DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

12 hours ago, RayDog said:

They will get their asses handed to them by the Judge. I suspect that Peter Schey will get the Judge to order that the government reunite the children with their parents. The judge will not extend the 20 day limit. The judge will not approve the use of military facilities in the administration's attempt to skirt the licensure requirement in the Flores agreement.

So he will move them to a Saudi controlled facility for enhanced interrogation. 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He’s so butthurt he got caught and had to back down.

Democrats are missing a huge opportunity with that point. He didn't just back down. He was routed. It's true that this is not a fully resolved situation w/r/t the fate of the children but the basic fact is that Donald Trump got bent over on a policy change, was beaten by the liberals, has abandoned his Republican allies on a go-forward measure, and is now sounding the retreat order from the rear. 

For the record THIS should be what everyone is talking about not a fucking jacket. That was my point. 

If you can watch this and have no problem with how kids were being treated well then I just don't know what to say-

Edited by JimmyHoffa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

For the record THIS should be what everyone is talking about not a fucking jacket. That was my point. 

If you can watch this and have no problem with how kids were being treated well then I just don't know what to say-

The United States of America is doing this on purpose to hurt people.

We are all culpable.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

No reason for this. God damnit

27 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The wall is going to cost this president a ton of political capital.

Or he isn't getting it.

If you think immigration is a losing issue for Dotard, you better think again (especially with Democrats running around calling ICE a "terrorist organization").

Some hard truths here from that alt-right rag the New Yorker.

Edited by Message Board User

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

If you think immigration is a losing issue for Dotard, you better think again (especially with Democrats running around calling ICE a "terrorist organization").

He's already lost. November is going to be historically bad for Republicans.

4 hours ago, retread said:

There’s no way that 99.8 number is right.  You couldn’t get 99.8 percent of people to agree to breathe, let alone show up for court.  

28 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

lulz

You are underestimating what happens when the other side votes with their brain stems in a frothing rage.

Exactly like the Democrats did two years ago.

The race to the bottom is in high gear, sir.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, retread said:

There’s no way that 99.8 number is right.  You couldn’t get 99.8 percent of people to agree to breathe, let alone show up for court.  

52 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Didn't the article state they are wearing an ankle monitor, and I would assume showing up in court allows you to remove it.  That would get a high # to show up.  99.8%?  Agree it sounds high.

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Fucking media needs to get their shit together. Christ. 

Amen.  And ffs, Time is standing by its cover basically saying it's fake but it "captures the stakes of this moment."  Shit like this makes it difficult, if not impossible, to argue with Trumpkins when they say the mainstream media is hopelessly biased.

Did Time report that the girl was sent to an ORR camp?   If not, I'm not getting the outrage.   Donald Trump wasn't five feet from the girl either.  It's a photo composite with an editorial message about Trump's immigration policies.  This girl was swept up in immigration enforcement under Trump, and the photo was already causing reactions in the public before it made that cover, wholly apart from any indication that she was stuck in a camp.    Using a photo from the Obama era would be "fake" in this context, but that's not what happened. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Didn't the article state they are wearing an ankle monitor, and I would assume showing up in court allows you to remove it.  That would get a high # to show up.  99.8%?  Agree it sounds high.

Serious questions. What prevents them from just cutting the ankle monitor off? How long is it going to take for someone to go find them after they cut it off? How many resources are they going to devote to trying to find the person who cut their monitors off? 

7 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Amen.  And ffs, Time is standing by its cover basically saying it's fake but it "captures the stakes of this moment."  Shit like this makes it difficult, if not impossible, to argue with Trumpkins when they say the mainstream media is hopelessly biased.

It was a dumb, over the top cover photo where reality would've sufficed as a much harsher tool.  'Time' is a garbage magazine but the historical brand still matters to people.  It shouldn't. 

