the idea that a (possible) national championship team could lose their OC, DC, OL, and possibly WR coach to the same team. 

Someone posted about Golding wanting to take Karl Scott with him when Golding was under consideration for the Oklahoma job - Scott and Golding coached together at Southeastern and Tusculum and Texas has what looks like a need for a DB coach. 

Maybe Saban is retiring?

If Saban were retiring after the end of the season, why would Sarkisian come to Texas? Wasn't Sarkisian allegedly being groomed to take over in Tuscaloosa? Why leave an established infrastructure for a renovation project?

Edited by UDontKnow

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

If Saban were retiring after the end of the Sarkisian why would Sarkisian come to Texas? Wasn't Sarkisian allegedly being groomed to take over in Tuscaloosa? Why leave an established infrastructure for a renovation project?

It doesn't make any sense.  Just random thought trying to explain what could be a strange staff shift that sends half on their coaches west to Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Saban were retiring after the end of the season, why would Sarkisian come to Texas? Wasn't Sarkisian allegedly being groomed to take over in Tuscaloosa? Why leave an established infrastructure for a renovation project?
Who would want to be the coach immediately following a legend? That rarely works out in the new coaches favor..
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:
5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Who would want to be the coach immediately following a legend? That rarely works out in the new coaches favor..

I hate to say it, but it's working out well for Lincoln Riley.

11 minutes ago, ousux said:
12 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Im going to pretend you just didnt imply bag o dicks is a legend..

I mean, he did eat the Old 96er, a 96 oz. platter of dicks, cementing his place as a dick-eating legend.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Someone posted about Golding wanting to take Karl Scott with him when Golding was under consideration for the Oklahoma job - Scott and Golding coached together at Southeastern and Tusculum and Texas has what looks like a need for a DB coach.  (It should be noted that Golding has spent most of his career as a 'DB' coach - but I expect that was Safeties.  He has coached LB's at Alabama)

Maybe Saban is retiring?

23 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

20 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It doesn't make any sense.  Just random thought trying to explain what could be a strange staff shift that sends half on their coaches west to Austin.

It’s because obviously Dabo is going to take over. Obviously 

17 minutes ago, ousux said:
18 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Im going to pretend you just didnt imply bag o dicks is a legend..

10 conference championships or so and a national title ain't bad.

Yes. Alabama is going to be in a real pickle when Saban retires and they have to convince someone to take a job as a head coach of the most talented team in the country with a massive infrastructure and history of success.
  • Haha 1