2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

Decent game on ESPN. Abreu just destroyed a breaking ball to the 3rd deck left field. 3-1 Twins T6th. 

61 RBI's on .250 for Abreu. Kind of a weird statline on the year. That's some timely hitting.

Edited by ztejas

4 hours ago, elguapo said:

Genius move by Manfred having 0 day games when many have today off.

Yeah... but it was a huge slate yesterday and most of these guys didn't get the 4th off. Tit for tat. Not his fault the 4th is on the weekend. 

36 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Teoscar just made an Elway-esque throw from deep right field to gun someone at home plate and end what could have been a big inning for the O's. 

edit: no video yet, but he gunned a guy from here and it wasn't particularly close:

2AE177AA-C4E8-4638-AA11-9EFE90AB7FE4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yankees turned to Chad green to get the save tonight. 

Pretty safe to say that Chapman is done as a major leaguer. I’m sure he’ll get some mop up duty here & there, but I’d bet anything he’ll never record another save. The guy just doesn’t have it anymore. I remember the first time I saw him he was playing with the Cuban national team. He was probably a shitty person but the dude had a hell of a career, lit up the radar gun like no one else.

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

Pretty safe to say that Chapman is done as a major leaguer. 

lmao, this is why so many people still give you so much shit. one month ago Chapman was untouchable. now he sucks for what, a nine inning stretch or something, and in your eyes that makes it clear that he's done as a major leaguer. Craig Kimbrel had an ERA of 6.00 and a whip of 1.52 for two entire seasons and he's back to being one of the most dominating closers in the league. but oh no, nine bad innings for Arolids and it's back to Cuba. give me a break. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/5/2021 at 5:53 PM, Huckleberry said:

I mean those might actually be closer to decent if they didn't use a lighter orange for no reason whatsoever. And by decent I mean relative to all the random one off jerseys they come out with just to sell more merchandise.

From Bay Area Sports:

But your San Francisco Giants’ latest uniforms — which will be worn this weekend against the Washington Nationals, and every Tuesday home game for the remainder of the season — were released Monday to particularly scathing reviews. The Mercury News declared they “look like a bottle of Glacier Freeze Gatorade,” a lifelong season ticket-holder at SFGate writes that they're “unfortunately hideous” and “uninteresting, uninspiring and underwhelming all at once.” The Chronicle rages the new uniforms “violate the sanctity of baseball itself.”

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

Pretty safe to say that Chapman is done as a major leaguer. I’m sure he’ll get some mop up duty here & there, but I’d bet anything he’ll never record another save. The guy just doesn’t have it anymore. I remember the first time I saw him he was playing with the Cuban national team. He was probably a shitty person but the dude had a hell of a career, lit up the radar gun like no one else.

i legit never even made it past the part where you say that he's done as a major leaguer until now. wow. the rest of your post is a runaway train of ignorance and stupidity. i'm down to "bet anything" with you that he does record another save between now and his retirement, despite your moving obit on his career. you just let me know what you want to wager and i'm sure we can make it happen. 

Edited by shadow_operative