2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Sugar Land put another ass kicking on El Paso tonight, 10-1. 

Skeeters banged out 21 hits. Meyers stays red hot, going 3-for-6 to up his OPS to 1.000. Newly promoted JJ Matijevic was 4-for-5 with two doubles and has an OPS of 1.172. Siri went 2-for-2 with a single, HR, and two walks. 

Frances Martes pitched an inning in relief and struggled again with 4 BB, 1 K, and 1 ER. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Astros are +120 in run differential. The next closest is LAD at +99.

I've never noticed the "expected wins/ losses" stat before.  Factoring in runs scored and runs allowed, it appears to me that it is a "luck factor" type stat, as we know "sports happen" and values are hardly transitive across individual games.  That being said, Oakland's is 4 games to the good, as in their record is 4 games better than their X-W/L.  The Athletics are 44-30 actual,  and their X W/L is 40-34.  Our heroes are actually 3 games behind their actual at 44-28 vs an X-W/L of 47-25, for  a seven point swing in "luck."It's just a little indicator that shit  is about to get real in a big way...hopefully.  Time to leave the elephants in the tar pit...

@huge and i have been utilizing this terminology for a number of years in multiple sports, but it's particularly appropriate here, recently.

this is the not fucking around crew. 

or as i put it when i'm trying to be extra douchey #tnfac

the not fucking around crew needs 8-2 in this 10 game stretch.