Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

35 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Still wild that we haven’t heard anything leading us to a single candidate yet...still feel like it’s Arnett because who the fuck else could it be logically

Either way, wouldn’t be surprised if we have a massive mole hunt going on in conjunction with the search.  FCB’s leads seem to have dried up. Wonder if Chang and others got caught up in it.

But ya. Arnett seems like the logical choice but we got no clue. I like the way Sark and the admin are playing this. 

Don't agree with hiring defensive assistant coaches / position coaches without the DC's consent. Sark should know better than that... he's rushing things when it's not necessary. We paid through OUr asses when an offensive genius took over as HC. We learned... "Hey, you're an offense mastermind, please do not dabble in defense, and please hire who the best minds tell you to, and leave them in autonomy."

Sark reminds me of OUr offensive mastermind, who should take advice, and keep his hands off the defense. You guys saw Mike Stoops! That's a lesson- in what one should never do. Riley should have fired Mike Stoops day one. Instead he gave him a "chance" (poor decision).

Edited by BoomerSooner2578
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 39

7 minutes ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

Don't agree with hiring defensive assistant coaches / position coaches without the DC's consent. Sark should know better than that... he's rushing things when it's not necessary. We paid through OUr asses when an offensive genius took over as HC. We learned... "Hey, you're an offense mastermind, please do not dabble in defense, and please hire who the best minds tell you to, and leave them in autonomy."

Sark reminds me of OUr offensive mastermind, who should take advice, and keep his hands off the defense. You guys saw Mike Stoops! That's a lesson- in what one should never do. Riley should have fired Mike Stoops day one. Instead he gave him a "chance" (poor decision).

Ah, yes, he’s “rushing things” as we are sitting here two weeks after he was hired and still don’t have a complete staff.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Ah, yes, he’s “rushing things” as we are sitting here two weeks after he was hired and still don’t have a complete staff.

I'm saying, "get the DC first, keep your hands off the defense, and let the DC hire his own staff." Learn from OUr mistakes, there's plenty. Mainly, not firing Mike Stoops in 2017 on DAY ONE.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 12

11 minutes ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

GTFO gooner. We don't give a shit what you think. Enjoy getting your shit pushed in this year ;) 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

GTFO gooner. We don't give a shit what you think. Enjoy getting your shit pushed in this year ;) 

There's much to learn in others' experiences, and mistakes. I'm not trying to start a "OU vs. UT" thing. Just look at what happened when Riley kept Mike Stoops on. Let your DC assemble his own staff, and be autonomous. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 9

10 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

My bad. I saw the uniform and just jumped to conclusions.

Reminds me of an old joke about a man that walks into a bar and starts chatting up this cute blonde. Things are going pretty well when he decides to cut to the chase. "Would you sleep with me for a million dollars?" he asked. She thinks about for a second and say, "Yes, I would." The man takes a long pull on his beer and asks, "Would you sleep with me for $5?" The woman huffed and said, "What kind of woman do you think I am?" The man calmly replied, "We established that with the first question. Don't get pissy now because we're haggling over price."

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

How is this trolling? I'm speaking from experience. What about my post isn't true? We had to fire Mike Stoops!

How is this trolling? Ugh.........this is a Longhorn forum and your screen name is Boomer Sooner. 

Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.

Honestly, you posting in this forum is inflammatory but I will  give you credit for not hiding your true allegiance.

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

How is this trolling? Ugh.........this is a Longhorn forum and your screen name is Boomer Sooner. 

Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.

Honestly, you posting in this forum is inflammatory but I will  give you credit for not hiding your true allegiance.

it's on topic. it's not trolling.

• Fuck You 8

58 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

In my distant past I came to know many strippers. All of them enjoyed giving it away and I took full advantage whenever possible. The only places I witnessed them selling it was in Vegas. Those are straight up whores.

Never been to Larry Flint’s in Shreveport huh? Or..... so I’ve been told....

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

There's much to learn in others' experiences, and mistakes. I'm not trying to start a "OU vs. UT" thing. Just look at what happened when Riley kept Mike Stoops on. Let your DC assemble his own staff, and be autonomous. 

Mike Stoops is a dumb as fuck, toad licking, fart sniffing, knuckle dragging, ballon knot. You know what he had, a fucking rolodex, and experience. He was a waste of space, still is. You know what Sark is doing? Looking at young hungry wolves that do not have that rolodex. He has gone out and gotten guys to believe in his offense and recruiting ability. Guys with serious skins, and defensive recruiting ability. He has gotten them to commit to coming to Texas, even when they do not know who their coordinator is. This cream of the crop has committed to coaching with whomever he picks. If he picks an innovative snot-nose, the position coaches he is giving them are better than they could have ever hoped to draw by themselves.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF
not coordinators, position coaches to clear up
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

If he picks an innovative snot-nose, the coordinators he is giving them are better than they could have ever hoped to draw by themselves.

