Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The only thing worse would be Mike Stoops calling plays.

We’re likely minutes away from the Shawn Watsoning of this guy’s run as HC at Texas. 

Is that what you’re hearing or are you guessing? 

What would you think if he was paired with Ansley as Co-DC?

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

No he didn’t. I’m not saying that is any reflection on Hutzler but let’s not try to rewrite history. Mitchell is a fucking terrible football player. He’s a little less terrible than he used to be but he is anything but “respectable”. 

Your opinion vs mine. I agree to disagree. The LB group was much better than last year, giving credit where it belongs. Coach Boom raves about him he is good in my book, maybe you should stop making this about Juwan. Did he fuck your wife or something. I get it, he is a turd and most including me don't like him but don't take away his progression for a solid coaching effort out of spite for the said turd.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I can only assume you know something we don't.

3 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Is that what you’re hearing or are you guessing? 

What would you think if he was paired with Ansley as Co-DC?

If I knew something, I usually would try to indicate as much. I’m just handwringing like the rest of you. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

We’re likely minutes away from the Shawn Watsoning of this guy’s run as HC at Texas. 

Not really the same thing.  Watson was actually Charlie's choice. I'm not holding it against Sark that Muschamp was in and changed his mind.  Hopefully can still pull a rabbit out of a hat.

10 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Your opinion vs mine. I agree to disagree. The LB group was much better than last year, giving credit where it belongs. Coach Boom raves about him he is good in my book, maybe you should stop making this about Juwan. Did he fuck your wife or something. I get it, he is a turd and most including me don't like him but don't take away his progression for a solid coaching effort out of spite for the said turd.

Your opinion is wrong. Mitchell improved, but he still sucked and needs to be replaced. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Skipper said:

Not really the same thing.  Watson was actually Charlie's choice. I'm not holding it against Sark that Muschamp was in and changed his mind.  Hopefully can still pull a rabbit out of a hat.

1) Let’s just hope it doesn’t happen, making this discussion irrelevant. 

2) For me, it’s less about how the hiring went down versus what the hire does for the program. So I get the point, but a disaster calling plays on either side of the ball immediately throws the Sarkisian era into peril. Stoops or Lupoi calling plays would do that. 

3) If Stoops joins the staff, it is actually because Sark has been working to get him here the whole time, in spite of sound counsel pushing back. Whether he’s calling plays or not, that would look an awful lot like how Strong handled getting Watson in.

So, let’s hope for the breaks to go in our direction this time. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

Seems like Arnett or Golding are most likely 

Holding out hope for Odom, although the only interest I’ve seen/heard about him came from Dennis Dodd, who is a bit dubious 

Odom and Arnett sound like what Sark wants going off the zoom interview posted by machinator.  Multiple and using different looks.  I'd take either as DC/LB and maybe make a run at Ansley as a Co-DC title and CB's coach?  

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Your opinion is wrong. Mitchell improved, but he still sucked and needs to be replaced. 

Your opinion of my opinion being wrong doesn't make it true, like I said, agree to disagree. JFC, I said he was respectable. At what point does that mean he shouldn't be replaced? Did I say anything to the contrary? The entire subject was brought up about Hutzler with facts supporting the improved coaching of Juwan. This wasn't, never has been and never will be specifically about Juwan so stop inferring that it was.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Odom and Arnett sound like what Sark wants going off the zoom interview posted by machinator.  Multiple and using different looks.  I'd take either as DC/LB and maybe make a run at Ansley as a Co-DC title and CB's coach?  

what I don't get here is what DC, in this day, would not say that he runs multiple with different looks.  this isn't 70's purple people eaters, doomsday defense era.

On 1/14/2021 at 7:07 PM, taybo20 said:

What's happening with Hutzler? Would it be possible to keep him around and bring in Lupoi and they can Co-DC? Or am i a regard for even suggesting it?

Haven't seen anything definitive, but some earlier posts indicated he removed all references to Texas from his twitter account and that Ole Miss was strongly considering hiring him.

Edited by sith_horn

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Neither fired Oregon

we should offer Jim Leonard like 2.5-2.75 million honestly. 

Jim Leonhard isn't leaving Wisconsin.

From there

Played college ball there 

Was basically an analyst for a year there 

Was a position coach there 

Now is the DC there 

Hasn't coached anywhere else, and is well paid (so not like he's making 500k)

Hes a great name but we have the same odds of having him as our DC next year as we do of Bum (NOT Wade) Phillips being on the sideline as DC

Zero GIF by memecandy

>Get Odom back on the phone.

or

>Call Ash back.   

or before we do something stupid like call Stoops i'd rather we call ELKO. 

and i'll leave this right here, regarding the special assistant position(s).....

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/s02e22-phillips-3-4-defense-w-wade-phillips-former/id1473232876?i=1000499711986

image.png.a45fb4f6603a65954963ec4e8e4e1901.png 

image.png.ec0d68408c1333c6123fc487b9678b35.png

Edited by RollLeft

1 hour ago, cam4mav said:

why are people freaking out all of a sudden?

Aside from Ash to Jax, did anything else change since last night? 

wtf am I missing. Is it still looking to be between Georgia DC, Bama DC, LSU DC?

First of all, LSU doesn't have a DC currently.  Segundo, Lanning - GA DC, just signed an extension.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

From there

Now is the DC there 

Hes a great name but we have the same odds of having him as our DC next year as we do of Bum (NOT Wade) Phillips being on the sideline as DC

Zero GIF by memecandy

Probably so. But hey...phone calls are free. 

From there
Now is the DC there 
200.gif

Money talks and Wisconsin is not gonna pay him 2mil+

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) Let’s just hope it doesn’t happen, making this discussion irrelevant. 

2) For me, it’s less about how the hiring went down versus what the hire does for the program. So I get the point, but a disaster calling plays on either side of the ball immediately throws the Sarkisian era into peril. Stoops or Lupoi calling plays would do that. 

3) If Stoops joins the staff, it is actually because Sark has been working to get him here the whole time, in spite of sound counsel pushing back. Whether he’s calling plays or not, that would look an awful lot like how Strong handled getting Watson in.

So, let’s hope for the breaks to go in our direction this time. 

wait a damn minute here homie. Sark has been coaching with these guys for awhile now. I would think he would know who is a good defensive coach if he is the offensive genius we say he is. 

This shit gets so confusing 

5 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

wait a damn minute here homie. Sark has been coaching with these guys for awhile now. I would think he would know who is a good defensive coach if he is the offensive genius we say he is. 

This shit gets so confusing 

What you don't understand is the posters on this board know way more about football than Sark does. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

What you don't understand is the posters on this board know way more about football than Sark does. 

You know who else knows more about football than the posters on this board? Charlie Strong and Tom Herman. They both shot themselves right in the dick with their coordinator hires too. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Seems like it has to be Odom or Arnett at this point. My money is on Odom. Still wish Ash was getting more consideration but obviously not happening.

Pruitt would be another candidate too but sounds like he's working as if he's staying and I can't see hiring him if he gets slapped with anything serious. And I don't think anyone knows when he'd be available. Weird situation there though.

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Seems like it has to be Odom or Arnett at this point. My money is on Odom. Still wish Ash was getting more consideration but obviously not happening.

Pruitt would be another candidate too but sounds like he's working as if he's staying and I can't see hiring him if he gets slapped with anything serious. And I don't think anyone knows when he'd be available. Weird situation there though.

I saw something in one of the threads that Tenn and Pruitt were negotiating a buyout and this could be done by the end of the weekend. Not sure how accurate that is, but most of their message boards expect him gone by Monday.