Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Sumlin started out great, but each of his teams progressively got worse. Jimbo's 2018 team was better than their '19 and '20 teams, but his team this year is his best yet at A&M. They're landing more top 100 guys each year than Sumlin did in a typical class, and not many of them are busting/transferring. 

Also an improving program is not a “winning program” until they’ve, well, won something. Uptrending sure. Long way to go though. Not as long as us though that I agree on.

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Also an improving program is not a “winning program” until they’ve, well, won something. Uptrending sure. Long way to go though. Not as long as us though that I agree on.

That's fair. I think they're going to be better than Alabama next year if Saban doesn't effectively replace O'Brien and Golding. He hits on coordinator hires more often than not, so I'd still pick Alabama to win the west next season.

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

I don’t think this team beats last years 6/10 times. So murky at best. 

That's fair as well. It's tough to judge most teams from last year, but their defense is incredible this year while it was just good last year. I will say that Calzada is a massive downgrade from Mond, so you're probably right.

That's fair. I think they're going to be better than Alabama next year if Saban doesn't effectively replace O'Brien and Golding. He hits on coordinator hires more often than not, so I'd still pick Alabama to win the west next season.

Based on the number of defensive starters that won’t be back next year their defense will take a step back.

38 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Sumlin started out great, but each of his teams progressively got worse. Jimbo's 2018 team was better than their '19 and '20 teams, but his team this year is his best yet at A&M.They're landing more top 100 guys each year than Sumlin did in a typical class, and not many of them are busting/transferring. 

No it isn't. I'm not even sure why anyone would think so. Also they could still lose 2 more games. 

Edited by SarkAfterDark

I know this is mainly a place for all of us to meet and bitch, but fuckin’ A.  This is Sark’s first few games and he only has players from Herman’s last two years of fucked up recruiting.  Oh, hold on, he was able to sneak one recruit into last year’s class, and he’s a fucking stud WR, probably the best freshman WR in the nation.  

We rake myopic fans from other teams over the coals, yet people here genuinely want to fire Sark before he even has a chance to recruit and coach up his type of players to fit his system. Can you imagine us as Baylor last year?  No, because if Aranda came in and won 2 games here he’d never get a chance to build his team and turn it into one of the top in the conference. Perhaps it’s not the soft players at fault, but the fans that call for everyone’s head every 6 months. 

Now, having said that, perhaps we should replace PK…

Edited by LarryMoeSurly

1 minute ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

I know this is mainly a place for all of us to meet and bitch, but fuckin’ A.  This is Sark’s first few games and he only has players from Herman’s last two years of fucking up recruiting.  Oh, hold on, he was able to sneak one recruit into last year’s class, and he’s a fucking stud WR, probably the best freshman WR in the nation.  

We rake myopic fans from other teams over the coals, yet people here genuinely want to fire Sark before he even had a chance to recruit and coach up his type of players to fit his system. Can you imagine us as Baylor last year?  No because if Aranda came in and won 2 games here he’d never get a chance to build his team and turn it into one of the top in the conference. Perhaps it’s not the soft players at fault, but the fans that call for everyone’s head every 6 months. 

now, having said that, perhaps we should replace PK…

What does PK have to work with? A mediocre DL, no and I mean no pass rush. A converted WR at safety, another 5* bust at the other safety spot, 1 good LB who switched from safety another walk on LB and adequate corners. The corners can't press because the safeties are garbage. I just don't see much. PK's resume was damn near flawless before coming here. I can't blame him. Has he made mistakes, sure but this team has LOFT disease.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

What does PK have to work with? A mediocre DL, no and I mean no pass rush. A converted WR at safety, another 5* bust at the other safety spot, 1 good LB who switched from safety another walk on LB and adequate corners. The corners can't press because the safeties are garbage. I just don't see much. PK's resume was damn near flawless before coming here. I can't blame him. Has he made mistakes, sure but this team has LOFT disease.

I think there are some issues with Kwiatkowski's scheme meshing with Joseph's preferred coverages. I did notice that the safeties where playing much closer to the LOS against ISU.

So… people are upset by a coach yelling obscenities at >18 year old men?

I mean it’s football it’s closest thing to gladiators outside of cage fighting that the modern mob can watch.

At any respective level of sport 60 percent of the time “want to” can overcome disinterested talent every time.

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I think there are some issues with Kwiatkowski's scheme meshing with Joseph's preferred coverages. I did notice that the safeties where playing much closer to the LOS against ISU.

ion think that’s it, I believe and I’ve talked to other coaches, PK runs a defense of scheme that requires players to think more. It’s more of a thinking defense then a reacting defense which when you learn it and get it down it’s just read and react, but for right now the defense is thinking to much… 

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Whatever they are winning or improving is a hell of a lot better than the shit sandwich stark has served up.

45 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I feel like PK is trying to force his scheme with pieces that don’t match, more so than Sark with the offense, hence these results.

Our DL would be great in a 4-3.  I think he tweaked it a bit after OU and has gone more of a heavy front.  But I feel that if PK had perfect players his scheme would have worked better a decade ago with the run n shoot Big XII. His Ds weakness has always been giving up too much in the running game. The bend don’t break D confines opponents to field goals instead of TDs until his players get worn out from being on the field so long, then the dam breaks in the second half.

But you’re right, we should judge him after he gets his recruits. I was being facetious and adding some levity with that last line in my previous post. 

