Bourbon

Jimbaround

5 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Their Double Oak is outstanding and I also enjoy the Cask Strength.

Did a little stock analysis after the holiday dent and moved things around. I keep telling people that I don’t have a problem.m, but they’re not apt to believe me...

ef9e7cbdfa742c38bb06349c074525dc.jpg

I bought a store pick of Sagamore from the Oak Cabinet in Austin. It wasn’t cask strength, but damn it was good. Maryland’s reputation for making good ryes is well deserved. 

• Like 1

Did a LOT of damage yesterday.  Too hungover to take stock right now but may need to do some reloading.  There's a couple south suburb liquor stores that have consistently good bourbon stock.  I try to keep those top secret.  No pappy but just about anything else seems in play.  Happy new year to all of you fellow degenerates. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Did a LOT of damage yesterday.  Too hungover to take stock right now but may need to do some reloading.  There's a couple south suburb liquor stores that have consistently good bourbon stock.  I try to keep those top secret.  No pappy but just about anything else seems in play.  Happy new year to all of you fellow degenerates. 

If they BTACs at MSRP, I’m driving to Chicago.

I bought a store pick of Sagamore from the Oak Cabinet in Austin. It wasn’t cask strength, but damn it was good. Maryland’s reputation for making good ryes is well deserved. 

One of my favorite parts of the tour was an interactive map of pre-prohibition Maryland where you could explore every distillery. Blows my mind that at one point there were over 50 in the state and really nothing survived outside of a few brands, Pikesville being one of them.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

One of my favorite parts of the tour was an interactive map of pre-prohibition Maryland where you could explore every distillery. Blows my mind that at one point there were over 50 in the state and really nothing survived outside of a few brands, Pikesville being one of them.

Interesting to think about what the booze and beer landscape would look like absent the disruption of prohibition. 

On 12/31/2019 at 8:12 PM, utxmike05 said:

Breaking out first bottle from the overpriced bottles I bought. Plus Blanton swag from the wife.

Happy New Years, fellas

c244a7e8ee31cb15e9a544d670a2c68a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know how that bad boy drinks, I have one coming from a friend who recently came back from a cruise.

5 hours ago, Bert Orange said:

Reserves:

97316BB5-C082-4B61-8657-B20307D47FF8.jpeg

I’m more annoyed than impressed by this for some reason. Mostly envy, I guess. 

I’d suggest you watch the documentary ’Neat’ and pay special attention to the last few minutes and the story he tells. 

Edited by Constant
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Yeah, some I’ve had for over a decade, Pappy as well. Used o walk in to a store and it was on the shelves. 

We all know that there is a shitload more to it than that.  I remember buying the LotB I have for $35 off the shelf.  I dont have 20 of them though.