2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

Get a wheelbarrow for Peralta’s balls. Fuck that was clutch. Gallo and his .140 batting average as a Yankee finally did something useful there in the final out. 

It bears repeating, Chapman is a gutless coward and a worthless baseball player. He couldn’t get D3 hitters out at this point. He fucking sucks so bad. 

37 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Where’s everyone that made fun of me for saying Chapman was done being an effective closer now? Jesus fucking christ. He’s the absolute fucking worst in the game.

Here's what you actually said:

Pretty safe to say that Chapman is done as a major leaguer. I’m sure he’ll get some mop up duty here & there, but I’d bet anything he’ll never record another save. 

And since then, he is 7-for-7 in save opportunities.

image.png.b1d38c3fe29060728a763e6f46ca00e8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I know you are meaning for tonight, but those dudes(Padres) aren't making the playoffs. Their Sept schedule is pretty brutal.

Kind of meant in general. Haven't looked too closely at the NL race.  

Urias is having a pretty damn good year. Had a no hitter through 13 outs. 

• Like 1

Yeah in Sept/Oct they have to play the astros 3, Dodgers 6, Braves 4 and Giants 10 times. They are 1 game out of the WC right now. I just don't see them getting in.

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I know you are meaning for tonight, but those dudes(Padres) aren't making the playoffs. Their Sept schedule is pretty brutal.

Half of their remaining games are against the Dodgers and Giants.  

I'm starting to get a feeling about the Mariners, but I lived in Seattle for six years, so I realize that feeling is actually just gas.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:
8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah in Sept/Oct they have to play the astros 3, Dodgers 6, Braves 4 and Giants 10 times. They are 1 game out of the WC right now. I just don't see them getting in.

Probably not. But if their pitching could improve even slightly they have the bats to at least make a run at it if they can get hot. 

That 8 in 9 that they dropped was brutal. 

31 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Here's what you actually said:

And since then, he is 7-for-7 in save opportunities.

image.png.b1d38c3fe29060728a763e6f46ca00e8.png

I have MLB.tv and watch just about every Yankee game. When you watch him turn every outing into an adventure (and you’ll notice from those stats he rarely has a clean inning, that’s a fact) it really wears on you. He sucks. He literally had to put rosin on the bill of his cap tonight because the sweat droplets off of it were too distracting. He’s a nervous wreck out there. Let me be outraged.

Which leads me to my next point… I really think this Yankee team will be a threat in the playoffs. They have no reliable closer, Odor playing terrible defense, no Gleyber, Gallo & Rizzo being net negatives on offense… and they still win. 11 in a row. 10 series wins in a row. Best record since the trade deadline. It’s a complete team now, even with the big names playing terrible. We have something special brewing.

26 minutes ago, Helobious said:

(and you’ll notice from those stats he rarely has a clean inning, that’s a fact) 

He had 3 hits and 1 ER in those 7 saves. Unless you're counting walks against him - which I wouldn't unless they score. Save is a save. 

In saying that, I know he's had a pretty colorful year and drives y'all crazy. But on paper he hasn't been that shitty. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

He had 3 hits and 1 ER in those 7 saves. Unless you're counting walks against him - which I wouldn't unless they score. Save is a save. 

In saying that, I know he's had a pretty colorful year and drives y'all crazy. But on paper he hasn't been that shitty. 

Why on earth wouldn’t you count walks against him. A clean inning means no baserunners. Every time he’s out there he’s bringing the tying run to the plate. 2 out of the last 3 times he’s pitched he’s been pulled out of the game because he was clearly about to lose it, like last night. That’s beyond unacceptable for a closer just trying to get 3 outs.