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Totally not using LSU for a raise.

As crazy as this sounds, I don't think Oklahoma can win a bidding war with LSU for a coach especially if numbers get that high. They're struggling to improve their facilities and that is a main reason the move to the SEC for them happened, more money for facilities.

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

As crazy as this sounds, I don't think Oklahoma can win a bidding war with LSU for a coach especially if numbers get that high. They're struggling to improve their facilities and that is a main reason the move to the SEC for them happened, more money for facilities.

Riley wants a championship. If Grasseater and Ogre can win a championship there, just think what Riley could do. He would lock down the most football talent rich state in the nation per capita. He could be there for the next 30 years. You think Alabama is a dynasty, Riley at LSU would top that.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

They will sell the whole state before they let Riley walk over money

25 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Riley wants a championship. If Grasseater and Ogre can win a championship there, just think what Riley could do. He would lock down the most football talent rich state in the nation per capita. He could be there for the next 30 years. You think Alabama is a dynasty, Riley at LSU would top that.

CHIEF

I always struggle to understand how some have this opinion of Riley. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, George Clooney said:

Sumlin started out great, but each of his teams progressively got worse. Jimbo's 2018 team was better than their '19 and '20 teams, but his team this year is his best yet at A&M. They're landing more top 100 guys each year than Sumlin did in a typical class, and not many of them are busting/transferring. 

image.gif.016d737fd1f5c359931f0e08c1c440ab.gif

3 hours ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

I know this is mainly a place for all of us to meet and bitch, but fuckin’ A.  This is Sark’s first few games and he only has players from Herman’s last two years of fucked up recruiting.  Oh, hold on, he was able to sneak one recruit into last year’s class, and he’s a fucking stud WR, probably the best freshman WR in the nation.  

We rake myopic fans from other teams over the coals, yet people here genuinely want to fire Sark before he even has a chance to recruit and coach up his type of players to fit his system. Can you imagine us as Baylor last year?  No, because if Aranda came in and won 2 games here he’d never get a chance to build his team and turn it into one of the top in the conference. Perhaps it’s not the soft players at fault, but the fans that call for everyone’s head every 6 months. 

Now, having said that, perhaps we should replace PK…

If PK sucks as a DC then Sark is his equal as OC. The offense is fucking the defense over by not staying on the field longer. 
Both coaches are working with misfit toys and I think they can remedy things with the portal. 

8 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Did you read the last sentence of the post I quoted. I don't think he has proven anything as of yet to be held in that high of a regard. 

Yeah, I read your last sentence. I just couldn't believe it. Over 4+ years, which UT coaches EVER have done better than this? Let me do the math for you: zero.

DKR crushed OU to start (12-2), but he didn't dominate everyone else. He finished 11, unranked, 4, unranked, 3 over his first five years (39-13-3, 73%). Mack Brown went 49-15 (76%), but 2-3 vs OU including the following losses 63-14, 65-13, 14-3 with one of the most memorable plays in OU history (Roy Williams "Superman").

There are no other UT coaches in the conversation.

Here's Riley:

54-8, 86%

14-4 vs top 25

Vs Rivals: UT 5-1, OkSt 4-0

3 playoff appearances in 4 years and 9-0 this year.

Two Heismans already, and maybe his best QB has only started 3 games. His recruiting is only now picking up. He's only 38 years old, and he's the OC wherever he goes giving you more money to spend on other coaches.

I mean it’s football it’s closest thing to gladiators outside of cage fighting that the modern mob can watch.
At any respective level of sport 60 percent of the time “want to” can overcome disinterested talent every time.

I was told that college football was a job...

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Dr.Dre said:

Nobody is upset at about that. It's almost unanimous except for one guy that the player is fucked up for doing so and should be removed and Bo Davis is being applauded.

43 minutes ago, quigley said:

Yeah, I read your last sentence. I just couldn't believe it. Over 4+ years, which UT coaches EVER have done better than this? Let me do the math for you: zero.

DKR crushed OU to start (12-2), but he didn't dominate everyone else. He finished 11, unranked, 4, unranked, 3 over his first five years (39-13-3, 73%). Mack Brown went 49-15 (76%), but 2-3 vs OU including the following losses 63-14, 65-13, 14-3 with one of the most memorable plays in OU history (Roy Williams "Superman").

There are no other UT coaches in the conversation.

Here's Riley:

54-8, 86%

14-4 vs top 25

Vs Rivals: UT 5-1, OkSt 4-0

3 playoff appearances in 4 years and 9-0 this year.

Two Heismans already, and maybe his best QB has only started 3 games. His recruiting is only now picking up. He's only 38 years old, and he's the OC wherever he goes giving you more money to spend on other coaches.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with what i posted. Comparing him to UT coaches in a discussion comparing him to Saban doesn't compute. I'm fully aware of Riley's merits however I do not believe he can top Saban's run no matter where he goes.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with what i posted. Comparing him to UT coaches in a discussion comparing him to Saban doesn't compute. I'm fully aware of Riley's merits however I do not believe he can top Saban's run no matter where he goes.

The post you initially replied to was hyperbole, and I assumed you understood this.

Anyway, Riley compares favorably to early Saban, I mean LSU-Saban. Look up the numbers. Saban's championship obviously gives it to him, but early Riley is more consistent and beats rivals more consistently.

I'm done here.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting