DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

Welp. I just blessed out my own father for defending this garbage.

Fucking 18 hours a day of Fox News has rotted the brain of a once free thinking man.

Us Gen X kids need to file a class action suit against Fox News for ruining our parents.

It’s pretty uncanny. Older folks I know including my own mother are completely irredeemable now. My only hope is that the stench of politics has gotten so great that they stay at home on Election Day.

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Man. You know it’s gotten bad when Fox News propaganda site is now even covering the issue and basically conceding it’s a mistake by dear leader. 

I think that’s a first in the trump administration. 

No way a shithole MSM outlet is anti-Trump! Imagine my surprise!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/27/fox-news-worse-than-liberal-media-to-donald-trump/

• Fuck You 9

Just now, scottsins said:

I agree with his point, and am a fan of his, but that motherfucker needs to stay in his lane.

his lane is to fuck with trump and goad him into a mistake. that's his only tactic, to troll trump and keep his client's case public facing.

11 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

It’s pretty uncanny. Older folks I know including my own mother are completely irredeemable now. My only hope is that the stench of politics has gotten so great that they stay at home on Election Day.

My Mom made mention of MS-13 no less than 10 times during a weekend visit to my parents recently. It's like it's all she thinks about. MS-13 is everywhere.

I joked that the best part about MS-13 is that they kill other gang members. She was horrified and then started in on the Fox News talking points about how they're taking over neighborhoods and terrorizing the entire country. Blah blah blah.

Edited by TornACL

8 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Funny thing is, whenever I take my family to another country, we use these things called passports and get the required Visas and/or entry permits.  Haven't yet been detained and had my family separated.  But it must be because I am white. Pretty sure that if I illegally entered Spain, we'd get our ass rung up.  But maybe I am wrong. 

Edited by Anastasis

5 minutes ago, TornACL said:

My Mom made mention of MS-13 no less than 10 times during a weekend visit to my parents recently. It's like it's all she thinks about. MS-13 is everywhere.

I joked that the best part about MS-13 is that they kill other gang members. She was horrified...

Legit lol. 

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Funny thing is, whenever I take my family to another country, we use these things called passports and get the required Visas and/or entry permits.  Haven't yet been detained and had my family separated.  But it must be because I am white. 

Congrats to you and your family, but you’re smarter that this sassy ass reply that reads like a sean hannity talking point.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bill Clinton said:

An article from two and a half years ago on breitbart? Thanks for the good laugh. 

Ha. Ha. Ha. 

Edited by JimmyJames

22 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I joked that the best part about MS-13 is that they kill other gang members. She was horrified and then started in on the Fox News talking points about how they're taking over neighborhoods and terrorizing the entire country. Blah blah blah.

So if MS-13 took out the bloods and crips in LA would that be a good thing, a bad thing or just neutral? 

It’s all so confusing. 

Just now, Pancho Negro said:

Congrats to you and your family, but you’re smarter that this sassy ass reply that reads like a sean hannity talking point.

Ouch, Hannity?  That hurts.  It's stupid tweet by Avenatti, equal measure trolling and virtue/white privilege signalling.  It deserves zero consideration in a meaningful discussion of this topic. But yet there it is.  And sure it was a smart ass reply. 

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

The White House has donated Stephen Miller dolls to comfort the children during their separation from their parents.  When you poke its belly it tilts its head sideways and licks a hunting knife.

i think it was this picture that someone captioned:

stephe-mille-thumb-700xauto-183344.jpeg

as "that spider looks almost big enough to eat."

still makes me laugh out loud for reals

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

So, a member of the Bush family is getting cucked by a member of the Trump family. This is definitely a bad look and I imagine the Bush elders are pissed off right about now. Blue bloods getting snubbed by Don Jr., is pretty fucking hilarious.

This is what happens when you lie down with dogs.

P.S. He looks like a Mexican George Bush but then he literally is a Mexican George Bush.

• Like 1

I think that we all know that Trump is driven by ratings. Give the media focus and tone of the last few days, its surprising to me that you see no movement in the daily poll. I know rasmussen appears to have a systematic bias in their approval rate, but the daily should still pick up movement. 

