Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The title of this thread will get unceremoniously worse if you continue to pin Sarkisian's personal failures on the naming of this thread. I enjoy chaos and lighting things on fire.

Also, Sarkisian and crew aren't meeting expectations in recruiting right now. They're trending towards whiffing on major OL targets that could be building blocks. We have no idea how they're going to close overall, but there is a ton of risk on it right now. The current recruiting rankings mean precisely dick.

I was blaming the mood/fighting on the board on the thread title.

Agree we have risk on with the OL but do not agree it says failure yet.  Maybe that happens but so far we remain solidly in the mix as far as I can tell.

DL, RB, LB, WR meet or exceed so far I think.  DB, OL and probably QB need to get firmed up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The title of this thread will get unceremoniously worse if you continue to pin Sarkisian's personal failures on the naming of this thread. I enjoy chaos and lighting things on fire.

Also, Sarkisian and crew aren't meeting expectations in recruiting right now. They're trending towards whiffing on major OL targets that could be building blocks. We have no idea how they're going to close overall, but there is a ton of risk on it right now. The current recruiting rankings mean precisely dick.

Angela Bassett Burn GIF

25 minutes ago, burdine said:

I don't really know what RYPTPA is but I bet this is dang good.

image.thumb.png.c2d25b2febca98b6a96e945e06e66745.png

also was followed up with Julio Jones at the same point . . .

image.thumb.png.76618e4ab4ef79dca4671d8e5de6232c.png

I think we have a really strong sell to give Evan Stewart.

If we get Evan Stewart to pair with Worthy, it's going to forgive some deficiencies in other areas. I always look at the two deep on paper and want some sort of balance, but the reality is that building one elite unit can also be the way to attack things.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, burdine said:

Sorry it just stands out to me as not near as funny as most of the others and the title does not reference recruiting at all basically.

May I suggest   "Where's the Beef?"

The title does not reference recruiting at all basically except for that part in the title where it says "Texas Recruiting Notes 2022". That actually made me laugh, so I appreciate the post. +1

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, burdine said:

I was blaming the mood/fighting on the board on the thread title.

Yup.  The reason we fight on this board is solely due to thread titles we disagree with.  Give it a rest dude.

You could have at least suggested it be changed to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022:  Chokehold Buttfucked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

The Alfred Collins situation is a positive. For this season, recruiting, and the future of reshaping the roster.

Collins was reportedly and visibly showing poor effort and mental intensity during the spring and early games this season (that Bijan run that got leaked on instagram by a recruit is exhibit A; didn't see him flash at all during the spring game). I would venture to guess that the spring rumor floating around of "a talented player who hasn't really done anything but is acting like an NFL pick already" would feature Collins as a prime suspect.  That dynamic probably led to the smoke from Gerry at IT about "Collins and this staff not being a marriage that would last."  

The coaches were unwilling to reward that behavior by playing him early on.  Instead they gave him a choice to buy in or not. 

I think it's pretty clear he's buying in, the coaches are slowly rewarding him with marginally more snaps rather than anointing him the 'chosen one' immediately (even with Jones' injury), and he's now starting to produce on a level that could match his elite potential. 

This is a great example of meritocracy for the current team. It's also good to show recruits that youre not going to be rewarded for diva behavior and have to come in and work regardless of ranking. And it's good for jettisoning dead weight/ bad locker room guys to make space for the future roster. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jester said:

Yup.  The reason we fight on this board is solely due to thread titles we disagree with.  Give it a rest dude.

You could have at least suggested it be changed to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022:  Chokehold Buttfucked.

Good Lord, man, I told you to quit spying on me. Weekends are personal time for personal things. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jester said:

I will post no more on the thread title.

Anybody wanna talk about the year Xavier Worthy is having and how it might help recruiting?  Probably not.

Sorry I screwed the pooch.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Jester said:

Much like Keithron Lee, I reserve my chokehold buttfucks for much of my extended family.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Sark's Sweaty, Hairy Buttcheeks Pressed Firmly Against Your Mirror
54 minutes ago, burdine said:

I don't really know what RYPTPA is but I bet this is dang good.

image.thumb.png.c2d25b2febca98b6a96e945e06e66745.png

also was followed up with Julio Jones at the same point . . .

image.thumb.png.76618e4ab4ef79dca4671d8e5de6232c.png

I think we have a really strong sell to give Evan Stewart.

https://dynastydaydream.wordpress.com/2020/03/26/why-ryptpa-matters/

RYPTPA stands for “receiving yards per team pass attempt”, and it is a stat that Peter Howard (@pahowdy) has been pushing lately, specifically to evaluate college wide receiver prospects. It’s a number that captures both volume and efficiency at the college level, not unlike dominator ratings and market share numbers. However, in this article I will argue that RYPTPA is better than yards market share specifically (and by extension dominator as well) because it inherently adjusts for teammate score. In other words, if a college WR was surrounded by significantly great or poor teammates, RYPTPA will naturally adjust for the situation and give a number that better captures the WR’s true talent.

and

As you can see from their formulae, RYPTPA essentially takes yards MS and divides by (read: normalizes by) team efficiency. I argue that viewed another way, RYPTPA, to an extent, corrects for specifically the level of teammate talent

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm honestly surprised we're going after a highly ranked 2nd qb in this class. From what I've seen it's been pretty difficult to hang on to 2 big dogs. Is Devin Brown actually interested or is this just wish casting?

