SuperBowl LV pregame thread :: new boss v. old boss

Hagbard Celine

24 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Heard some airhead say that Mahomes and Brady have combined for 12 Super Bowls. 7-5, 8-4 I can go with. But 10 starts should stand on it's own.

It's the same as when Brady played Rodgers or Brees, they combined for all these Super Bowls and Super Bowl wins. When each of Brees and Rodgers contributed just one.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/05/chiefs-assistant-britt-reid-was-drinking-before-crash-child-has-life-threatening-injuries/

Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid, the son of head coach Andy Reid, admitted he was drinking alcohol before a car accident on Thursday night in which a child suffered life-threatening injuries

Two young children were injured in the crash, according to 41 Action News. One of them, a 5-year-old, suffered life-threatening injuries.

——————————-

Britt Reid pleaded guilty to DUI in 2008 and was previously jailed for a road rage charge.

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Can Mahomes overcome the Chiefs deficiencies enough to win this Superbowl??

Doesn't feel like Brady vs Mahomes is most important story -- the bigger part of this game will probably be Chiefs defense vs Brady and the Buc's offense...

I keep thinking about those ducks Brady threw up in the 2nd half against GB. The Chiefs will make him pay dearly for those, unlike the Packers.

Other than that, I expect a 34-31 type game.

17 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I think it'll be whether the backup KC O-linemen can keep Mahomes clean enough to do what he does.

This is the reason the spread isn't bigger already.  It is THE question of the game.

On 2/3/2021 at 4:15 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Sounds like it could be a replay of the 2006 Super Bowl with the Colts and Bears. Tons of rain. Ugly ass game.

Rain should be done early to mid morning. 

20 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Doesn't feel like Brady vs Mahomes is most important story -- the bigger part of this game will probably be Chiefs defense vs Brady and the Buc's offense...

Certainly he can. Question is, can the Chiefs as a whole keep from stepping on their own dicks?

Yes, they can. I’m not sure what the deal was the second half of the season. Sure they won, but not by more than 6 points. What was the distraction? Boredom? Afraid to lose? Pressure to repeat? Something had them helping out the ref’s brothers laundry services.

Calmed a bit against the Browns, wasn’t an issue really against the Bills. 

They beat Tom at home already this year, while fucking around. Their focused now, peaking if you will, and barring injuries or someone suddenly starting to lick windows and eat crayons, it smells like a river of Brady Tears is on the horizon.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Not SB specific, but still found this funny.  12000 of them, eh?

Oreo responds to Anthony Sherman prank, fundraiser with donation

items.[0].image.alt

Photo by: Charlie Riedel/AP
Kansas City Chiefs fullback Anthony Sherman leaves the field after an NFL football game against the Houston Texans Thursday, Sept. 10, 2020, in Kansas City, Mo. (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel)

Posted at 1:49 PM, Feb 04, 2021

and last updated 1:49 PM, Feb 04, 2021

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Chiefs fullback Anthony Sherman's fundraiser for the E3 Ranch Foundation is quickly gaining interest from big names - and big brands.

Sherman is raffling off his personal, custom truck to raise money for the charity that helps with human trafficking, combat veterans and food insecurity in Kansas City.

It recently surfaced that the fundraiser was not originally his idea.

Sherman's friend and former MLB player Adam LaRoche founded the charity and decided to create the website raffling off the truck as revenge for a prank Sherman pulled on him.

That prank? Sherman poured 12,000 unwrapped Oreo cookies through the sunroof of LaRoche's truck.

As the word spread about the prank war, it caught the attention of the Oreo brand.

"OREO is delighted to see the cookies were part of the most epic (and playful) prank ever and wants to raise a glass of milk to Sherman for getting 12,000 cookies through a sunroof without being spotted! So, the brand announced it will make this story end deliciously by donating $12,000 to The E3 Ranch Foundation, all that they ask is that no OREO cookies be harmed in future pranks," a spokesperson said.

Not only is a major brand getting in on the action, but so is a major celebrity.

Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes will now autograph jerseys for anyone who donates $3,000 to the Sherman fundraiser.

Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce already offered to do the same for donations of $2,500.

