SuperBowl LV pregame thread :: new boss v. old boss

Hagbard Celine

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

No one stops KC's offense and its defense is perfect for Tampa - pressure and blitzing a QB like Brady who has the mobility of a house plant.  GB didn't get that.  KC does.

Won't be close.  KC will beat up on Tampa as badly as Tyreek did his 3-year old.

Maybe.

maybe Tampa can choke Mahomes like Tyreek did his kid's mom

• Haha 1

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

Not going to be close.  Tampa is a facade.

Wouldn't that mean every team in the NFC would have been a facade? Brady didn't have some easy road aside from Washington. He beat the top 2 teams in NO and GB. People said the same about the Giants when they made similar runs and then faced off as big underdogs against Brady.

I've fellated Brady more on this board than anyone over the years. He's the best player in the history of the game and an even better guy in the locker room and off the field.  Favorite athlete of all time and it's not close. 

But this is a bad matchup for Tampa.  Defensively, no one stops KC. Especially with Mahomes getting healthier over the next 2 weeks and Watkins back in the lineup. Reid and Bienemy are mad scientists and no one has answers for them when it matters.  Defensively, KC's game is pressure, usually with 4 but if not they'll send extras.  And Brady can't handle that anymore, at all. Stupid GB sent bodies today about 6 times.  3 of them resulted in picks.  KC won't wait to pressure him, over and over.
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

A lot of y'all dudes are counting out my Bucs, but we just went through 3 straight road games to get here. But sure, we're a facade. Not to mention a dude who's been there 10 times with the same caliber offensive weapons as KC. 

That defense has played great 2 straight weeks. KC is a different animal though. 

Also, nobody else has a Hill or Kelce. 

Edited by 4th&Five

Just now, 4th&Five said:

That defense has played great 2 straight weeks. KC is a different animal though. 

KC is a great team, but we have a great team, too. It won't be some beat down like some think. I hope we win, but if not we made it in year one with the goat. These two teams are pretty matched evenly on offense. Admittedly I don't know too much about KC's defense, but ours isn't some dumpster fire shit. We'll miss our safeties, but their o-line is dinged which only helps our D. 

they played in week12 in KC, and it was a 3 pt game. Now they move to Tampa. I hope the line grows in favor of KC, because I'm likely to take Brady on the ML. 

Scratch that, it appears the game was in Tampa. Probably wont change my opinion.

Edited by Blotto

On paper, KC looks great.  They also seem like a bad matchup for Tampa Bay.  But at this point, I can't really ever write off Tom Brady.  He didn't exactly close out the game masterfully for a lot of the second half, but he did when it counted.  So while I think KC should win, I definitely won't be shocked if they get beat.  This should be a fun one.