Anybody who knows anything about what has transpired in Mexico in the last decade should read Michael Crowley's cover piece on Pena Nieto for 'Time.'  Michael Crowley, foreign affairs editor for Politico, regular contributor to MSNBC and boy pet to Brian Williams is a human slug with the dignity of a buzzard.  It was basically just a long commercial that was hilariously favorable to Pena Nieto and Osorio Chong.  If you knew nothing at all about Mexico you'd possibly consider it an informative profile.  If you were even slightly informed in the laziest way possible about Mexico you'd recognize his piece as one of the biggest, most manipulative failures in modern journalism written by a guy who should have "For Sale" tattooed across his forehead.  His existence in any capacity in any respectable medium lends credence to Trump's message about mainstream media.   

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Did Time report that the girl was sent to an ORR camp?   If not, I'm not getting the outrage.   Donald Trump wasn't five feet from the girl either.  It's a photo composite with an editorial message about Trump's immigration policies.  This girl was swept up in immigration enforcement under Trump, and the photo was already causing reactions in the public before it made that cover, wholly apart from any indication that she was stuck in a camp.    Using a photo from the Obama era would be "fake" in this context, but that's not what happened. 

I don’t get the issue with why the correction matters. We all agree that thousands of children have been separated from their parents at the border, right? The administration even admits this - they just try to blame other people. 

17 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

That particular child and mother were never separated, but that's what was implied. 

The cries of "fake news" and the war on truth from the Trump administration is a serious issue. The media can't be right only 95% of the time. One minor mistake has the effect of 50 huge errors in a Trumpkin's mind.  It's unfair, but currently what American media is facing at the moment. They need to strive for perfection when reporting anything Trump. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Outrage!! The time cover was fake from the beginning.  Who fucking cares.  

Oh Time made a mistake? I guess it’s time for me to buy a MAGA hate, huff paint thinner, and date my sister.

You don't care because your innate, automatic reaction is that there's some worth in defending a magazine you deem to be "on your side" or to brush off an editorial dishonesty as a "mistake."  Should you wear a MAGA hat?  Should anyone even consider that infantile absolutism a real question?  It's a stupid, lazy cover photo.  Recognizing that isn't going to diminish your team.      

You can be an informative poster with intriguing political content, but it's stupid shit like this kind of black and white-ism that makes you look like the tie-dyed version of Swam4Texas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

That particular child and mother were never separated, but that's what was implied. 

The cries of "fake news" and the war on truth from the Trump administration is a serious issue. The media can't be right only 95% of the time. One minor mistake has the effect of 50 huge errors in a Trumpkin's mind.  It's unfair, but currently what American media is facing at the moment. They need to strive for perfection when reporting anything Trump. 

Bullshit.  That just concedes the impossible and unwarranted standard that Trump is trying to impose on everyone but state-supporting media.  The cover implies only that Trump is callous towards child immigrants. The tag line is "Welcome to America," not "Family border separation crisis."  That is a reasonable editorial statement, and the source photo is of an actual child terrorized by the border enforcement system.   Criticism of Trump's immigration policies may have just hit its peak with the separations, but it is much broader than that, going all the way back to his suggestion on the day he announced that most migrants are rapists and criminals. 

You're playing into Trump's hands by not permitting this kind of editorial license in an image that is already a photoshop composite.  Particularly when this administration is denying media the opportunity to freely go into the ORR facilities to take pictures. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Bullshit.  That just concedes the impossible and unwarranted standard that Trump is trying to impose on everyone but state-supporting media.  The cover implies only that Trump is callous towards child immigrants. The tag line is "Welcome to America," not "Family border separation crisis."  That is a reasonable editorial statement, and the source photo is of an actual child terrorized by the border enforcement system.   Criticism of Trump's immigration policies may have just hit its peak with the separations, but it is much broader than that, going all the way back to his suggestion on the day he announced that most migrants are rapists and criminals. 

You're playing into Trump's hands by not permitting this kind of editorial license in an image that is already a photoshop composite.  Particularly when this administration is denying media the opportunity to freely go into the ORR facilities to take pictures. 

Then why did TIME make a correction?