39 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Question is, can the Chiefs as a whole keep from stepping on their own dicks?  They beat Tom at home already this year, while fucking around. Their focused now, peaking if you will, and barring injuries or someone suddenly starting to lick windows and eat crayons, it smells like a river of Brady Tears is on the horizon.

• But KC O-line has been shuffled due to loss of LT.  
  • Using the previous game at Tampa as a reason why KC should roll is "Fool's Gold"
  •  Brady is playing much better over the last several games 
  • Mahomes and KC better show up early, or Tampa may roll on that poor KC defense

12 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

I keep thinking about those ducks Brady threw up in the 2nd half against GB. The Chiefs will make him pay dearly for those, unlike the Packers.

Other than that, I expect a 34-31 type game.

Every game I’ve seen of him this year he’s floated at least a few to that right sideline. I fully expect Honey Badger to get him at least once. 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
  • Using the previous game at Tampa as a reason why KC should roll is "Fool's Gold"
  • Mahomes and KC better show up early, or Tampa may roll on that poor KC defense

And don't forget, Tampa played like shit for much of the game until they got going and then got going and it became a game. KC started off real hot. That is the game Hill had over 200 yards in the first quarter.

I am not sure if Brady can get away with throwing as many picks as he did against GB and get away with it. KC's offense is more prolific I think than GB's, although maybe not by much. But I trust Mahomes in the big stage than Rodgers.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Tampa’s new nickname is going to be “The butt fucking Brady bunch” when the clock winds down. 

Brady isn’t horrible now, but he ain’t playing in his prime time any more.

On 2/5/2021 at 11:33 AM, LTtxfan said:

Chief's OL is getting their asses kicked so far in the 1st half... and penalties against Chief's defense have been brutal

Edited by LTtxfan

Speaking of old boss versus new boss, was never a big fan but Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen still has "it" at age 71.  Only watched a handful of commercials last night, but he and Jeep knocked it out of the park.  I don't think I'd ever buy something from the Chrysler Corp. ever again, but the new Wagoneer made a case for itself last night due to the Boss.  

Also, Tom Brady seems like he's good at football.  I've never watched that much of a Tom Brady Super Bowl game, and it was like watching a 27-year old who was already shown the defensive alignments by the other team's D.C. ahead of time.  His OL was just filthy good.  Congrats to him and the strippers of Tampa.  

57 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The passing numbers in these types of post are so meaningless. Game has changed so much in 20 years.

Agreed. And the fact NE was not some explosive offense. Brady didn't really unleash his full talent until later on in his career. They were not slinging it all over in Brady's early years. Mahomes came in slinging it. It's why Andy Reid wanted him to run his offense.

On 2/8/2021 at 9:13 AM, Lobo said:

Speaking of old boss versus new boss, was never a big fan but Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen still has "it" at age 71.  Only watched a handful of commercials last night, but he and Jeep knocked it out of the park.  I don't think I'd ever buy something from the Chrysler Corp. ever again, but the new Wagoneer made a case for itself last night due to the Boss.  

Also, Tom Brady seems like he's good at football.  I've never watched that much of a Tom Brady Super Bowl game, and it was like watching a 27-year old who was already shown the defensive alignments by the other team's D.C. ahead of time.  His OL was just filthy good.  Congrats to him and the strippers of Tampa.  

They pulled the ads when it was revealed he had a DWI charge in November. But now its come out that the charges were typical bullshit

The 71-year-old singer was cited for driving while intoxicated, despite the fact that he reportedly had a 0.02 blood-alcohol content.

According to TMZ, the singer was arrested on November 14 at Gateway National Recreation Area and cited for DWI, reckless driving, and consuming alcohol in a closed area. But as additional details about Springsteen's arrest have been revealed, it seems less "YOOOO, MORE LIKE 'BORN IN THE D.W.I.' BRUCE" and more...wait, you can get busted for that? 

The balls on a cop to arrest the fucking Boss in New Jersey 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy8jdk/an-attorney-explains-how-bruce-springsteen-got-a-dwi-without-being-drunk?utm_source=email&utm_medium=editorial&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=210212

arrested for .02 in New Jersey?  That's some bullshit.  Doesn't everybody in New Jersey just have a functioning .02 BAC all the time...because you know...they fucking live in New Jersey?  Pretty sure you get a .01 just from breathing the air and drinking the water, and another .01 from standing next to a typical New Jersey resident.