Bold Predictions for 2021

TommyGufano

A thread I enjoyed from 2020. Thanks @RockyMountainHighHorn for inspiration. Gonna basically copy his initial post from last year:

Time for some bold predictions for the upcoming year. Will suggest some topics but feel free to add on or throw away. Remember they need to be BOLD not italic. Feel free to be as pessimistic or optimistic as you want. 

Prediction for a win or loss-opponent or score 

Prediction for a breakout player or regression

Incoming freshman that will outplay ranking or underwhelm 

Coach that will be on the hot seat the quickest or get on the “cold seat”

Surprising stat for the season

-team 

-player 

End of the year surprise-award, record, bowl, firing, etc. 

Scenario people don’t see coming-injury, position change, depth chart, dkr entertainment, recruiting, etc

• Like 1

I predict that Texas will win the Big XII this coming year. Sark isn't gonna take his foot off the gas, not gonna be three OT games. Oklahoma will be better than last year, but our coaching just got a massive upgrade. Receivers will be schemed open, as well as dialed-up pressure will actually get to the QB. TT and TCU will lose by at least two touchdowns to Texas. This hire feels completely different than the two previous. Bijan will have about 1500 yards on the season, and will be compared to Saquon Barkley, Adrian Peterson, and Ricky Williams. There, I said it. Anybody want a glass of Kool-aid?

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Good bold prediction: Texas gets a B12 CCG and Sugar Bowl berth.

Bad bold prediction: OU plays in the national championship game.

So 10-3 with 2 losses to OU? 

Edited by Js1

Jake Smith will have 500 yards receiving and that will be good for 3rd on the team next year. 

I see something like Moore, Big O, JS, and Bijan and then big man Wiley for the top 5 in receiving yards and somewhere we have to account for JW as well.

If big O comes back and is the monster he we being billed as last spring, then the WR room will look instantly better. 

Losing to OU twice in the same year might destroy my soul. 

Eh. In the moment yes. But I’ve developed quite the tolerance when it comes to Texas losing and Oklahoma is loaded next year. This year should’ve really been the year.

Take case of business elsewhere, get to Arlington, compete with them, and recruit well and I can live with it for this year. Unless it is some ridiculous new way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, which you can never put past Texas.

Eh. In the moment yes. But I’ve developed quite the tolerance when it comes to Texas losing and Oklahoma is loaded next year. This year should’ve really been the year.

Take case of business elsewhere, get to Arlington, compete with them, and recruit well and I can live with it for this year. Unless it is some ridiculous new way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, which you can never put past Texas.
Meh, their throats are loaded with dicks straight from the crimson bag. They will be ranked above us and favored for sure, but thats when we seem to pull off the miracle win. I think we have coaches on both sides of the ball who can outsmart belly tat and the Grinch when it comes to in game adjustments. Whatever talent advantge they have won't make a shit.

We lose first two games, just like if it were Maryland, everybody on this board is ready to fire Sark, and he reels off 10 wins in a row.  Starting Qb gets injured first half of conference champ game, but Bij takes over, and gains 200 yards combo. That game produces our only OT game of the year....and...........we lose.  Picture a similar game to Holiday Bowl game when Roy and BJ couldn’t catch passes in the end zone.  

Everybody heart broken, but we go to Cotton Bowl, beat some sorry SEC team, and THen we clean up recruiting. We get the QB from west lake again, and we end up number 2 in recruiting.  

We finish number 4 in country, hello aggy, and we are number 4 ranked preseason team for 22.  

Not very bold, but...

Bijan, (assuming he stays injury free), seems to be a great kid with a good head on his shoulders.  He should have a great year.

Beyond that, I expect the corching upgrade to be instant and obvious, regardless of the win loss record. Sark will do what he can with what he's got, but 2022 will be the year it all really starts to come together.

Hook'em.

17 hours ago, alphahorn said:

We beat ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBbbbOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Horns surprise everyone. Both Sark and Kwiatkowski save surprises for OU. The Sooners don't know what hit 'em. Stats are stupendous and we end up in final four. It's all about coaching, baby.

• Hook 'Em 2