I agree with everything you said about Mike Stoops, but I don't get what you're saying here. OU's D has improved SO much under Grinch with Mike's recruits being the upper-classmen. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

I agree with everything you said about Mike Stoops, but I don't get what you're saying here. OU's D has improved SO much under Grinch with Mike's recruits being the upper-classmen. 

Okay so lets assume you are not trolling and making an honest point: it is still a bad one. Bo Davis is someone you kill to have on your staff and any DC who wouldn't want him is an actual fucking retard we should never hire anyway. If we had delayed his hiring by even days he would have ended up at any of the dozens of other places in college and the NFL killing to have him. Joseph was a similar deal; either snatch him then or miss out. He wasn't going to be available by the title game let alone now when we still haven't made the DC hire. 

The only other member of the defensive staff, and the only one that is arguably a questionable hire, is Gideon. In retrospect had we known Banks was coming it is likely we would not have pressed so hard to get him as quickly as we did but he had plenty of offers out there and likely would not have been available. Considered a rising star, fuck tons of connections with HS coaches (something Texas badly needs to repair) and a lot of people our decision makers respect consider him basically 'the next great up and coming defensive coach'. Plus you really need at least one guy on staff who actually knows what its like to be a student at the program itself and he fits that bill as well. 

TLDR You have to be actually fucking retarded to take issue with Bo Davis or Joseph hires, DC in place or not, and Gideon made a ton of sense at the time (and still does) as well. DC can still bring along one underling. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

Hmm.. thanks for the idea. Maybe we should throw a ridiculous offer at Grinch. Not because we want him, but because we want the mouth breathers to search their trailer park couch cushions for enough coin to "save" him from the evil Texum Longhorns. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Mike Stoops is a dumb as fuck, toad licking, fart sniffing, knuckle dragging, ballon knot. You know what he had, a fucking rolodex, and experience. He was a waste of space, still is. You know what Sark is doing? Looking at young hungry wolves that do not have that rolodex. He has gone out and gotten guys to believe in his offense and recruiting ability. Guys with serious skins, and defensive recruiting ability. He has gotten them to commit to coming to Texas, even when they do not know who their coordinator is. This cream of the crop has committed to coaching with whomever he picks. If he picks an innovative snot-nose, the coordinators he is giving them are better than they could have ever hoped to draw by themselves.

CHIEF

Jeremy Renner Reaction GIF

Just now, HateYouAndMyself said:

Okay so lets assume you are not trolling and making an honest point: it is still a bad one. Bo Davis is someone you kill to have on your staff and any DC who wouldn't want him is an actual fucking retard we should never hire anyway. If we had delayed his hiring by even days he would have ended up at any of the dozens of other places in college and the NFL killing to have him. Joseph was a similar deal; either snatch him then or miss out. He wasn't going to be available by the title game let alone now when we still haven't made the DC hire. 

The only other member of the defensive staff, and the only one that is arguably a questionable hire, is Gideon. In retrospect had we known Banks was coming it is likely we would not have pressed so hard to get him as quickly as we did but he had plenty of offers out there and likely would not have been available. Considered a rising star, fuck tons of connections with HS coaches (something Texas badly needs to repair) and a lot of people our decision makers respect consider him basically 'the next great up and coming defensive coach'. Plus you really need at least one guy on staff who actually knows what its like to be a student at the program itself and he fits that bill as well. 

TLDR You have to be actually fucking retarded to take issue with Bo Davis or Joseph hires, DC in place or not, and Gideon made a ton of sense at the time (and still does) as well. DC can still bring along one underling. 

There's many good points in here. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

I'm just saying that Arnett, Lanning, and Golding would be walking into a situation that is less ideal, talent wise. It would be tough to get the best position coaches to jump on board with these inexperienced coordinators, even though they came from top 5 programs. These defensive position coaches believe in Sark enough that they are willing to jump on board even though they do not know who the DC will be, and would, possibly, not jump on board otherwise. They have already jumped on board for the "new car" smell, and excitement. 

CHIEF

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

I'm just saying that Arnett, Lanning, and Golding would be walking into a situation that is less ideal, talent wise. It would be tough to get the best position coaches to jump on board with these inexperienced coordinators, even though they came from top 5 programs. These defensive position coaches believe in Sark enough that they are willing to jump on board even though they do not know who the DC will be, and would, possibly, not jump on board otherwise. They have already jumped on board for the "new car" smell, and excitement. 

CHIEF

That makes sense. If these position coaches are men you can be sure that Sark's DC will embrace, then it is a good decision. I hope you guys get the DC you want / Sark wants.

• Fuck You 2

If we're throwing out random candidates eith tangential connections to the new coaching staff, allow me to advance Ravens pass defense coordinator Chris Hewitt. Like all things UT coaching search, this story has roots back at Rutgers where Hewitt worked with Kyle Flood from 2005-2011

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

I don't care what anyone says, that dude can coach some defense. Don't want him here as the DC but he has a dam good resume. Comes off as a goofy fuck sometimes but his defenses wrecked some QB's

He would've been a great hire by Urban Meyer. Instead, he chose Chris Ash and Chuck Strong.

We're gonna hire Bobby Jack Wright aren't we?