2 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Surprised in the fact that its a big ask in my opinion, especially with how quickly the locked up Murphy.

56 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Do you by chance know if Murphy has been receptive or if its causing issues?

I doubt the staff would be going after Brown if they actually thought he’d be the second QB in this class. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Is there anyway that we can get the thread name changed to something that’s safe for work networks?

But you're fine with "Balls to the Face" but buttcheeks is a bridge too far? Never mind the profanity and imagery that is present on pretty much every page of this thread? 

Tell the truth now, jaywalking scares you to death doesn't it?

• Hook 'Em 1

@closetojumping I'm ashamed and embarrassed that I'm even going here... but to make the imagery as horrific as possible, shouldn't the sweaty, hairy buttcheeks be pressed against a window and not a mirror? If they are pressed against a mirror, then theoretically nobody can see them. You press that shit up against a window and it's there for all the world to see.

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Yeah this new thread title isn't original. CTJ used the exact same phraseology to describe MENSA. Consider me underwhelmed. 

You cut me to the quick, sir. I'm trying to pull something together here with chewing gum and baling wire. On top of that, I'm trying to write a letter of recommendation for one of your fellow Indo-Americans for his college application process. And do business shit. I'll try harder for your approval in the future, but this worked in a pinch.

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

@closetojumping I'm ashamed and embarrassed that I'm even going here... but to make the imagery as horrific as possible, shouldn't the sweaty, hairy buttcheeks be pressed against a window and not a mirror? If they are pressed against a mirror, then theoretically nobody can see them. You press that shit up against a window and it's there for all the world to see.

You can see them, and the disgusting effort it takes to get them there, if you're standing right there in the bathroom next to him. That's what he wants you to endure. That's the pain and close-range anguish he's imposing on you. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Devin Brown is seriously interested in Texas and Texas won't let Murphy's commitment stop them from taking him. They also feel really good about the Arch recruitment, so you have to believe they simply do not feel very good about their outlook for what is currently on campus.

Speaking of Arch, probably a minor thing but UGA just lost out on their top 22 WR target which helps us in the “give Arch surrounding talent” arms race. If we add Stewart, our WR class puts theirs to shame. 

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Speaking of Arch, probably a minor thing but UGA just lost out on their top 22 WR target which helps us in the “give Arch surrounding talent” arms race. If we add Stewart, our WR class puts theirs to shame. 

Now do OL. Listen man, the talent he needs to win is ALREADY ON CAMPUS AND STACKED 2-3 YEARS DEEP. Stahp. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

You can see them, and the disgusting effort it takes to get them there, if you're standing right there in the bathroom next to him. That's what he wants you to endure. That's the pain and close-range anguish he's imposing on you. 

But as you noted, that's going to take some effort on my part. And if I know it's coming, I'm not getting anywhere near it. In fact, I'm running for the exits.

You want to talk about imposing pain on someone? I kinda pictured him stumbling out of Touche after a few flaming Dr. Peppers just at the exact time I'm stuck in gridlock traffic on 6th Street, so I can't go anywhere. I'm stuck. Trapped. Pinned in, nowhere to go. Then he strolls up to the car and firmly presses his sweaty, hairy, butt cheeks right up against the driver's side window just inches from your face. What can you do? You can't even run him over because he's next to you instead of in front or behind you. You just sit back and enjoy it?

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Nah I don’t want to do OL. Would like to win one of those two position groups though

I'd take a WR class full of Kai Moneys (Kais Money?) if it meant 6 half decent OLs. The top 9 players from our 2018 class were skill players and now we can't block any defense from Oklahoma. 

35 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

But as you noted, that's going to take some effort on my part. And if I know it's coming, I'm not getting anywhere near it. In fact, I'm running for the exits.

You want to talk about imposing pain on someone? I kinda pictured him stumbling out of Touche after a few flaming Dr. Peppers just at the exact time I'm stuck in gridlock traffic on 6th Street, so I can't go anywhere. I'm stuck. Trapped. Pinned in, nowhere to go. Then he strolls up to the car and firmly presses his sweaty, hairy, butt cheeks right up against the driver's side window just inches from your face. What can you do? You can't even run him over because he's next to you instead of in front or behind you. You just sit back and enjoy it?

You assume he wouldn't want to take a gander between his spread legs & see his smiling face smiling right back at himself as he disgraces the University mirror you love so much.

5 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Sorry, I missed this in the hubub. Are you insinuating that you think Murphy would decommit if Brown wanted in?

Idk if he would or not, but I think it’s quite possible the staff thinks Brown is a better prospect so they could live with the chance of Murphy decommitting if they got Brown. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Idk if he would or not, but I think it’s quite possible the staff thinks Brown is a better prospect so they could live with the chance of Murphy decommitting if they got Brown. 

My understanding is that this is the case. Originally, the buzz was that Brown would be a target only if things started trending away from Texas for Manning. Someone clarified that that was actually incorrect and they just viewed him as an excellent take irrespective of anyone else on campus or on the radar.

In shocking news, I haven't even pondered trying to watch film on the guy, so I'd be interested in hearing what you film dorks think.

13 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is kind of what I was trying to get at. I was wondering if there may be some buyers remorse on Murphy based on how his senior season is gone, and they saw Brown who seems interested and they think they can flip.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting