Liverpool vs Real Madrid 2018 CL Final

Firemans4Horn

My business partner has had a room booked for 6+ months, and even at 5x the price it'd be about $30/night. We'll see how that plays out though.

Given that Madrid have won the last two finals and Liverpool hasn't played in one in 10 years, I'm guessing Scousers will outnumber Madridistas at a good clip.  

On 5/22/2018 at 1:31 PM, Speedtrucker said:

Xabi Alonso has had the most middle of the road stance yet.

Seeing as how he is a legend for both teams, both fan bases adore him and he still plays for both legends teams every chance he can. And I’m pretty sure he bleeds LFC red but his comments have been very tame...

Was wondering what Xabi Alonso was up to and saw this in an ESPN article...

[Barcelona legend] Xavi has never hidden his desire to return to Camp Nou in a coaching capacity one day, though, and recently took a course at Spain's Royal Football Federation [RFEF] headquarters alongside Victor Valdes, Xabi Alonso, Raul Gonzalez and others.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3508781/xavi-hernandez-signs-new-contract-to-play-for-al-sadd-into-his-forties

8 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Not sure if I wanna watch at a bar or at home. 

Brother and me may see about some place local around White Rock Lake if you want to join. Jive was my partner in my February pilgrimage to Anfield. Saw 3 goals in our end, 1 from the Egyptian King. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mdmost said:

Brother and me may see about some place local around White Rock Lake if you want to join. Jive was my partner in my February pilgrimage to Anfield. Saw 3 goals in our end, 1 from the Egyptian King. 

The Bomb Factory in Deep Ellum is showing the game tomorrow on the monster screen. No cover. All ages. Drink and food specials. I’m guessing food trucks. 

Edited by Jive Turkey

6 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Where's a good, kid-friendly place in Austin to watch the game where I can get a beer? My 10 year-old is really getting into soccer, so I figure I would take him somewhere fun to watch it.

haymaker

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Too nut to butt for me. I'd rather have a nice sit down location.

That’s where I’m at Most.  I’m thinking about trying a place called The Londoner in Rockwell.  I’m shooting for many having interest in the game WITHOUT being crammed into a spot with hundreds of people.

38 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Where's a good, kid-friendly place in Austin to watch the game where I can get a beer? My 10 year-old is really getting into soccer, so I figure I would take him somewhere fun to watch it.

i'm thinking about taking mine to pluckers or cover 3.  i don't think they'd do well at BSL or haymaker. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

i'm thinking about taking mine to pluckers or cover 3.  i don't think they'd do well at BSL or haymaker. 

Will there be a crowd at those places to watch soccer though? If we're going to be the only ones watching it, we might as well stay home. Haymaker would be fun and I want him to see the excitement around soccer, but not if we have to get there two hours early to get a seat.

4 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Will there be a crowd at those places to watch soccer though? If we're going to be the only ones watching it, we might as well stay home. Haymaker would be fun and I want him to see the excitement around soccer, but not if we have to get there two hours early to get a seat.

cover 3 i don't know, haven't watched a soccer match there.  in the past pluckers on 183/burnet has had decent sized crowds for world cup matches and CL finals.  but tomorrow night's also a pretty big basketball game for a bunch of people so who knows.

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

cover 3 i don't know, haven't watched a soccer match there.  in the past pluckers on 183/burnet has had decent sized crowds for world cup matches and CL finals.  but tomorrow night's also a pretty big basketball game for a bunch of people so who knows.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

i think this game comes down to henderson and milner.

can they harass isco and disrupt the ronaldo's supply....

and every season henderson takes about 50 speculative bomb shots from way to far out....

but 2 or 3 of them go in.

if he wastes precious possession on long range bombs good only in australia for a behind, pool can't win.

so he has to keep the bombs to a minimum.  1 or 2 only, while also DOING HIS JOB to share the harassment duties equally with Milner.

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i think this game comes down to henderson and milner.

can they harass isco and disrupt the ronaldo's supply....

and every season henderson takes about 50 speculative bomb shots from way to far out....

but 2 or 3 of them go in.

if he wastes precious possession on long range bombs good only in australia for a behind, pool can't win.

so he has to keep the bombs to a minimum.  1 or 2 only, while also DOING HIS JOB to share the harassment duties equally with Milner.

He barely averages over 1 shot per game for his career and puts 30% on target. Not sure who you’re talking about.