7 minutes ago, Chooky said:

You don't care because your innate, automatic reaction is that there's some worth in defending a magazine you deem to be "on your side" or to brush off an editorial dishonesty as a "mistake."  Should you wear a MAGA hat?  Should anyone even consider that infantile absolutism a real question?  It's a stupid, lazy cover photo.  Recognizing that isn't going to diminish your team.      

You can be an informative poster with intriguing political content, but it's stupid shit like this kind of black and white-ism that makes you look like the tie-dyed version of Swam4Texas.

I’m sick of this shit

MAGA fucks throw this minuscule shit in our face as if we’re not holding everyone to a higher standard, meanwhile the government with actual power lies repeatedly to us and the media about everything from safe drinking water to stealing babies.  

Fuck getting upset about a few media errors.

they made their correction like they’re supposed to

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

I'm with mojo on this one.  OK, so this girl didn't wind up in a kiddie kz camp.  

What about the 2300 who did?  The ones the press can't see because they have the camps on lockdown?  I think she's a pretty good rep for them in absentia.

GTFO with this petty bullshit.  Go jerk tiny maga dick to Melanie's coat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m sick of this shit

MAGA fucks throw this minuscule shit in our face as if we’re not holding everyone to a higher standard, meanwhile the government with actual power lies repeatedly to us and the media about everything from safe drinking water to stealing babies.  

they made their correction like their supposed to

You don't have to get upset.  And you don't have to equivocate weak schock from a dismal rag that has been struggling to make any kind of splash that is motivated by the attempt to survive ever since it has been in financial peril after losing funding from it's parent company, Time Warner.  Their desperation has rendered that publication no more valid than 'Mad Magazine' and they've been doing this nonsense for awhile now.  They've also been cold busted on printing "paid content" as legitimate news.  They're now a trashy outlet run by trashy people.  It has nothing to do with Trump or any opposing ideology.  Fuck them.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m sick of this shit

they made their correction like they’re supposed to

I understand your frustration.

There is a war on truth. We must fight back with integrity and sincerity.  

TIME is just trying to sell magazines. They need to be better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

You don't have to get upset.  And you don't have to equivocate weak schock from a dismal rag that has been struggling to make any kind of splash that is motivated by the attempt to survive ever since it has been in financial peril after losing funding from it's parent company, Time Warner.  Their desperation has rendered that publication no more valid than 'Mad Magazine' and they've been doing this nonsense for awhile now.  They've also been cold busted on printing "paid content" as legitimate news.  They're now a trashy outlet run by trashy people.  It has nothing to do with Trump or any opposing ideology.  Fuck them.

Okay great, screw Time magazine.  I don’t get much information from them anyway 

6 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I'm with mojo on this one.  OK, so this girl didn't wind up in a kiddie kz camp.  

What about the 2300 who did?  The ones the press can't see because they have the camps on lockdown?  I think she's a pretty good rep for them in absentia.

GTFO with this petty bullshit.  Go jerk tiny maga dick to Melanie's coat.

The actual truth is enough. No need to sensationalize it. 

It's not about truth or falsity or sensationalization.  It's about the presentation of information in an  interesting and informative way.    Your standard would leave no room for editorial cartoons or anything beyond a dry recitation of facts.  Talk about playing into Trump's hands. 

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

It's not about truth or falsity or sensationalization.  It's about the presentation of information in an  interesting and informative way.    Your standard would leave no room for editorial cartoons or anything beyond a dry recitation of facts.  Talk about playing into Trump's hands. 

It’s bullying the media, just like they bully the FBI.  They want to make sure teh Donald is not being treated unfairly.  Any error or perceived mistake gets blown out of proportion.

8 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Editorial cartoons don't have to make corrections. 

And presenting information in an "interesting and informative way" is probably why Fox News is killing it in the ratings. 

And presenting information in an "interesting and informative way" is probably why Fox News is killing it in the ratings.

And look at where holding them accountable has got them... They pretty much run the fucking world. 

Editorial cartoons don't have to make corrections. 

We're discussing the cover and Time standing by it.   That there was an incomplete statement in the article, and they then corrected the mistake, is exactly how the process should work.