Date

Approval Index

Strongly Approve

Strongly Disapprove

Total Approve

Total Disapprove

19-Jun-18

34%

40%

48%

50%

18-Jun-18

34%

40%

48%

50%

15-Jun-18

34%

42%

47%

51%

14-Jun-18

34%

40%

49%

49%

13-Jun-18

35%

39%

49%

49%

12-Jun-18

34%

39%

49%

50%

11-Jun-18

32%

40%

47%

52%

19 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Except it’s not a misdemeanor, it’s a felony, and jaywalking is governed on the city level, not Federal like Immigration is. Why, I’d downright say it’s like comparing Blinn College’s football program to Alabama’s, except you’re serious.

Or like comparing the current policy to Nazis.  You see, Hitler had a mustache.

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think that we all know that Trump is driven by ratings. Give the media focus and tone of the last few days, its surprising to me that you see no movement in the daily poll. I know rasmussen appears to have a systematic bias in their approval rate, but the daily should still pick up movement. 

Date

Approval Index

Strongly Approve

Strongly Disapprove

Total Approve

Total Disapprove

19-Jun-18

34%

40%

48%

50%

18-Jun-18

34%

40%

48%

50%

15-Jun-18

34%

42%

47%

51%

14-Jun-18

34%

40%

49%

49%

13-Jun-18

35%

39%

49%

49%

12-Jun-18

34%

39%

49%

50%

11-Jun-18

32%

40%

47%

52%

It always takes a couple of days.

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

It always takes a couple of days.

Its been getting network coverage since at least the 13th, with the real bolus coming yesterday.  If that's right, we should see some movement by Friday.  If there is no movement, I could very easily see Trump digging totally in. He only appears to respond to ratings. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

Its been getting network coverage since at least the 13th, with the real bolus coming yesterday.  If that's right, we should see some movement by Friday.  If there is no movement, I could very easily see Trump digging totally in. He only appears to respond to ratings. 

If Facebook is any indication, late Sunday/yesterday was when people really started to form opinions.

27 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i think it was this picture that someone captioned:

stephe-mille-thumb-700xauto-183344.jpeg

as "that spider looks almost big enough to eat."

still makes me laugh out loud for reals

I'm generally not one to advocate for violence. But if there is ever a video of him getting punched in the face, I'm going to take a day off of work to watch it on repeat. 

3 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

They are moving on to U.S. citizens now. Are black peoples next?

"You took a picture of a largemouth bass without any perspective for scale.  How much did the fish weigh?"

"Oh man, it wan an 8 pounder!"

"Put your hands against the wall."

"I meant four.  I MEANT FOUR!  Hey!  Come on!"

9 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

To recap:

"We're not against legal immigrants, just illegal immigrants!"

"We need to change the rules to limit the number of legal immigrants!"

"We need to look closely at foreigners who became US citizens, and see if we can deport THEM!"

If any of y'all wonder why folks who aren't lily white with names like "Smith" or "Jones" are nervous as shit....this is why.

And as a real interesting trend (anecdotal evidence only), I know of several folks -- thus far, jewish and hispanic folks -- who have never owned a firearm who are now procuring them.  So, you know, Trump continues to be great for gun sales.

Yep and parents do it everyday. More dangerous than living in Central America? Says a lot.  

This is why I was saying we really do need a Marshall plan for the region. We can have another thread on that, perhaps we should, but it is something the US can and should do. It would not be expensive considering the human price humanity is paying now. 

Maybe if they had a nuke... 

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Yep and parents do it everyday. More dangerous than living in Central America? Says a lot.  

This is why I was saying we really do need a Marshall plan for the region. We can have another thread on that, perhaps we should, but it is something the US can and should do. It would not be expensive considering the human price humanity is paying now. 

Maybe if they had a nuke... 

We're complicit in all of it.  With the drug war right at the top of the list.  And that part of it is legit both sides. 

18 minutes ago, Equinox said:

35628561_10160692993400284_5525113313316

Damn. I'm a criminal defense lawyer, and not a single one of my clients has ever mentioned that when they were arrested, they also forcibly detained their children and locked them in cages.  How have I missed this?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Wow, they are swimming in resources if not only are they able to handle the current increase in illegal immigration, but they can spend who knows how many man-hours going back through paperwork from naturalized citizens.

10 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Damn. I'm a criminal defense lawyer, and not a single one of my clients has ever mentioned that when they were arrested, they also forcibly detained their children and locked them in cages.  How have I missed this?

Maybe because they're American kids and have a home to go to.