2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

14 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Swept by these losers.

Thanks, Click.

Astros batters just going through the motions.

Unenthused as fuck.  I'm sure Dusty will get their attention.

Edited by slorch

18 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Scraps. Give us a review of the stadium. Pictures of the inside seem to closely resemble MMP. 

My totally unbiased review (lol)

Area outside the stadium is cool, but lets be real a ballpark could have a hot dog stand sitting outside their stadium and it would be better than MMP surrounding area.  

The stadium itself is pretty fucking stupid.  What is normally the "field" level seats are 15 ft higher than the field and do not go up to the field either.  It is just weird.  I have not been to any other stadium that does this.  Also they spent all their money on the upper decks and outfield seats.  Compared to other newer stadiums I would think the lowest level has the least amount of seats, but if you want to sit 1000ft away they got you covered.

The jumbotron is stupid.  It is probably located to the equivalent of it MMP jumbotron was stacked on top of itself.  Where i was sitting I literally had to look up in the air like I was trying to watch a flyover just to look at the stupid ass thing.  

It was cool that they put the exit velo/launch angle on the jumbotron if you are into that sort of thing.  

But hey at least they got a fucking roof now and I didn't sweat my balls off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Can someone please tell me what the hell Kent Emanuel did to get on Dusty's shit list? Why is he not used more?

He pitched friday and did pretty shitty.  Couldn't get either left handed batter out he faced.  

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

He pitched friday and did pretty shitty.  Couldn't get either left handed batter out he faced.  

He also pitched one inning two days prior at Oakland and struck out two with no baserunners allowe. Opponents are hitting .190 against him in 17.2 IP and his ERA is 2.55 with a 0.85 WHIP.

Pretty ridiculous for Abreu to have a much longer leash and be trusted in bigger spots than Emanuel given the disparity in their respective performances. 

Edited by Gourmand

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Looking forward to this series.  Something tells me it may get a bit chippy.

I'd love the Astros to show a fucking pulse after the past 3 fucking games.

22 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I forgot how sensitive you guys are in here.  Can't handle anyone in your little echo chamber even for a short 2 game series.  

spacer.png

It’s not that we don’t like you.  We just like the well-established board etiquette of staying out of each other’s season threads.  If we make an exception for you, the next thing you know, helo is drooling all over the place.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1