2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This team fucking sucks right now. 
it’s baseball over 162 games and happens, and I know the numbers say hot or not entering the playoffs doesn’t matter, but this seems really really bad. 

I would obviously feel a lot chubbier about our postseason chances if we were hot right now but then I go back and look at their 10-17 Sept record last year and I tell myself "Frankie, relax."

Fuck me 5 seconds later there is the game winning home run. Can I say that Gourmond without being accused of second guessing. It’s really really really fucking stupid. And emblamatic of Dusty’s broken process. Yes Presley or Graveman or hippie dippie Stanek might have given up the booty there. But fuck, nothing like getting best two games in a row with your 5th best bullpen and (maybe) in a high leverage situation. 
Miya like performance art now how Dusty is fucking with me. 
we deserve what we are going to get here in the playoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck me 5 seconds later there is the game winning home run. Can I say that Gourmond without being accused of second guessing. It’s really really really fucking stupid. And emblamatic of Dusty’s broken process. Yes Presley or Graveman or hippie dippie Stanek might have given up the booty there. But fuck, nothing like getting best two games in a row with your 5th best bullpen and (maybe) in a high leverage situation. 
Miya like performance art now how Dusty is fucking with me. 
we deserve what we are going to get here in the playoffs. 
It is all your fault!!!

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And emblamatic of Dusty’s broken process

This is not Dusty, why can't you guys figure this out? He is following orders from Click and the analytics department. Go look at Maton's baseball savant page and look at Raley's as well and you will see why the organization believes in both of them and why they keep getting used. 

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

This is not Dusty, why can't you guys figure this out? He is following orders from Click and the analytics department. Go look at Maton's baseball savant page and look at Raley's as well and you will see why the organization believes in both of them and why they keep getting used. 

So you are saying it’s click that is telling Dusty to use his 6th best reliever in the two highest leverage situations we’ve had back to back?

ok. Cool. Hook em. I’m also on record as saying Click is a cheap ass second rate moron not good enough to carry Lunows pocket protector so ok. I guess it could be. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

So you are saying it’s click that is telling Dusty to use his 6th best reliever in the two highest leverage situations we’ve had back to back?

ok. Cool. Hook em. I’m also on record as saying Click is a cheap ass second rate moron not good enough to carry Lunows pocket protector so ok. I guess it could be. 

Absofuckinglutely it is!! You think Click isn't in regular communication with both Baker and Strom about how and when to use a guy HE TRADED FOR in July???? This is not new territory for the Astros, management is highly involved in the dugout decisions going back to 2013 or whenever it was that Porter was fired.